• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia JAP Packshot [PS2]

Solid

symphonia.jpg

Tabris

Is this scheduled to come out in NA?

Also, which console is TOS2 coming to? cause that will decide which version I get. GCN or PS2.

NotMSRP

There hasn't been any annoucement of a TOS2. The PS2 TOS port has extra content. Although the GC version has a Gamecube reference.

Alcibiades

NotMSRP said:
There hasn't been any annoucement of a TOS2. The PS2 TOS port has extra content. Although the GC version has a Gamecube reference.

does the GCN version look better (it should, but who knows)?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
efralope said:
does the GCN version look better (it should, but who knows)?

Probably just a bit, but without 480p support, the GC version really lost a lot of what it could have had...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like the American box the most, the characters seem more mature. I only wish they looked like that in the game.

jiggle said:
Also preview of Tales of Rebirth.

A new song by Day After Tomorrow also. Seems like there will be a decent amount of extras. The ToR preview alone (as long as it's playable) will boost its sales quite a bit.

JC10001 said:
Wow. For once the American version has the best box art (IMO).
Game's not out yet. Remember, for a while it looked like Ikaruga's US box art was going to be the best across all versions...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Kobun Heat said:
Game's not out yet. Remember, for a while it looked like Ikaruga's US box art was going to be the best across all versions...

So are we to expect a haughty, intrusive quote from 1-up.com splashed on the artwork then kobun? :D

AniHawk

Tabris said:
Is this scheduled to come out in NA?

I think it depends on how the GC version does. For example, it does well, so Namco knows there's an audience and releases it in NA. Or it does poorly, so Namco releases it on a system with a bigger audience in NA.

Swordian

AniHawk said:
I think it depends on how the GC version does. For example, it does well, so Namco knows there's an audience and doesn't release it in NA. Or it does poorly, so Namco doesn't release it on a system with a bigger audience in NA.

Fixed.

AniHawk said:
Nope, it's correct the first time.

I have a feeling Namco's gonna bring it over either way, they're just gonna wait on GC's ToS's sales for the excuse.

Your explanation is very similar to what they did with the game in Japan. They wanted 500k out of ToS in Japan and it didn't get it, so then comes the announcement of a PS2 version. Now it seems like they're going to try to hit some goal with the GC version and if that doesn't happen then comes ToS for the PS2 here.

NotMSRP

Seems stupid of Namco not to bring the PS2 port over here. Work on script and voices are done. Just tell the JP programmers to put the stuff into the PS2 version and you're done, for the most part.

Swordian

AniHawk said:
Nope, it's correct the first time.

I have a feeling Namco's gonna bring it over either way, they're just gonna wait on GC's ToS's sales for the excuse.

Based on how they've acted with regard to the Tales series over here so far, I disagree. Although, I wouldn't mind if you wound up being right.

NotMSRP

Preorder bonus reminder:
EB: lithograph & artbook
GS: different lithograph & artbook
Gamecrazy: art cel, similar to the Soul Calibur 2 one

Top Bottom