• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Super Robot Wars Z - Jigoku-hen |OT| Localized when hell chapter freezes over

Shouta

W is easy too though, OG unit in that is bussssted, lol.

As for spheres,
that plot point about stealing probably is only valid for Gemini

Bebpo

Banned
W is easy too though, OG unit in that is bussssted, lol.

As for spheres,
that plot point about stealing probably is only valid for Gemini

Re: Spheres

Unless there's more OG plot revealed in 59/60/epilogue, my take on Stage 58 is that Geneon and Asakim's mech are products of DEM Corporation designed to steal specific spheres from their users (the idea being the DEM Corp makes imitation mechs of sphere mechs with the ability to steal their spheres so in Z3-2 we'd see villians with imitation Gunleon and imitation Virgola) and that the big bad for Z3-2 is DEM Corp as they're trying to acquire all the spheres to do something.

That's just my guess though. Gonna try to get through the final post-58 DLC + 59 tonight and probably 60/Epilogue tomorrow night.

Bebpo

Banned
Also, it's definitely interesting that they said re: Spheres
that the only sphere that can defeat Gemini is the Inquisitive Goat, aka Asakim is gonna be the biggest threat to Hibiki in Z3-2.

I really hope Asakim is either the final boss of the Z series or he joins your team Shu-style for the endgame.

Bebpo

Banned
Also (endgame spoilers):
I'm a little annoyed that we're this far into the story and they still haven't explained to the cast what Stigma/Branded/Rakuin means since it's been pretty obvious to the player for years that they ripped this straight out of Berserk and anyone who goes through a dimensional quake becomes "branded" and is destined to be thrown from one universe/dimension to another for the rest of their lives, aka why Asakim whose been stuck in this loop for years is sick of it and just wants release from it all (probably why he wants all the spheres, to break the branded system).

I was really hoping when Z3-1 first got announced that "Time Prison"-hen was going to refer to the metaphorical prison of those who are branded and forced to warp around dimensions their whole lives, always being separated from their friends and loved ones, and that Z3-1 was going to be about the brands and set up for Z3-2's final of destroying the dimensional system that controls all this.

But nope, was just about some dumb stopping time prison thing that the good guys broke and it never really mattered much.

Like I've said, they've got A LOT to reveal and talk about and solve in Z3-2.

Shouta

A lot of this stuff is discussed throughout the games. It's just not in an info-dump format.

Spheres:
Only The Geninion and Hibiki have "stolen" a sphere from a user before they were killed so it's likely that this is a unique case and is probably related to the fact it's the Gemini constellation. It's probably not just a matter of it being two different and conflicting emotions. Hence, why he'was able to use the Geninion's power throughout the game like he did at times.

Remember, that all the spheres up until this point have been taken from their holders through killing them. Iam Liared was killed, so was Uther. The undisclosed Capricorn holder was also killed as well. Hibiki was also referred to as a "fragment holder" before getting the Sphere itself which signals he was meant to be one half of the Quarreling Twins.

OG Plotline

They haven't discussed with the cast yet but it's partially been talked about in other forums, the Singularities that exist in the game are probably similar to the Stigma that Asakim refers to. In fact, I recall him mentioning that they won't age, etc because they were branded and all that.

Also, remember that Asakim being stuck in this Infinity Prison was related to his past and that's the reason he wants to off himself, lol. He's not there to break the system itself, he just wants to end it himself and which is why he was ok with getting stuck in the ZONE in Z2-2. The spheres would give him the power to remove the curse placed on him.

Time prison works well as a title though because that's what it is. Breaking out of it all is the next chapter and has a fitting subtitle for it.

Bebpo

Banned
Spoilers (for everything):

It's not that they don't give us (the player) the info, you're right in that they've been giving us enough to piece out the mysteries. I'm just annoyed that the characters are still dumb-as-rocks oblivious and they're like "Stigma? Aim used that word too, so did Asakim, I wonder what it means?"

It's as bad as Metal Gear games where people go:

Guy A: It's a Nuclear equipped sub!
Snake: Nuclear equipped sub?

>_<

Just wish they'd explain some of the OG stuff to the characters so they can stop being oblivious to things :p

Also:

It's funny how the crew in Z3-1 suspect Hibiki of being a sphere user until Gadlight shows up with a sphere and they totally ignore Hibiki's mysterious powers for the rest of the game until he gets Gadlight's sphere LOL

Also is it just me or I thought at some point early on Advent told Hibiki Advent was a sphere reactor? But he obviously wasn't one when he died.

Shouta

Spoilers (for everything):

It's funny how the crew in Z3-1 suspect Hibiki of being a sphere user until Gadlight shows up with a sphere and they totally ignore Hibiki's mysterious powers for the rest of the game until he gets Gadlight's sphere LOL

Also is it just me or I thought at some point early on Advent told Hibiki Advent was a sphere reactor? But he obviously wasn't one when he died.

Yes.
Advent mentioned it, so did several other people as well. That's why the Highlander stuff will probably stick as Hibiki is a pretty unique situation. They could've done more for him in this but it looks like they're saving all of his cards for Z3-2 and just setting up the bigass stakes, lol.

Bebpo

Banned
Stage 59:
Well that was the most tedious stage in the game. ZZZ. Also, Chou Ginga Gurren Lagann animation is a mixed bag. Kind of good, kind of choppy. Sprite just looks ok. Prefer Arc Gurren Lagann's gattai appearance attack in Z2-2.

Also played a bit of Stage 60 (will finish tomorrow): So they're ending GL in this game, eh. I mean I'm fine with that, but it's lame that if they were going to finish GL in this game that they didn't spend more of the game on it. Just doing the whole post-moon space arc in 2 maps is kind of Endless Waltz rushed and bad. GL's first high quality apperance in SRW deserves better.

Also makes me wonder why they didn't just do ALL of the 2nd half of GL in Z2-2. I figured it was because since the scale was so large and epic that they had to save it for Z3-2 and combine it with the final OG stuff for the Z series. But since they aren't and Z3-2 will be on it's own epic scale...why didn't they just do the whole thing in Z2-2 :\ It would've been really satisfying there since Z2-1 had done the first half and then Z2-2 did the character development, story stuff of the Space Arc -> Moon fight along with Arc Gurren Lagann. Would've been great if it kept going and did what these 2 maps in Z3-1 are doing back in Z2-2. I mean that was rhetorical to a degree, I get that they saved it for Z3-1 so they could make the OG plot about Time Prison to stop the anti-spirals and others from coming and then when the prison breaks it's time to fight them because they come in full force.

...but they didn't need the anti-spirals. Game could've just been about the time prison and ended with breaking it through CCA. And then Z3-2 can deal with the bigger OG threat and baal monsters since it seems like the OG threat is just the anti-spirals renamed to an OG enemy and with the same purpose as the anti-spirals but across all dimensions (going by what the anti-spiral said at the start of stage 60 about the "true enemy of all living things; aka the big boss for Z3-2").

Now it just feels like an after-thought and the excitement of GL is kind of lost, especially since it was hardly featured in this game. Looking forward to the eventual mobile game where they do all of Gurren Lagann in a single game with good pacing.

Still it is nice to do the final GL stuff (although growing everyone else to the same size is kind of lolz and it loses the feel of the scale a bit). Maybe by getting GL out of the way it'll give Z3-2 more freedom to be it's own thing so maybe getting it done here is good.

Also find it kind of hilarious how final form tenga toppa GL's sprite is obviously lower resolution (and pixelated) than the previous chou ginga GL sharp high-res sprite...because they want it to animate better. To be fair, I'd rather SRW HD games make sprites at PS2 resolution with pixelation if it means great animation vs. super sharp high-res 720p sprites with flash game stiff animation.

Oh and GL story thread ending means there's one spot free for Z3-2 so maybe we will get Star Driver as the super robot entry yay! /fingers crossed.

And as an aside, Gaogaigar Final would have really fit in Z3-1's endgame or even Z3-2; too bad it's been done so recent so they probably don't want to do it again.

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, finished it.

Was alright. Stage 57 is the best stage in all of the Z franchise and I'd almost say worth playing 60 hours of slow padded out Z3-1 for. 58 is pretty great too and 60 is pretty cool. The rest of the stages are just ok with some good ones spaced between a lot of mediocre maps. Animation and sprites and cut-ins and dynamic kills and playable unit count have budget issues.

Then there's weird stuff like how
this Eva 2.22 scene was really well done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfiaA8C0YA#t=813 the voice acting of TOMARE TOMARE TOMARE TOMARE TOMARE is so.freaking.good...yet in 2 of the 3 routes at that split this event never happens and 66% of the players never even see this, despite it being one of the better made moments in the game. Also I used this music for Eva 01's BGM for the rest of the game :)

Game is super easy in the endgame, which is cool as I'm fine with smashing through everything with no challenge and beating maps on turn 1/2.

Endgame:
Final Gurren Lagann was cool but DISLIKE how he's a battleship and can't be in a team and thus you don't multi-action. Makes him a bit underused since he only gets 1 attack per turn. No one on his team even has kakusei to give a 2nd turn booo.

Some nice GL story bits and animations. Enjoyed for sure.

But then 61 we're back to shitty sprite Chou Ginga GL :( Who again is a battleship and only gets 1 turn and he's ugly and lacking in moves. Why do I have a feeling we're going to be stuck with him for 75% of Z3-2 and then in the last 10-15 maps of endgame if we're lucky we'll get TTGL again. Would rather they just came up with an excuse to shrink him. I mean CGGL is still the size of a fucking moon so when he fights on earth it's not really going to make much sense already.

If they make use stuck with CGGL in Z3-2, I hope they at least give him another move or two or maybe bring back Arc GL? Arc GL sprite certainly looked cooler in Z2-2.

Anyhow as for the story, random thoughts:
-Was ok. Kind of weird how they stuck the Gadlight flashback destruction of his planet as DLC since it's actually story important to the plot. The only DLC that's a must play imo.

-Game didn't really answer a single plot point lol

-Still don't know Gadlight's motivations or what the whole thing was about where Anarotta had to get killed and end the bloodline of his people.

-Still don't know anything about Hibiki's past when he get the red eye. It's obvious that Gadlight wasn't the "tenshi" (he didn't even look like an angel, was kind of huh when Hibiki first said it was him. Guessing there will be a sphere holder in Z3-2 that actually has an angel-like mech.)

-Still don't know anything about Advent or if he was a sphere holder. He dies and says to Hibiki "I am your..." father? brother? Greatest enemy? Dunno.

-Not sure how the red eye kids in the hospital are going to play in.

-Still don't know about Carlos backstory.

-Still don't know Asakim's backstory.

-Still don't know about Stigma.

-Don't know anything really about the new enemy corporation. Guessing they're a group of sphere holders trying to recruit all the sphere holders (hence why they didn't kill Gadlight in his flashback DLC and let him join them)

-Don't know about Chrono and their cross-dimensional organization

-Don't know anything about DEM Corp and AG and Genion besides that they made Genion to steal Gadlight's Gemini sphere.

-Don't know about Hibiki's Boost power and weird sphere like powers he had even before getting the sphere.

-Don't know much or anything about the Gemini sphere and it's side effects.

-Don't know anything at all about EVIL VERSION SENSEI who apparently knows a lot about what's going on. Is Sensei split personality? I was assuming it was the side effect of Hibiki's sphere...but she started doing that before he got the real sphere.

-At the end of the game Sensei blurts out a random line like "oh yeah I'm not from this universe; all the people I care about are on my universe and I was teleported here 4 years ago. It's not a big deal, Noriko's the same." So we gotta find out her backstory along with Gadlight/Anarotta, Carlos, Hibiki.

-Uh, what's with the hinting at further SEED Destiny plot? That's...really weird. Unlike Mazinger it's not a series that I feel like Sunrise is going to let them just start making up stuff for and there's nothing left for its plot. It seems like an odd show to start talking about new developments. We'll see what happens. I guess it would be pretty cool if they did a Mazinkaiser in the SEED realm and made an original SEED Gundam upgrade and original SEED universe plotline lol Maybe they can use the script from the dead SEED movie project.

-The bosses hinted a lot about Godmars being plot important, so it seems like Godmars may have a plot-thread in Z3-2.

-The ending...that's just the dimensional wall breaking and earth in another dimension, right? They said that breaking the time prison pretty much made the wall between all dimensions really weak and unstable. Guessing Z3-2 they can freely travel between several dimensions and their earths.

-Like the creepy music for hell dude in the epilogue and his minions. Also their creepy voices. That's cool.

-I gotta say one sore point of Z3-1 is the big boss attack animations. If you're only going to give a major boss 1 or 2 attacks, you should make them look fucking awesome. The animations for the bosses were really lacking. Even the final anti-spiral boss for GL animations were really unimpressive looking, which sucks because he was the final boss! And Gadlight's final attack was whatever, and the epilogue boss just spits burp beam. Compared to Gaiou's final attack in Z2-1 with the chair or Yuusa's goddamn AMAZING Z2-2 attack with the all the knights lining up and the talking in foreign gibberish...yeah Z3-1's boss attack animations are pathetic.

-But then most of the animations for the cast are a lot weaker and less impressive than Z2, so it just seems to be the trend for this game. Definitely seems like a budget issue + HD towns are hard issue of doing decent animation/sprites at sharper higher resolution.

-Some units have weird pencil-esque faded coloring which makes no sense and just looks out of place. Quan[T] compared to the rich blue colors of 00 Raiser is a great example. Chou Ginga GL is another faded looking sprite.

-So if Advent actually had a sphere, we have 2 sphere holders left at this point for Z3-2. Sounds about right. A big boss and a mid-boss + dragon belch guy.

-In the next ep preview (which went by way too fast), are we supposed to recognize the "queen" from Crono with the red hair (otherwise why half show us how she looks?)

-Story-wise I'm not sure how they're going to work Diebuster in. Maybe it'll be occurring on the other earth? Because with the STMC still at large and Gunbuster fighting them it really doesn't work for the first few eps of Diebuster.

-Still think the new series are going to be Diebuster, E7 Ao, ZZ Gundam, 00 Movie Story, Votoms OAV, Eva 3.33, Unicorn 5-7, FMP Novels, original Mazinger plot and maybe Star Driver.

-I really hope Z3-2 opens with the next part of Eva 2.22, aka Shinji causing the 3rd impact and destroying most of the world. Would be a nice way to start a game with a bang! Eva Rebuild should be a lot more fun to play as next game since in this game all the attacks were real robot attacks and next game will be like HUMAN ARM EVA MAGIC PUNCH, BEAST MODE EVA02, SPEARS EVERYWHERE, 3RD IMPACT ATTACK. Looking forward to it.

-Ridhe is a bitch.

Bebpo

Banned
Actually I'm pretty sure I know exactly how Z3-2 is going to open:

It's going to start on that alternate dimension earth some time before the dimensional break in the Z3-1 ending occurs and it'll introduce the new series that are taking place on that earth (Diebuster, E7 Ao, Star Driver?) + re-introduce the Z1/Z2 cast that was missing in Z3-1 because they were on that dimension's earth. Then 15-30 maps in there will be a dimensional break and everyone from map61 of Z3-1 will show up and the plot will pick up from where Z3-1 ends.

The OG character for the first 20-30 maps is going to be Esther or one of the previous OG characters from Z1/Z2 whose been missing and is on that earth. Then it'll switch over to Hibiki.

I'll eat my hat if this isn't how they start Z3-2. Instead of picking up from map 61 where everyone is excited to see what happens next, they'll make everyone sit through 20+ hours of slowly paced, calm cast introductions because it's so modern SRW pacing and teasing. It's gotta be how the game starts structured. Then everyone meets up (like how in Z2-1 they just dump the old Z1 cast on you all at once) and there's some OG events and then the Z3-1 shows that were halfway start their next events in the early 30s maps.

Shouta

Now that you're done, easier to discuss stuff. I'm not going to spoiler it because you and are the only ones that can understand the story around here, lol. It'll be easier for folks to understand what went on too and lots of black boxes suck. lol

STORY SPOILERS AHEAD, DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE STORY ITSELF AND YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE IT

Anyhow as for the story, random thoughts:
-Was ok. Kind of weird how they stuck the Gadlight flashback destruction of his planet as DLC since it's actually story important to the plot. The only DLC that's a must play imo.

I didn't get that DLC myself but you can more or less figure out what happened based off his dialogue in the game and his actions toward the Z-BLUE crew. Smart writing to make it discern-able to folks that are paying attention but nice that the DLC spells it out.

-Game didn't really answer a single plot point lol

Kinda. It answers some and introduces new ones. It makes Gaioh's actions when he had his memory loss seem a little more interesting It answers specific things about the Spheres and plot points from previous games, like Mel. It explains a bit about Dimensional Energy itself. It gives light to what the Black History was and what it might fully be in the end. etc, etc It introduces the enemy beyond Baal and it links dimensions more readily to boot. =o

-Still don't know Gadlight's motivations or what the whole thing was about where Anarotta had to get killed and end the bloodline of his people.

This explained in the last few maps he was in. He was in a subsection of Sidereal and his job was to make sure that the Eternity Flat was to occur hence his meddling throughout the game. He held a grudge against the Earth because his planet suffered an attack from what I think is the coming villain in the next game. Apparently, Anarotta was the last of female of the Geminads and their bloodline is passed entirely from the mother when they have children. The reason why they were targeted? She had high level psychodriver abilities as was mentioned in the game. Cosidering Psychodrives are an OG concept and how much power they hold well...

-Still don't know anything about Hibiki's past when he get the red eye. It's obvious that Gadlight wasn't the "tenshi" (he didn't even look like an angel, was kind of huh when Hibiki first said it was him. Guessing there will be a sphere holder in Z3-2 that actually has an angel-like mech.)

They haven't explained the red eye but they explained Hibiki's overall past. It'll be interesting to see where it leads but I assume it's probably related to the folks that are coming to wipe out the Earth that were mentioned in the preview.

-Still don't know anything about Advent or if he was a sphere holder. He dies and says to Hibiki "I am your..." father? brother? Greatest enemy? Dunno.

This will be interesting. It's only hinted at in the game but I'm wondering if Gadlight's thoughts about him being a Sphere Reactor was true or not. He's definitely someone from another dimension apparently but maybe so is Hibiki?

-Not sure how the red eye kids in the hospital are going to play in.

The nurse will definitely play in. If you carefully look at some of the art work for the enemy OG grunts in the last few scenes, you can spot someone with the same skin and hair color as I recall.

-Still don't know about Carlos backstory.

Probably doesn't matter much other than being a rich boy, lol. Maybe next game.

-Still don't know Asakim's backstory.

This will probably be covered in the next game but we do know the general outline thanks to the previous ones.

-Don't know anything really about the new enemy corporation. Guessing they're a group of sphere holders trying to recruit all the sphere holders (hence why they didn't kill Gadlight in his flashback DLC and let him join them)

Sidereal? They were introduced in this game but mentioned in Z2 but Iam Liared. It's very likely these guys were the ones that he mentioned would be coming with the Spiral Nemesis. It's also very likely a Sphere centered organization considering that the guy from the Epilogue was the one that Hibiki reacted too and he said that Hibiki was not ready for them to come for him.

-Don't know about Chrono and their cross-dimensional organization

It's very likely that Chrono is either A) A sub organization of Sidereal or B) an organization aware of Sidereal and is causign conflicts in the Earth spheres to prevent them coming to the planet. I think B is the more likely answer and it would explain why there's a Revolutionist faction, which seemed to include Elgan Rodrick and Aeoria from OO, and a Conservative faction. The conservative action was apparently responsible for the assassinations of Zeon Deikun and Heero Yuy as pointed out in the game.

-Don't know anything about DEM Corp and AG and Genion besides that they made Genion to steal Gadlight's Gemini sphere.

This one I have no clue on, currently. Probably a group meant to combat Sidereal though considering the Genion

-Don't know about Hibiki's Boost power and weird sphere like powers he had even before getting the sphere.

It's likely related to encountering the "Angel" in the story, at least currently. But I suspect that it's because he was already a candidate for the Sphere Reactor and had access to some of its powers despite not holding the full sphere itself. If you notice in the game, the Genion's first form was actually a downgraded version of what it originally was supposed to look like, an inversion of the usual power up trope and the closer he got to becoming the sphere reactor the longer it was able to hold that form until the Genion finally could permanently be in GAI Mode after activating it. Having those kinds of powers before being a Sphere Reactor being a result of another source is probably unlikely so I assume that it's because he was the other half of the twins.

-Don't know much or anything about the Gemini sphere and it's side effects.

Quite a bit of it is explained in the story though some of the details need to be gleaned from the Zodiac stuff.

Basically, the Quarreling Twins activation condition is the conflicting/contradicting emotions within in the person. For Gadlight it was his resignation and anger/powerlessness to fight for his home planet, I think. For Hibiki, it was initially his fear and anger towards the Angel but that changed later to his will to Accept Destiny or to Fight against it. The 3rd stage ability it has is to reverse the emotions of people that were targeted and is used throughout the story to affect the events behind the scenes. As for its side effects on Hibiki, I don't think they touched upon it.

-Don't know anything at all about EVIL VERSION SENSEI who apparently knows a lot about what's going on. Is Sensei split personality? I was assuming it was the side effect of Hibiki's sphere...but she started doing that before he got the real sphere.

That'll be the big question for Z3-2.

-At the end of the game Sensei blurts out a random line like "oh yeah I'm not from this universe; all the people I care about are on my universe and I was teleported here 4 years ago. It's not a big deal, Noriko's the same." So we gotta find out her backstory along with Gadlight/Anarotta, Carlos, Hibiki.

-Uh, what's with the hinting at further SEED Destiny plot? That's...really weird. Unlike Mazinger it's not a series that I feel like Sunrise is going to let them just start making up stuff for and there's nothing left for its plot. It seems like an odd show to start talking about new developments. We'll see what happens. I guess it would be pretty cool if they did a Mazinkaiser in the SEED realm and made an original SEED Gundam upgrade and original SEED universe plotline lol Maybe they can use the script from the dead SEED movie project.

Probably just some unique plot for them since they've been around for so long like Mazinger.

-The ending...that's just the dimensional wall breaking and earth in another dimension, right? They said that breaking the time prison pretty much made the wall between all dimensions really weak and unstable. Guessing Z3-2 they can freely travel between several dimensions and their earths.

It's very likely the other Earth where the rest of the Z crew is. Or at least where the new series will be. The quake at the beginning of the game combined the UCW and ADW worlds but left others out so they needed another place to go. Logically, there shouldn't be there because of the that fusion. This is where Aquarion Evol fits into the plot line. Their world was created as a result of the quake at the beginning of the game through the events of their series. Their entire theme is about two planets Vega and Altair and additionally the Book of Two Stars is a large element, at least according to the game (haven't watched the show yet). lol

-So if Advent actually had a sphere, we have 2 sphere holders left at this point for Z3-2. Sounds about right. A big boss and a mid-boss + dragon belch guy.

Not confirmed but it's likely considering the counts unless it's a 3rd villain, lol.

-Story-wise I'm not sure how they're going to work Diebuster in. Maybe it'll be occurring on the other earth? Because with the STMC still at large and Gunbuster fighting them it really doesn't work for the first few eps of Diebuster.

Gunbuster is post-series in its universe. Diebuster will probably be from the Green Planet and where Gunbuster's universe combined with that one if they intend on including it. Evol's time difference on their planet helps this out too, I think. lol

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah Gadlight DLC (2nd to last one; think it's called "Last Day" or something) goes something like this (from memory):

Gadlight, Anarotta and their squad escaping the city on planet Geminiad or whatever it's called.

Gadlight: Shit, shit, what the hell!!? They just came out of nowhere and killed everyone!!

[Talks about how suddenly an enemy force appeared across the planet instantly and destroyed the entire planet]

[Bunch of Sidereal enemies show up]

Anarotta: ;_; we're fucked ;_;

Gadlight & Squad: Even if we've lost everything we can't give up. We're the last survivors of our civilization.

[Gadlight/Anarotta/Squad fight and beat the Sidereal enemies]

Gadlight: Argh, we have to keep going!

[Shikuu appears in his sphere dragon bone mech with hundreds of grunts surrounding Gadlight & Co]

Anarotta: We're fucked

Shikuu: [don't remember what he said, but think it was something like "Sphere reactor, we've come for you".

/DLC stage ends.

So I'm guessing the plot is that Gadlight's planet (maybe an alternate dimension Earth?) was becoming too advanced, so Shikuu decide to take it out before it becomes a nuisance later on; they show up over night and kill everyone.

But then they become aware of Gadlight's Gemini sphere and since Sidereal is recruiting Sphere Reactors, they offer to recruit him and Gadlight does it on the condition that they spare Anarotta and his remaining squad if they work for Sidereal. Sidereal agrees.

Sidereal then sees Earth and decides it's another planet that's evolving too quickly and they make the decision to wipe out the Earth. However, Sidereal wants to put Earth in a time prison if they can instead of destroying it, probably because it's the planet that harnesses the power of Origin Law. Galdight is put in charge of the time prison stopping the advancement of the planet's evolution. Gadlight, though becomes jealous that Earth gets a time prison option and his planet was simply destroyed. So he turns Federation vs. Neo Zeon in an attempt to start a war and wipe out humanity before the time prison can happen.

However, Char outsmarts him and breaks the time barrier and Gadlight gets frustrated and goes berserk and just tries to kill them all and dies in the process. Sidereal then has no reason to keep the Geminaid & Anarotta alive since they were just doing it to keep Gadlight and his sphere in their army. So they kill them all and execute Anarotta and her unborn child.

Then they turn to attack earth, but notice that Hibiki now has Gadlight's sphere and back off for a moment. Z3-1 ends.

The only part that doesn't fit with that and doesn't make sense is why Shikuu told Gadlight he was there to execute Anarotta. Actually I think it was because he realized she was pregnant and was worried about her continuing the Geminaid race, which Sidereal was not willing to allow to happen.

CorvoSol

Alright, finished it.

Was alright. Stage 57 is the best stage in all of the Z franchise and I'd almost say worth playing 60 hours of slow padded out Z3-1 for. 58 is pretty great too and 60 is pretty cool. The rest of the stages are just ok with some good ones spaced between a lot of mediocre maps. Animation and sprites and cut-ins and dynamic kills and playable unit count have budget issues.

Is Stage 57 the one where you
fight the Antispiral life form?
Because that was my favorite stage in the game. I did feel that
Preventing the fall of Axis was also a good 2 stages because I was reminded of those stages in J where you have to protect the Plants from getting nuked and the frantic feeling of rushing across a stage was great. Other than that I guess I enjoyed the Second Raid finale map most in this game.

Bebpo

Banned
Is Stage 57 the one where you
fight the Antispiral life form?
Because that was my favorite stage in the game. I did feel that
Preventing the fall of Axis was also a good 2 stages because I was reminded of those stages in J where you have to protect the Plants from getting nuked and the frantic feeling of rushing across a stage was great. Other than that I guess I enjoyed the Second Raid finale map most in this game.

57 - Amuro takes out Char who runs away, then Full Frontal comes in as the psychopath evil villian and then Char kicks the shit out of him saying "fuck CCA" and telling everyone his whole CCA role was a rouse to fool Full Frontal and that's he's still the badass Quatra Vagina we all know and love. Then he takes out Full Frontal with the Z-crew and everyone (including Gyunei) teams up to stop Axis from falling using the thoughts and willpower of all the people on earth brought together through the Quan[T] system and then shot into space with the amplification of the Z2-2 ZONE. Then using that power Char goes NEWTYPE connection with Full Frontal and overpowers his conscious forcing Full Frontal to work with Char and the falling Axis to re-write restore the broken dimensions and break the time prison. And all that is done in the span of a few minutes with Beyond the Time playing and awesome descriptions of the units working together like Banager's Unicorn grabbing onto Aquarion's fist as Aquarion does an infinite punch to launch him into Axis.

58 - OG map, Hibiki vs. Gadlight with Advent death.

59 - Anti-spiral grunt wave.

60 - Vs. Anti-spiral, Tengen Toppa GL.

61 - Vs. Shikuu and Sidereal

Bebpo

Banned
Zengar, earlier in this thread mentioned that there's only two gattai attacks in this game. There's the Gurren Lagann spear kids teaming up one, but...what's the other one? Can't remember any other combination attacks...

The reason why they were targeted? She had high level psychodriver abilities as was mentioned in the game. Cosidering Psychodrives are an OG concept and how much power they hold well...

Yes but even the Anti-Spiral was a psycho driver. Which is putting the whole thing on a collision course with Alpha and psycho drivers everywhere when they already have literal magic in the form of Spheres.

Shouta

The only part that doesn't fit with that and doesn't make sense is why Shikuu told Gadlight he was there to execute Anarotta. Actually I think it was because he realized she was pregnant and was worried about her continuing the Geminaid race, which Sidereal was not willing to allow to happen.

He told him because he wanted to light a fire under his ass to deal with the Earth, I think.

WAAAAAIT... I just realized something. Maki, the nurse from the hospital... she has the same hair color as Anarotta, doesn't she? Maybe why she's important is because she's Anarotta's kid from another universe and has super-charged Psychodriver abilities!?

Nah.

Zengar, earlier in this thread mentioned that there's only two gattai attacks in this game. There's the Gurren Lagann spear kids teaming up one, but...what's the other one? Can't remember any other combination attacks...

Dynamite Explosion with Basara and Gamlin

Yes but even the Anti-Spiral was a psycho driver. Which is putting the whole thing on a collision course with Alpha and psycho drivers everywhere when they already have literal magic in the form of Spheres.

Yeah. Although, Psychodrivers aren't nearly as OP in the game universe as Sphere Reactors, lol. At least, without a specialized device anyway.

WAAAAAIT... I just realized something. Maki, the nurse from the hospital... she has the same hair color as Anarotta, doesn't she? Maybe why she's important is because she's Anarotta's kid from another universe and has super-charged Psychodriver abilities!?
Nah, she has the same hair color as Suzune. Almost.

Oh and here is the portrait from the preview for Bebpo, its a SRW Z character.

Yeah. Although, Psychodrivers aren't nearly as OP in the game universe as Sphere Reactors, lol. At least, without a specialized device anyway.

Sure but Banperios can just kick through dimensions, or cut through them, kicking is cooler. That thing was pretty magical without a sphere reactor.

Shouta

Nah, she has the same hair color as Suzune. Almost.

Oh and here is the portrait from the preview for Bebpo, its a SRW Z character.

Sure but Banperios can just kick through dimensions, or cut through them, kicking is cooler. That thing was pretty magical without a sphere reactor.

Nooo, my predictions already ruined.

Banpreios cuts through dimensions in the same universe! He needs to be crossing universes to even get near the super magical power of the sphere reactors. I'm Liared retconned his own death using the Black Sheep Sphere, lol.

Beckx

Loving all the story info & speculation guys. Most of the original story was lost on me so this is all eye-opening.

Shouta

Don't really get how an unimportant character who seemingly died in Z1 and everyone assumed had her sphere stolen by Asakim, only a short time later now is one of the heads of Chrono, a multi-dimensional organization that's been around since the beginning of time.

But I guess they'll explain it.

She was a villain and one of the few that could join you, lol. So she's not unimportant in Z1. Plus, she interacted with Asakim a lot.

Bebpo

Banned
She was a villain and one of the few that could join you, lol. So she's not unimportant in Z1. Plus, she interacted with Asakim a lot.

I meant unimportant in the scheme of the world. She was just a soldier or something and QUEEN is one of the two leaders of a multi-dimensional major group. Just seems odd for her to suddenly be in a position of high power.

Could be because of her sphere, but everyone had just assumed Asakim killed her and stole it. If she still has hers and Asakim has another unknown sphere from prior to Z1 (wouldn't be too strange to think that he started with one like all the other cast), then there's only 1 sphere left to reveal (if Advent was a sphere holder and didn't really die) aka the final boss in Z3-2.

Shouta

I meant unimportant in the scheme of the world. She was just a soldier or something and QUEEN is one of the two leaders of a multi-dimensional major group. Just seems odd for her to suddenly be in a position of high power.

Could be because of her sphere, but everyone had just assumed Asakim killed her and stole it. If she still has hers and Asakim has another unknown sphere from prior to Z1 (wouldn't be too strange to think that he started with one like all the other cast), then there's only 1 sphere left to reveal (if Advent was a sphere holder and didn't really die) aka the final boss in Z3-2.

Unless she never had a sphere herself.

Alternatively, it's her ghost that's awakening Asakim in the preview and the Queen is a clone? D=

killatopak

Gold Member
Sorry for the bump. Just bought the game a week ago and I have a question.

So I've been playing SRW Z3 lately with a bunch of ffx in between.

In srw I got to stage 21 where there's like a bazillion serpents in the north where Angelo and Gyunei with some goons are below. As if that wasn't enough all my mechs got reduced hp because of story reasons.

- is it worth it to do the secret where you kill 10 serpents with hilde and noin?

I just don't think I can do it easily while going for the sr point at the same time.

