• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Works announces Deadlight: Director's Cut for PC, PS4 & XB1; out June 21st

chadskin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyOUeLRm6bI

PR:
Deep Silver Announces Deadlight: Directors Cut, Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on June 21

Face your fears, or face death in the newly announced Deadlight: Directors Cut from Deep Silver, launching this summer on consoles and PC. Deadlight, the iconic zombie experience rises once more, spreading its deadliest infection yet to PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Created in collaboration between Tequila Works and Abstraction Games, Deadlight: Directors Cut will deliver the definitive Deadlight cinematic experience on June 21, 2016 for $19.99.

Making its debut on PlayStation consoles, Deadlight: Directors Cut enhances the survival platformer on all systems in every way including: superior controls, new animations and full 1080p resolution. Featuring a brand new game mode, the ‘Survival Arena’ will be one of the toughest zombie challenges yet.

Set in an apocalyptic 1986, Deadlight tells the tale of Randall Wayne, an introverted and slightly paranoid survivor trying to rejoin his family in a world torn apart by zombies. From the destroyed streets of Seattle, through the crumbled underbelly of the city’s sewers, and the remnants of a forgotten stadium, players search for the haven known as the ‘safe point.’ Through tense platforming and life-threatening zombie encounters, gamers must choose to use limited ammunition to decimate the undead or utilize the surroundings to sneak past them and hide. Combat isn’t always the answer, especially against those known as ‘shadows,’ the walking, undead remains of the human race.

Raising money for Rime eh

I know whenever there's a remaster people ask themselves "who asked for this," but this might actually be the first time that literally no one asked for this.

I liked Deadlight, but there's no reason for this to exist at all.

TM94

HJ0jsIV.gif

danowat

Banned
I know whenever there's a remaster people ask themselves "who asked for this," but this might actually be the first time that literally no one asked for this.

I'm sure they did market research........right?

Because now people who didn't have a 360/PS3 last gen, or they did but just missed it, have a chance to play it. It probably didn't cost much to port it over and add some extras so it makes perfect sense to me.

I liked the game overall but I remember the end sequences being somewhat irritating.

Ridley327

Deadlight is not a very good game, but the fake Tiger Electronics handhelds you come across were amusing in their accuracy.

Castef

Banned
Makes sense. Easy money for developing Rime.

Too bad the game is way too rough. Maybe they'll fix it a bit...

I was surprised how much hate Deadlight got in the previous Rime thread. Wasn't the best "cinematic" platformer I've ever played but certainly not something on the same level as the Flashback remake. Maybe it's just the lack of games in that genre but I ended up enjoying Deadlight myself.

Raising money for Rime eh

Seems like it. Which given the dismissive way they've handled the messaging towards the public on Rime's status after we learned Sony dropped it, a cash grab a week later sticks in my craw a bit. But whatever, they're allowed to sell what they want if there's a market for it.

I'm sure they did market research........right?

The probably researched the status of their loans from the Spanish government and realized if they don't deliver on Rime, or at least raise enough money to pay stuff back, they're in hot water.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I liked Deadlight a lot and I think you will too if you like clunky, heavy, realistic-physics platformers like the early Prince of Persia games. It's about the right length for the ideas it has, it's pretty speedrunnable too. I think some people are disappointed that the game is what is; that the second section didn't have enough zombies, that some of the puzzles and platforming were trial and error, that combat was clunky. I think if you know that going in and you don't mind or you actually enjoy that, you'll think a lot of the game.

Nope. I finished the achievements for that game so I would never have to go back. Too linear and scripted when you actually got in the game.

Guymelef

So Deep Silver is publishing this...

Would be funny if they take care of Rime as well...but after Dead Island 2 and Homefront Revolution would make sense...

Ran rp

no rime or reason

Top Bottom