• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread |OT| Plenty of Time Left in the Silly Season

Sufficiently impressed with NBC Sports' debut coverage with tonight's preview show. The personalities are of course familiar, but the production is now a first rate affair. F1's coverage was badly in need of growing up, and tonight was a good first step.

FP1 in HD can't come soon enough.

moojito

This "no no, our car sucks" thing f1 teams have going on is pretty annoying. I was reading some article today quoting mclaren saying they'd be happy just to finish in the points in Australia. What a load of nonsense.

This "no no, our car sucks" thing f1 teams have going on is pretty annoying. I was reading some article today quoting mclaren saying they'd be happy just to finish in the points in Australia. What a load of nonsense.

Well McLaren apparently currenty have issues maintaining pace over a race distance, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if all they could pick up we're some points, especially given that Lotus, Merc & Ferrari are believed to be so closely matched.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Total laps in testing
- Mercedes 1138
- Sauber 1060
- Ferrari 1049
- Red Bull 1008
- Williams 998
- Caterham 985
- Toro Rosso 984
- Mclaren 939
- Force India 924
- Marussia 799
- Lotus 771

andshrew

Just out of interest... are you sure about that? (Sky Sports F1 on VM in HD for an extra £5)

You're literally the only place online I can find that info.

Pretty sure you can only get HD direct from Sky.

The only sports channels VM get in HD are Sky Sports 1 & 2

Goldrusher

LOL

http://en.espnf1.com/marussia/motorsport/story/102437.html

With just over a week before the first practice session at the Australian Grand Prix, Marussia says it is still without a signed commercial agreement with Formula One's Commercial Rights Holder (CRH).

Bernie Ecclestone has negotiated agreements with all the other teams on behalf of the CRH, but despite having its 2013 entry accepted by the FIA, Marussia confirmed on Thursday that it still does not have a commercial deal in place.

"We are in active discussion with the Commercial Rights Holder but, as of today [Thursday], we do not have a signed agreement with them," a spokesperson confirmed to ESPN.

Speaking to ESPN at last week's Barcelona test, team principal John Booth said he felt a deal was not far off.

"It's getting pretty close now," he said. "Nothing is signed yet, but it's getting pretty close now."

Until an agreement is signed Marussia will not be entitled to a share of Formula One's revenues, but Booth said it was more important for Ecclestone to get an agreement in place ahead of the first race.

"No [it's not vital for Marussia ahead of Australia]," he added. "It's vital for Bernie because he won't be able to film us without it."

Lach

I don't think the Demon Headmaster cares about FP, he was the one who ordered the tv crew not to film Force India at Bahrain. No deal in place for the race would be interesting - lol, how would they show the start?

Is there any confirmation of this? Is there statistical data (of Force India on screen-time compared to other teams) to support this? I know that people (including me) felt like this was the case but I hadn't heard of it confirmed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Is there any confirmation of this? Is there statistical data (of Force India on screen-time compared to other teams) to support this? I know that people (including me) felt like this was the case but I hadn't heard of it confirmed.

I remember that race, FI cars were only visible for a few moments in Qualies and only on start during the race :D

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Someone needs to make an executive decision today and decide on one of the sites today so everyone has time to register for next weekend.

If no one has the ability to gauge which site is best we might as well sign up on all of them and just stick with the best one after a few races. Saves getting stuck with a pile of shit all season.

Top Bottom