• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
Macklemore will win all the rap awards and will be considered the first "rap"/"hip hop" album to win AOTY while Lorde will be praised and rewarded for being racist. x

ki @ my prediction turning out right. Of course Wankermore and Borede appeal to geriatric white men.

Protag

Banned
Daft Punk is like the Marvel film studio of the music world: they make for a fun experience, but if you're looking for depth, than you'll be left wanting.

Wat

Listen to touch, and how much that track has depth

Matter of fact, go listen to discovery if you havent and rethink that.

Ataraxia

The reason why they are hyped for this kind of stuff is exactly because they don't do it often. This is their 2nd grammy performance. But there's a cult following because they make good music, have good marketing and a cool image (who doesn't like robots). Alive 2007 is what really boosted their popularity (in the US) also, Kanye sampling them. A lot of electro bands copied what they did in their tour. Their tour was bonkers.

I like their music. I always have. But their TV performances - as rare as they are - are nothing special, in my opinion.

tumblr_n01gwqadHT1rgejjmo1_250.gif

injurai

Banned
Why is James Blake under best new artists? Do artists just not exist until the musically devoid Grammy members pick up on them?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Can't hear a word he is saying, but its okay, because the piano is ramped up to 150%

IceCold

I like their music. I always have. But their TV performances - as rare as they are - are nothing special, in my opinion.

I disagree. I mean they only have two tv performances, this and the one with Kanye. I liked this one because I love Nile and Stevie Wonder and hearing a mash up of Daft Punk with their music? Fuck yeah. Kanye's performance was fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom