• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8: Victor Chevalier Revealed

Stage looks dope, his design is cool, minus all the weapons, that is just overkill.
I was hyped for him but now, nope, lol. Not my style at all, hopefully Reina (in 10 days) will be good.
Apparently she will have the moveset of Heihachi (my main).

Rheon

Man, design, voice, personality and stage are all 10/10.

But that fighting style... completely unexpected lol.

Guess Noctis mains have a new main since he won't be returning for T8.

kevm3

I like the design of the character. Don't really care for all of the weapons. Cool music though

yanhash

Harada goes to America once

season 5 starz GIF by Power

Chukhopops

Stage is quite incredible, respect to the artists for capturing the Paris vibe.

Voice is a bit weird and flat coming from Cassel but the rest looks great.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Did this cat make a wrong turn, cuz me thinks he is in the wrong game.
Guilty Gear is ←that way.
Dont get me wrong its a cool design adn cool fighting style but seems very NOT Tekken.
But ehh.....already ahve my main selected for Tekken so I just need to learn to counter him incase he gets popular.

P.S:

Did I miss the Yoshimitsu reveal trailer or something?

poodaddy

Weird negativity towards the only character thus far that even seemed remotely notable to me. Very cool design, love that it's an older guy too, and there's not enough French characters in fighters so that's rad.

Very, very cool design and gameplay.

Neff

First new addition to the Tekken roster which has made me fully sit up and pay attention since 3.

I haven’t looked at Tekken since Tekken 3. Are they some sort of virtual reality avatars now or something? Shooting and stabbing each other without taking wounds? Why are weapons being used at all?

Did this cat make a wrong turn, cuz me thinks he is in the wrong game.
Guilty Gear is ←that way.
Dont get me wrong its a cool design adn cool fighting style but seems very NOT Tekken.
But ehh.....already ahve my main selected for Tekken so I just need to learn to counter him incase he gets popular.

P.S:

Did I miss the Yoshimitsu reveal trailer or something?
11 characters don't have their own trailer :pie_eyeroll: They revealed them in just 2 trailers.
Yoshimitsu , Zafina , Claudio, Dragunov , Leo , Steve, Kuma, Panda, Alisa, Devil Jin, Shaheen.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I haven’t looked at Tekken since Tekken 3. Are they some sort of virtual reality avatars now or something? Shooting and stabbing each other without taking wounds? Why are weapons being used at all?
Getting stabbed without receiving a wound has been around since Tekken 1. Devil Kazuya has been able to shoot a laser since Tekken 2.

The fights just aren't realistic

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
That was a special final boss.

Isn’t this supposed to be a tournament? Why are there guns?

You're asking why there are no wounds on the character when you have someone like Yoshimitsu who has been using a sword since Tekken 1. You're trying to base gameplay on reality.

Characters in most action games can take bullets to the chest and all they need is a health kit to regain their life. You're taking the gameplay too literally. Also, each character is not in a tournament. They have conflicts outside of the tournament.

Soodanim

CQC looking gunplay style from Snake
Sword from MGRising
Bloodhound Step from Elden Ring
Knives from I can't think who
Slam/ground impact reminds me of something too

Not sure who else I see in there, but he looks like a mash up of someone's favourites across media wrapped up in a stylish suit. Not a bad thing, he looks quite fun.

Just when I thought they were doing something interesting in Tekken 8 with Azucena, they pull this crap. Noctis 1.5 🤮

P.S. This game hasn't even finished its reveals and already feels outdated... Original reveal trailer was a complete lie.

P.S.S. Heihachi and Kuma are legends. Panda is cannonfodder filler.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Gold Member
Tekken 8 is shaping up to be absolutely shit hot, essential purchase material.
Everything I've seen (Barring Paul looking even more of a douche than usual) looks incredible!

Top Bottom