Quoting myself from the psn thread. Also gonna ask how you guys did it.

Shouta

you don't have to if you don't want the Serpent unit. i don't think I used it myself. As I recall, I just switched Noin and Hilde into one of the Gundams to do it instead of leaving them in their Taurus.

killatopak

Gold Member
Thanks for the answers guys. I got through that stage by spamming WZC's map attacks. Got the Serpent too. I'm at stage 33 right now with those grunts that have lots of HP.

A question: Do you need the 2 Space Gunmarl to be on the same squad to perform their combination attack? I've been using them as a team but I find that using a normal attack with the other's support attack does more damage than using a single combination attack.

I like pairing up mechs according to the show and I've been trudging along just fine doing it even with their inefficiencies but I can't help feel a little irritated when the combination attack does less damage than I imagine. Gunmarls are OP though and I like that. More often, they even do more damage than my main units with upgrades. :)

For combination attack the units can be in the squares next to each other for it to be usable. I don't remember if they have to be the lead/active unit or not.

As for why the Gunmarl are OP? They have the 2L size modifier that increases their damage by a lot compared to most other units.

Bebpo

Banned
I got through the first 25 stages back in April and shelved the game. Need to get back into it.

Doesn't even start getting good until 28! :p

I started playing Dark Prison and new game+ Z3-1 lately to hold me until next year's big srw. Been itching for that srw lately, but no interest in MK2-F.

killatopak

Gold Member
So any recommendations on who to ace?

I've got Heero and the MC to ace already with Tetsujin coming up 3rd.

So far, I'm opting to ace Peacecraft and get the global movement boost and stick him with WZC afterwards.

No idea on who to ace next.

killatopak

Gold Member
Can I ask what's the winning condition on stage 53 accept destiny route?

There's three boss guys who came from the black hole thing and I don't know if I need to kill them all in the same turn or just kill them off one by one.

Edit: I read some things and it would seem that I need to kill them on the same turn. Would also love some tips on how to deal with them. My units have been dying because of his OP map attack. 3 of them attacking the same time kills some of my units.

You pretty much have to do a setup to kill a boss like that. Lower the HP of the three separate bosses until you know you can kill all of them in a single turn. Obviously watch out for their special abilities like HP regen which will make it harder to set that up over multiple turns.

The easiest and safest way to deal with a map attack from a boss is to make sure they never get to use it in the first place by keeping their moral/will low enough that they can't use it. That or kill them before their turn starts. The other option is to just stack your defensive abilities high enough that your units can survive it by: using Alert/Invincible/Focus, confuse (&#12363;&#12367;&#20081;), stacking your units in the command area, using defensive tactics.

killatopak

Gold Member
Finally finished the game a few days ago. Now working on the 2nd playthrough.

What immediately strikes me weird on the 2nd time around was how the PP was also reduced just like the money was. Around 50% I think.

killatopak

Gold Member
So at stage 17 refuse route I have trouble dealing with the SR point.

How exactly can I shoot down Akagi when he has 50% upgrade and Sousuke can't hit him?

There is really only two things you can do when you have trouble hitting something. Uprgrade aim, srw Z made things so much easier with this, or stack buffs and damage.

You can use "Strike/Sure Hit &#24517;&#20013;" which buffs the unit you are using with a 100% hit rate until your next turn. The other is "Attune/Inspiration &#24863;&#24540;" which lets you buff another unit with the same thing.

Leadership aura also provides hit and evasion buffs. I think one of the tactics commands might also buff the ability to hit things.

Besides that you can stack damage by again surrounding the enemy, debuffing them, using assist attacks as much as you can.

killatopak

Gold Member
There is really only two things you can do when you have trouble hitting something. Uprgrade aim, srw Z made things so much easier with this, or stack buffs and damage.

You can use "Strike/Sure Hit &#24517;&#20013;" which buffs the unit you are using with a 100% hit rate until your next turn. The other is "Attune/Inspiration &#24863;&#24540;" which lets you buff another unit with the same thing.

Leadership aura also provides hit and evasion buffs. I think one of the tactics commands might also buff the ability to hit things.

Besides that you can stack damage by again surrounding the enemy, debuffing them, using assist attacks as much as you can.

I kind of already knew that. Somebody told me the reason why I was having a hard time on that stage. The SR point was destroy 5 mechs then destroy Akagi. The problem was I thought you have to let the Akagi in the Daiguard get destroyed. Turns out there was another Akagi on the map as an enemy and not my Akagi. Got confused since I never watched the show.

I was really trying hard on that stage but it was really difficult letting Daiguard get destroyed since he had 5 upgrades on everything and has prevail to boot. I had to redo a previous mission and choose the other route and I already finished stage 18 by the time Perorist told me what I was doing wrong on stage 17 Refuse route.

BTW I did finish that stage since I was completing the route map.

Top Bottom