• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia question

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
When Yggdrasill (Mithos) said he wants to make the age of lifeless beings by using Exsperes to remove the different bloods from elves and humans, what did he plan to do with the half - elves. He would still be left with two different races, unless half -elves already lifeless beings.

Tritroid

Well from what I remember, the Age of Lifeless Beings was going to be primarily for the Half-Elves.

Once there were enough Expheres transformed into Cruxis Crystals through the sacrifice of Humans or Elves, all of the Half-Elves would be given one, transforming them into the Lifeless Beings that would inhabit Sylvarant and Tethe'alla once the Humans and Elves were completely erradicated.

Of course, I think Yggdrasil changes his plans halfway through when he realizes that the Humans pose a greater threat than he originally imagined. That's why he decides to create a world for the Half-Elves on Derris Kharlan instead.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Spoiler intensive, heck even if you haven't played the game you shouldn't be in here :p

Mithos was a half-elf himself, and of the half-elves that were still alive were either Desians who were under command by Mithos or were cast out in that flying village (forget it's name, been too long since I played).

I always figured that his actions were in part due to his distaste towards how half-elves were treated, namely Mithos himself and his sister. Like any form of racial prejudice, a certain side can only take so much till they literally explode. However, by the end you kinda realise how troubled Mithos is and question his sanity.

psycho_snake

Tritroid said:
Well from what I remember, the Age of Lifeless Beings was going to be primarily for the Half-Elves.

Once there were enough Expheres transformed into Cruxis Crystals through the sacrifice of Humans or Elves, all of the Half-Elves would be given one, transforming them into the Lifeless Beings that would inhabit Sylvarant and Tethe'alla once the Humans and Elves were completely erradicated.

Of course, I think Yggdrasil changes his plans halfway through when he realizes that the Humans pose a greater threat than he originally imagined. That's why he decides to create a world for the Half-Elves on Derris Kharlan instead.
So humans and elves would be wiped out in order to make cruxis crystals that would be used to turn half elves into lifeless beings?

Tritroid

psycho_snake said:
So humans and elves would be wiped out in order to make cruxis crystals that would be used to turn half elves into lifeless beings?
Yeah pretty much.

Remember all the 'Angels' of Derris Kharlan? They're actually Half-Elves with Cruxis Crystals. The only side effect is that the Cruxis Crystals actually make living creatures appear 'lifeless' but with great power.

Remember the experiment with Presea? She was a living sacrifice used to create a Cruxis Crystal inside her. Colette also had one for a time.

Of course, I don't really know if the plan was to give Cruxis Crystals to ALL Half-Elves, as that would require a large amount of resources (Human sacrifices) and most of them were already being eliminated to construct Exspheres. So I think most of the Half-Elves would have been given just the Expheres...I'm not really sure.

psycho_snake

Tritroid said:
Yeah pretty much.

Remember all the 'Angels' of Derris Kharlan? They're actually Half-Elves with Cruxis Crystals. The only side effect is that the Cruxis Crystals actually make living creatures appear 'lifeless' but with great power.

Remember the experiment with Presea? She was a living sacrifice used to create a Cruxis Crystal inside her. Colette also had one for a time.

Of course, I don't really know if the plan was to give Cruxis Crystals to ALL Half-Elves, as that would require a large amount of resources (Human sacrifices) and most of them were already being eliminated to construct Exspheres. So I think most of the Half-Elves would have been given just the Expheres...I'm not really sure.
that wouldn't turn them into lifeless beings though. i think your first explanation is the correct one. There were more humans and elves than there were half elves and I'm sure that more than enough cruxis crystals could be made for the half elves

Top Bottom