• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 PC: GAF Tournament of Victory

Xizk said:
D:

Good games everyone. Will be exciting to play the real thing tomorrow.
Indeed. Sorry about the unbalancing.

I'm still sad we missed the meeting, I don't want a dustbowl redux :(. Funny thing was most of us were actually in the server.

Javaman

Xizk said:
D:

Good games everyone. Will be exciting to play the real thing tomorrow.

You rat. :eek:)

I don't think I managed to get a sentry up past level 1 with you on KAS. At one point you were leading the team on points while being a sub player.

I need to sabatoge your computer before the tourney. :lol

I think we need to redo the scoring prior before we run any more games, Dustbowl and especially Gravel Pit are weighted heavily on points compared to Granary. Also I'm thinking 2 rounds on Gravel would be enough. 4 tends to drag on and on.

Xizk

Javaman said:

I don't think I managed to get a sentry up past level 1 with you on KAS. At one point you were leading the team on points while being a sub player.

I'm going to my moms place this sunday. Will be there for two weeks. And that means playing on a 9600pro D:

1-D_FTW

Javaman said:

Wait. So he was playing on both sides?

Javaman

Xizk said:
I'm going to my moms place this sunday. Will be there for two weeks. And that means playing on a 9600pro D:

I'm running on an ati X200 :eek:P

For some reason I've been dropping packets or something. The framerate tanks and I get lockups for up to a second once new action starts. After a couple seconds it usually speeds up. Is anyone else having issues like that?

1-D_FTW

Javaman said:
I'm running on an ati X200 :eek:P

For some reason I've been dropping packets or something. The framerate tanks and I get lockups for up to a second once new action starts. After a couple seconds it usually speeds up. Is anyone else having issues like that?

I wasn't having that specific issue, but when the action was getting heavy, I was occasionally getting some pretty bad lag. Even out of the spawn area once, I "fired" my rocket when I didn't hit the button. I was also going to the shotgun more than usual, cause reloading a rocket launcher under those conditions is pointless.

Jide

Oh wow, you guys are doing a tourney I didn't know about this at all. hehe. Good luck to all of you.

Ah new TF2 i suppose its time I reinstall my steam with tf2 then ? :D

Although I just got UT3 :(

Javaman said:

I think we need to redo the scoring prior before we run any more games, Dustbowl and especially Gravel Pit are weighted heavily on points compared to Granary. Also I'm thinking 2 rounds on Gravel would be enough. 4 tends to drag on and on.

You'll have me as a heavy tomorrow, protecting you a bit while you build up your sg :D

1-D_FTW

BLU should meet 15 minutes early in chat to discuss a strategy for Granary. I've got one suggestion that I think could make a significant difference and I know I'd be open to any suggestions that would help.

Jacobi

Banned
You are not mistaken, yes I think it's 10pm. Also looking forward to it :) Get your mics ready, Cuborz. because we need some gravel pit tactics, if I remember correctly

1-D_FTW said:
BLU should meet 15 minutes early in chat to discuss a strategy for Granary. I've got one suggestion that I think could make a significant difference and I know I'd be open to any suggestions that would help.

I'm there, but what do you mean exactly by 'meeting in chat'?

Scrimmage last night was painful--I just didn't play well. Being a sole engineer is quite different from having a few you can coordinate with.

PillowKnight said:
Every group has a group chat, you can access it via the group's steam community page. Just click on "X players in chat".

Ah, ok. I just need to join the BLU group on Steam then I guess.

1-D_FTW

Richardfun said:
I'm there, but what do you mean exactly by 'meeting in chat'?

If you haven't logged in yet, there's probably an invite. I know Java sent me one. I just think it's important to have a plan for granary. We're good on Dustbowl and Gravel Pit, but Granary rewards certain styles and I think a couple easy tweaks and we'll be a lot better on it.

1-D_FTW said:
If you haven't logged in yet, there's probably an invite. I know Java sent me one. I just think it's important to have a plan for granary. We're good on Dustbowl and Gravel Pit, but Granary rewards certain styles and I think a couple easy tweaks and we'll be a lot better on it.

Haven't been at my pc for a while, but i'll accept that invite tomorrow then :D

JoeFu

Banned
I can play today, but I'm going to have to play on my laptop :(

I'm not that good on my laptop. SORRY CUB0RZ :(

I will still try my best, I'm going to go to someones house because my uncle wants to go there :( I hope I find a nice place to set up.

Javaman

Richardfun said:
If I am not mistaken, it's a 6 hour difference between EST and GMT+1 (where I am). Playing at 10pm tomorrow then, excellent!

It'll be great to have you! I think the scheduled events on the "group" page automatically adjust their time based on the viewer's timezone, but I hadn't tested it.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Javaman said:
It'll be great to have you! I think the scheduled events on the "group" page automatically adjust their time based on the viewer's timezone, but I hadn't tested it.
Yep, it does it for me so.. yeah.

Javaman said:

One question. I should see the group invite on the steam website as well, right? I just visited my steamid page on the website, and while I did see your friend invite Java, I did not see any group invite.

Javaman

Richardfun said:
One question. I should see the group invite on the steam website as well, right? I just visited my steamid page on the website, and while I did see your friend invite Java, I did not see any group invite.

You should have one now. We're keeping our group chat up for people to talk strats.

K, installing Steam here now, so I can at least join the chatter. I doubt TF2 would even run on this laptop. The cpu and memory may be fine, but it has a crappy videocard. I'll definitely be on tomorrow before 10pm though, to get a bit of practice in.

Javaman

Tourney starts in 1 hour! EAD and CUBE, do you want the teams to stay balanced with extra players or do you want to play as is, advantages or not.

Xizk

Javaman said:
Tourney starts in 1 hour! EAD and CUBE, do you want the teams to stay balanced with extra players or do you want to play as is, advantages or not.

We'll play with as many as the team who has less has.

1-D_FTW

Can't there be like a minimum limit of 6 players per team (or 7, or something)? If it drops below that, you can add spectators; and if it's above 6 you keep teams balanced by asking the team with an advantage to voluntarily choose someone to stop/spectatate? We really should have had some system in place for this.

Javaman

Xizk said:
We'll play with as many as the team who has less has.

Basically we have 3 options,
1. Leave the imbalance. playing a game with 4 against 8 players would suck, but part of the tourney is getting your people together.
2. Allow random spectators to join the teams to help balance out the numbers (preferably tourney tagged spectators)
3. Reduce the number of players on the majority team down to the minority team's level.

Let's do it like this:

* Each team must have 6 players. If less than 6, specs can join.

* If one team has > +1 player difference (ie Cube has 6, EAD has 8) the team can add ONE spectator

Sound ok?

1-D_FTW

Javaman said:
1. Leave the imbalance. playing a game with 4 against 8 players would suck, but part of the tourney is getting your people together.
2. Allow random spectators to join the teams to help balance out the numbers (preferably tourney tagged spectators)
3. Reduce the number of players on the majority team down to the minority team's level.

1.) Kind of sucks since the team was randomly selected. Now if you were to poll members, realize they couldn't make it, and recruit new gaffers to replace them (And they didn't show up, that would be fair.) Otherwise we should just throws numbers into a hat, pick, and declare that group the winner.

Jacobi

Banned
Javaman said:
2 is the best one imo

Top Bottom