• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 87th Academy Awards |OT| The One That Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Budapest Hotel better win best picture.

and if it doesn't win YOU'RE ALL FUCKING INANIMATE OBJECTS

I really enjoyed Grand Budapest. The problem with Grand Budapest is that it came out earlier last year. It's probably not on voter's minds like the more recent films that came out specifically to get Oscar Nominations.

samn

Do people ever enjoy live performances interrupting their TV viewing?

Are they just put in there for filler?

Gorillaz

Good thing Korra wrapped up before this.

And Marvel/Feige probably started sweating the moment JK won the award.

Marvel: "hey JK, for old time sake you should play your old role from spidey....same cost as back then too....right I mean it's just for old time sake
RQzIn.png
"

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have less interest in seeing Begin Again now.

Magnus

That was a brutal first 20 minutes. Least I've ever enjoyed the Oscar opening.

The jokes, the nominees, even that sad first entry for 'best song'….I don't know. Really not for me this year, I guess.

The Youtube comments-level stupidity spewed by the anonymous ballot holders quoted in the 'Brutally Honest Oscar Voters' article from that Hollywood Reporter online article was embarrassing and the final straw for the awards' non-credibility, just watching for the spectacle from here on out.

Hey I wonder if one of those "****ing Chinese things" doesn't win best animated fillmore/short?! (actual anonymous Oscar voter quote from the aforementioned Hollywood Reporter article, the Selma quotes were even worse).

But yeah, that Melanie Griffith, Dakota Johnson interview was a perfect storm of painfully awkward. A) the ABC interviewer was an idiot for asking Grifitth if she'd seen 50 Shades. B) Griffith seemed to be going out of her say to say no I haven't seen my daughter's nasty movie nor do I ever want to and the finale C) Johnon getting really pissy and saying something like "OK MOM! You don't have to see the movie!!" LOL Could this girl's first ever career red carpet appearance have been a bigger disaster?

His prevalence in media has reached near-ridiculous levels at this point

The defining moment for me when I knew I hated Michael Strahan was last year when he was on Lettteman and Dave asked him for his opinion on the concussion/CTE issue an increasing number of retired players are succumbing to and Strahan's brilliant, nuanced response? Strahan shrugged a few times and said "Ehhh, I dunno!" Guy is a ubiquitous, vapid moron who's only goal at this point is apparently to become one of the biggest post-NFL career schills in the business.

RangersFan

It is. So clever and funny. For those who might not be fans of "artsy" movies, this is the movie worth seeing.

I don't even consider it an "artsy" flick, which is why it's probably my favorite Wes Anderson movie. It has all the beautiful art style, w/ little of the pretension of his movies, and probably the best story out of all his films. Just a damn good enjoyable flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom