• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

I'll never understand the cult following of Daft Punk. They're good, but also incredibly hyped (in my opinion) considering how rare they perform on television. Pharrell and Stevie carried the performance. The best part was the sea of old people in the audience awkwardly dancing to the song.

mj-laughing.gif

IceCold

I'll never understand the cult following of Daft Punk. They're good, but also incredibly hyped (in my opinion) considering how rare they perform on television. Pharrell and Stevie carried the performance. The best part was the sea of old people in the audience awkwardly dancing to the song.

The reason why they are hyped for this kind of stuff is exactly because they don't do it often. This is their 2nd grammy performance. But there's a cult following because they make good music, have good marketing and a cool image (who doesn't like robots). Alive 2007 is what really boosted their popularity (in the US) also, Kanye sampling them. A lot of electro bands copied what they did in their tour. Their tour was bonkers.

solomon

Thank GOD macklemore didn't win, I'ma say it he is a great lyricist but OMG is he corny. Macklemore's pop audience will forget him once the next "main stream ok" rapper come's out. #factsonly

Daft Punk is like the Marvel film studio of the music world: they make for a fun experience, but if you're looking for depth, than you'll be left wanting.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Thank GOD macklemore didn't win, I'ma say it he is a great lyricist but OMG is he corny. Macklemore's pop audience will forget him once the next "main stream ok" rapper come's out. #factsonly
well there's still record of the year and album of the year, luckily he's not nominated for roty

#Truthfacts

Like after this, he's going to be a wash. Like corny for real. I get that rap doesn't always have to be about certain things but he is just too much for me. He's a family name now...career is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom