• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official 360 Thread - Gamertag Roundup

ijm72

younghov72 | ijm72| -6 GMT

This is my first time playing TF and im really enjoying it but I would really like to play with some gaffers because most of the games I join nobody communicates so theres not alot of teamwork.

Ramirez said:
I'm wanting to get this tomorrow, but I'm reading about lag online in TF? Is it isolated or a real problem?

It happens off and on. Also, am I the only one that has the game lock up and need to shut down? And no it's not the system i hope. It's not an original launch unit, my launch unit already red ringed about four months ago and new one was sent.

Also, I fucking hate scouts!!!

Marjorine

george21000 said:
Also, am I the only one that has the game lock up and need to shut down? And no it's not the system i hope.

Happens to me a bit too. Like 4 times since yesterday. Very annoying.

traveler

Not Wario
george21000 said:
It happens off and on. Also, am I the only one that has the game lock up and need to shut down? And no it's not the system i hope. It's not an original launch unit, my launch unit already red ringed about four months ago and new one was sent.

Nope. Happens to me a lot as well, but only with TF2. The rest of the Orange Box (and other games in general) are fine.

george21000 said:

heh, they're pretty ineffective though, unless you run with the bat. I got a chance to try out the spy yesterday and man was it a blast. I was able to sneak into the enemies base in 2fort and cause some major headaches for them.

Also tried the engineer and that was pretty cool, though I still don't get how all the things he builds work.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
added y2kev and bryehn.
if you see me playing orange box and want to play some tf2, just send me an invite and nine times out of ten i'll save my game and jump over for a while

Akujin Alastor | TheDancingWatermelon | -6 GMT

Just got the game today and I'm having a blast, although lots of lag. Hope to play with some gaffer's soon! If you see me playing another game feel free to shoot me an invite, most likely i'll pop the game in.

Hammer

Hammer0982 | Hammer | PDT (GMT -8 I think)

And yea this game's net code handles lag very poorly. It seems as if the smallest hiccup translates to all players. That aside, this game is nothing short of awesome.

Scatter

Scatter | Scatter | -8 GMT

First time posting. Was hoping it'd lag less and maybe have more teamwork with the gafcrew :D

Ramirez

Well, I got it, haven't played it yet, and my FL is full, but if anyone that's already on it has the game, shoot me an invite if I'm on.

Quagm1r3

I'm constantly running into this glitch that makes it so spys don't have sappers on 2fort. Anyone else have this problem?

Kordos

I've heard of other people having the no-electro-sapper problem, but haven't seen it personally.

If anyone w/ a team of 4 is interested in doing some 4v4 scrimmages, send me a PM.

Gamertag: Kordos

The first post should be up-to-date now. I should finally get the game today, so I'll try and organize some GAF games later this week when I have a chance.

Cornballer said:
The first post should be up-to-date now. I should finally get the game today, so I'll try and organize some GAF games later this week when I have a chance.

Cool, please do and let us know when. I tried setting up a gaf match on friday, but everyone was experiencing some bad lag. Played only 3 matches before giving up. That xbl downtime yesterday seemed to have fixed a majority of the lag issues though, as I didn't experience any lag from 3pm onwards, so live matches shouldn't be a stutterfest anymore.

ive been hosting full 16 player matches the last few nights. No complaints of lag. Should be running tonight around 7pm pacific time.

Ran into some weird bugs last night on a dustbowl match. After the 2nd round ended about half the people on the server were "stuck" in place and couldn't move, me being one of them. The other people seemed unaffected and were running around doing stuff. Then they started to complain that they couldn't see their weapons or switch weapons or really shoot anything. Something similar happened to me on the PC version on certain custom maps. It just sucks that once you are in game you are limited to that map/game length etc and cannot just do a quick map change and hope that fixes it.

I hope valve is working on a patch to address the lag issues and that other stuff.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
ive been hosting full 16 player matches the last few nights. No complaints of lag. Should be running tonight around 7pm pacific time.

Mind if I join? err.. send a FR first? Hm. I was wondering if there any gaffers on right now would like to go a few matches on live (2fort maybe? hm? HM?)

Send me a FR or post. (GT: AssemblyR)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
ErrorJustin | GDJustin | -8 GMT (Pacific US time)

I've loooove to get some TF2 on - I've tried playing with strangers and it's no fun. So send my friend invites!

Penguin

GDJustin said:
ErrorJustin | GDJustin | -8 GMT (Pacific US time)

I've loooove to get some TF2 on - I've tried playing with strangers and it's no fun. So send my friend invites!

Just cuz play with GAFfers doesn't make the game more fun...:lol

Though got my ass kicked by strangers yesterday since no one on my team spoke.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Confushious | Rodeo Clown | -5 GMT

I only have 2 people on my friends list with The Orange Box and would like to play with some people.

Hammer

Kordos said:
Since this seems to be the Official TF2 for XBL thread:

It pretty much is. I posted in the tf2 match up forum looking for some activity, and was quickly reprimanded followed by a thread title change. We've been hosed, Tommy. We've been hosed.

It was a somewhat inevitable change, and I don't have a problem with it. I'll PM a mod and see if we can get the thread title switched here, as well. It will make things easier to organize if this thread isn't solely dedicated to rounding up Gamertags.

I played with ErrorJustin last night along with some of my friends. It's a great game when you play with a lot of people that are using their mics and strategery. I'll try and organize some form of a GAF game soon, and of course anyone here is encouraged to do the same.

Thermite

Thermite | Decamus | -5 GMT (Eastern)

I just played my first game of Team Fortress ever, and I absolutely adore it! I have a ton of stuff to learn, I felt like such a noob out there. :lol

P.S. - Getting an Uber charge while playing a heavy is so awesome. I love just mauling people down with my Chaingun.

Quagm1r3

Just got done with a game. I played pyro and got my ass handed to me by scouts rushing me with bats. That makes hardly any sense to me. Pyro is supposedly be the ultimate close range class, so why does the class with the least health run right up to me and own me with a melee weapon?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Has anyone noticed that when you move around the aiming stick, your character's arm stutters ? Is this lag or just a mild framerate issue ?

1-D_FTW

Quagm1r3 said:
Just got done with a game. I played pyro and got my ass handed to me by scouts rushing me with bats. That makes hardly any sense to me. Pyro is supposedly be the ultimate close range class, so why does the class with the least health run right up to me and own me with a melee weapon?

I just came in here to see what the scuttlebutt was with the console version, but you shouldn't be owned by scouts as a pyro. Scout's and spies should be your bitch when you're pyro man.

traveler

Not Wario
We need to get a regular meeting time or something for GAF 360 TF2 games. I'd love to play with you guys (and I need that "With Friends Like These" ach :p) but this game is definitely not like Halo in that I can't go online and expect to find more than one person playing it at any given time.

Thermite

traveler said:
We need to get a regular meeting time or something for GAF 360 TF2 games. I'd love to play with you guys (and I need that "With Friends Like These" ach :p) but this game is definitely not like Halo in that I can't go online and expect to find more than one person playing it at any given time.

Indeed. Every time I load up Team Fortress 2, and only see one or two games available for me to join when I search for some ranked/player matches, I become sad. It's crazy that more people aren't playing such a fantastic game.. :(

Thermite said:
Indeed. Every time I load up Team Fortress 2, and only see one or two games available for me to join when I search for some ranked/player matches, I become sad. It's crazy that more people aren't playing such a fantastic game.. :(

keep re-searching. For some reason, it only shows less then a handful during some searches. Probably has to do with the signal strength.

Top Bottom