• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

He can get direct entry into the main draw now, can't he?

I read on SI that he would still have to go through qualies or hope for a WC .
http://tennis.si.com/2013/03/14/ernests-gulbis-indian-wells-atp/

"With his fourth-round performance at Indian Wells, Gulbis will rise to No. 55 on Monday. The tough news for him is that he may still be stuck in the qualifying tournament at the Sony Open next week in Miami. Though one main-draw wild card is still open, Gulbis isn’t confident he’ll get it."

Globox_82

Banned
Can Nadal stop playing possum with his rope a dope talk nonsense. Before the match he said he can't beat Roger, than he plays like a mad dog. Now he is saying the same before Tomas match. I am sick and tired of that BS he pulls. And honestly does anyone believe him when he says "Roger is the greatest in history"? He was my second favorite player a year ago. Now he is annoying me because of talk like this. and it is non stop, after every match.

MIMIC

Banned
Can Nadal stop playing possum with his rope a dope talk nonsense. Before the match he said he can't beat Roger, than he plays like a mad dog. Now he is saying the same before Tomas match. I am sick and tired of that BS he pulls. And honestly does anyone believe him when he says "Roger is the greatest in history"? He was my second favorite player a year ago. Now he is annoying me because of talk like this. and it is non stop, after every match.

Nadal is incredibly superstitious. He will attempt to anti-jinx himself at every turn by playing down his odds.

IISANDERII

He wasn't playing possum. This is his first hard court tournament in a year, it took 3 sets to beat somebody outside the top 50 and Roger's injury worsened during the match.

Globox_82

Banned
He wasn't playing possum. This is his first hard court tournament in a year, it took 3 sets to beat somebody outside the top 50 and Roger's injury worsened during the match.

the thing is, he was doing that even before the injury. Maybe not at this level, but still he was doing it. It is annoying and ridiculous at this point.

LuuKyK

Today should be a great day. The only match I dont really care is the Murray one. Djoker vs Tsonga has so much potential for drama. After that Carebear vs Pushniacki battle of the extreme pushers, might be funny at least. :lol And after that my waifus are on court, the battle of the Marias. Hopefully Big Masha wins. Cant wait.

Globox_82

Banned
Today should be a great day. The only match I dont really care is the Murray one. Djoker vs Tsonga has so much potential for drama. After that Carebear vs Pushniacki battle of the extreme pushers, might be funny at least. :lol And after that my waifus are on court, the battle of the Marias. Hopefully Big Masha wins. Cant wait.

i think delpo might win tonight

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Hopefully Djokovic v Tsonga will be at least half as entertaining as their French Open match was. That was exciting.

mcfrank

Anyone have a stream of this? I cannot pull it up with the ESPN iPad app since it does not get ESPN News and it says blacked out on ESPN 3.

Top Bottom