• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenchu Kurenai Costumes

maskrider

Ayame
ayame-default.jpg

ayame-tenchu3.jpg

ayame-tenchu2.jpg

ayame-tenchu-x.jpg

ayame-armor.jpg

Rin
rin-default.jpg

rin-alternate.jpg

rin-armor.jpg

maskrider

Ninjas are stealth assassins, Tenchu is THE true Ninja game. It is not Tenchu Gaiden.

Those who only like beat them up don't bother with it and go with your Ninja Gaiden.

Well, excuse me all to hell then. But when I buy a next-gen sequel to a flawed-but-promising game I played to death 5 years ago, I expect NOT to find that I've forked over $40 for what is essentially the same game. The original Tenchu was a unique experience, and an innovator in stealth gaming, but Wrath of Heaven was a just a tired retread with a new coat of paint. I've yet to finish it, out of nothing but sheer boredom brought on by an inescapable feeling of deja vu.

Money well spent, to be sure.
hrmm.gif

This series doesn't need to die, what it needs is a revamp.

Fact is, Splinter Cell has much more realistic stealth. On the PS1, having no real time shadows was fine, since it was just not possible. After playing Splinter Cell though, the "stealth" aspect of Tenchu is weak sauce. Not to mention that the enemy AI is dumb as a brick, and no better than the original. I loved the first game, but it's been all down hill from there.

They need to make this an XB only title, so they can add realistic lighting and SHADOWS, and then port a weaker version to the PoS2. Being a Ninja, and not being able to actually hide in shadows, in a stealth action type game, this gen, = lame (especially if you're playing a ninja). When the first game came out, I felt it had better stealth than MGS, but then Splinter Cell came out, and beat them both in the stealth department.

Tenchu still has a few things over SC (like the fighting and stealth kills), but stealth isn't one of them. Hopefully, next gen, the developers won't be so lazy/stupid. Sam Fisher is a cool character, but I'd much rather be playing as Rikki Maru, sneaking around in the shadows, knocking out candle lights with a blow gun.

maskrider

Spike Spiegel said:
Well, excuse me all to hell then. But when I buy a next-gen sequel to a flawed-but-promising game I played to death 5 years ago, I expect NOT to find that I've forked over $40 for what is essentially the same game. The original Tenchu was a unique experience, and an innovator in stealth gaming, but Wrath of Heaven was a just a tired retread with a new coat of paint. I've yet to finish it, out of nothing but sheer boredom brought on by an inescapable feeling of deja vu.

Money well spent, to be sure.
hrmm.gif

Well then, considering that I haven't actually played all the previous Tenchu games (I have 3 but I hadn't play it) until Tenchu Kurenai (just completed all the missions), this is a fresh air to me.

Don't play it even if it looks miles better than the PS Tenchu games then.

maskrider

The Promised One said:
This series doesn't need to die, what it needs is a revamp.

Fact is, Splinter Cell has much more realistic stealth. On the PS1, having no real time shadows was fine, since it was just not possible. After playing Splinter Cell though, the "stealth" aspect of Tenchu is weak sauce. Not to mention that the enemy AI is dumb as a brick, and no better than the original. I loved the first game, but it's been all down hill from there.

They need to make this an XB only title, so they can add realistic lighting and SHADOWS, and then port a weaker version to the PoS2. Being a Ninja, and not being able to actually hide in shadows, in a stealth action type game, this gen, = lame (especially if you're playing a ninja). When the first game came out, I felt it had better stealth than MGS, but then Splinter Cell came out, and beat them both in the stealth department.

Tenchu still has a few things over SC (like the fighting and stealth kills), but stealth isn't one of them. Hopefully, next gen, the developers won't be so lazy/stupid. Sam Fisher is a cool character, but I'd much rather be playing as Rikki Maru, sneaking around in the shadows, knocking out candle lights with a blow gun.

I was simply put off by Splinter Cell, the whole environment and the main character are not the type that I want and the disc had only spinned inside my X-BOX once and was then left inside its package up til this moment. Well, simply a personal preference.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ayame's last costume is kinda cool. Reading this post kinda made me want to play more of Wrath of Heaven...never finished it.

maskrider

Grizzlyjin said:
Ayame's last costume is kinda cool. Reading this post kinda made me want to play more of Wrath of Heaven...never finished it.

"Wrath of Heaven" also has that from what I've read. It is an armor item.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
maskrider said:
"Wrath of Heaven" also has that from what I've read. It is an armor item.

Damn, now I really need to beat that game.

kevm3

Some of these costumes are attrocious and makes a mockery of what the first game was. I find it hard to believe one would be engaging in stealth missions with slutty "ninja garb". Whoever was the idiot that tried to inject sexual appeal into this series needs to be fired. I'm all for putting 'hot babes' in certain games, but this isn't the type of game to do it in.

maskrider

kevm3 said:
Some of these costumes are attrocious and makes a mockery of what the first game was. I find it hard to believe one would be engaging in stealth missions with slutty "ninja garb". Whoever was the idiot that tried to inject sexual appeal into this series needs to be fired. I'm all for putting 'hot babes' in certain games, but this isn't the type of game to do it in.

Ayame
1. Kurenai default costume
2. Tenchu 3 costume
3. Tenchu 2 costume
4. Tenchu Shinobi Gaisen
5. With the protecting armor item

Rin
1. Kurenai default
2. Alternate
3. With the protecting armor item

kevm3 said:

Uh, all of these costumes are from Tenchu 1, 2, & 3. The bottom 3 are for the new character, Rin.

belgurdo

Banned
kevm3 said:

I'm kind of failing to see how having exposed legs makes the costumes "slutty," unless you think that ninja always wore black pajamas 24/7.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This reminds me I still haven't gotten Wrath of Heaven, I should do that.

Top Bottom