• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Bethanie seriously came to play. Maybe she's not as intimidated after all. Her strokes just aren't as penetrating as Serena's though.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Radwanska lost the first set. So far it's looking like it'll be another American Serena has to play should she win this match, then possibly another in the quarterfinals if she plays her sister.

Radwanska lost the first set. So far it's looking like it'll be another American Serena has to play should she win this match, then possibly another in the quarterfinals if she plays her sister.

Radwanska squandered break point opportunities galore to get back on serve, but Keys largely played a superb set and deserved it. Check out her running cross-court forehand passing shot in the first game of the match. I said "wow".

Bethannie lack of first serve percentage hurt her a lot this set. Her serve is either fast and out or a slow kicker.

It was fun while it lasted, as Serena is serving much better now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Radwanska squandered break point opportunities galore to get back on serve, but Keys largely played a superb set and deserved it. Check out her running cross-court forehand passing shot in the first game of the match. I said "wow".

Yeah, for sure. Keys can be pretty impressive when she's on. It's mostly a question of whether she will be or not, I don't think she really has much of a plan B, if that makes sense.

Shame Aga couldn't consolidate that break.

Don't know why people were rating Raonic and Dimitrov early on. I saw nothing in them in the early days and I still don't.

Grigor's got the big serve, his 2014 Wimbledon run was pretty good.
Beat the Dog in 5, disposed of a back still recovering Murray in the quarters in straight sets, and pushed Novak to 9-7 in a 4th set breaker.
He's got real talent imo but remains to be seen if he's got the testicular fortitude to get it done.

Genie skepticism is more warranted, she doesnt have that one big weapon.
On the more superficial front -
She's kinda cute, but isn't in the same galaxy as a Kournikova, not close to an Ivanovic or Sabatani.
Even Serena and Sharapova crush Genie in the looks dept imo.
I don't get it myself, cute at best, but i suppose marketers will take what they can get.

scarlet

Grigor's got the big serve, his 2014 Wimbledon run was pretty good.
Beat the Dog in 5, disposed of a back still recovering Murray in the quarters in straight sets, and pushed Novak to 9-7 in a 4th set breaker.
He's got real talent imo but remains to be seen if he's got the testicular fortitude to get it done.

Genie skepticism is more warranted, she doesnt have that one big weapon.
On the more superficial front -
She's kinda cute, but isn't in the same galaxy as a Kournikova, not close to an Ivanovic or Sabatani.
Even Serena and Sharapova crush Genie in the looks dept imo.
I don't get it myself, cute at best, but i suppose marketers will take what they can get.

But she doesn't shriek, complain, whine, etc. Her only misstep was to not shake someone's hand post-match or something.

Right now she is playing like shit, but she only needs one slam to pretty outearn everyone. Just like Na Li a few years back.

Serena has that look in her eye.

COGehloUYAAK62W.jpg

Diamond

Don't know why people were rating Raonic and Dimitrov early on. I saw nothing in them in the early days and I still don't.

My two cents : Raonic has one of the most efficient serves ever, Dimitrov is talented and scores trick shots only him (and maybe Federer) can make, they both have been in the top 10, both have been in slam semies.

Some very intense ball striking between Chardy and Ferrer.

But Li Na had real pop on her groundstrokes, could actually trade power for power with just about anyone.
I dont think Genie hits it as hard as Li Na did.

Jim Parsons is one of the nicest guys, and Genie's always seemed pleasant in interviews, so she's probably a nice, cool person. I've got nothing against her.

She's better than someone like Safina......but I need to see more from her before she's slam worthy.
I'd rather Wozniacki get one first...she's been a far more consistent player, lacks power but at least she's paid her dues, be nice if she snuck a French Open out 1 yr, she's a worthy 1 Slam wonder player.

Genie's not there yet...someone like Halep is also far more worthy at this point.

scarlet

But Li Na had real pop on her groundstrokes, could actually trade power for power with just about anyone.
I dont think Genie hits it as hard as Li Na did.

Jim Parsons is one of the nicest guys, and Genie's always seemed pleasant in interviews, so she's probably a nice, cool person. I've got nothing against her.

She's better than someone like Safina......but I need to see more from her before she's slam worthy.
I'd rather Wozniacki get one first...she's been a far more consistent player, lacks power but at least she's paid her dues, be nice if she snuck a French Open out 1 yr, she's a worthy 1 Slam wonder player.

Genie's not there yet...someone like Halep is also far more worthy at this point.

I'm with you about Genie. It wasn't my quote :p

I want Aga to win one, but welp...

LuuKyK

Someone else watching Genie and Kyrgios play? lol

Theres sexual tension there for sure. x_x Also Kyrgios is messing up the match, Genie is carrying him.

MIMIC

Banned
Decent match so far. I don't watch The Fog's matches too often but he has some great shots. Nadal looking pretty good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom