• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 87th Academy Awards |OT| The One That Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
I have less interest in seeing Begin Again now.

The song he just sang is one of two renditions depicted in the movie. His rendition in the movie is the corrupted one, his character is a douche that ruins the song.

You might actually like the movie.

samn

The amount of fawning over the armed forces I've heard tonight has me praying American Sniper won't win.

Do people ever enjoy live performances interrupting their TV viewing?

Are they just put in there for filler?

Gotta stretch it out into several hours somehow. It's like the American Idol results show. You spend an hour waiting for something that can be accomplished in 10 seconds.

JABEE

I wanna hear a live performance of Everything is Awesome.
For some reason the Lego Movie wasn't even nominated in the Animated Category? It's going to be a repeat the bow and arrow movie winning it. I forget what it's called. One of Pixar's worst films.

AdanVC

When we're gonna get an award show of Oscar-type caliber but for videogames?? The Game Awards show last year was good though.

Zodzilla

The hate against that movie... award season is truly toxic
I agree. The film is great, people that only saw the film as a gimmick, seem to think that's the only thing going on in it.

Sure, it didn't have dying people or people shouting intensely at each other, but as a coming of age film, it's second to none.

bgbball31

I wasn't a big fan of Moonrise Kingdom, so I went into The Grand Budapest Hotel with a bit of trepidation. I ended up loving it though. Just the right amount of quirk.

However, it shouldn't win best picture because, as someone said earlier, Whiplash exists... not that Whiplash will win, but IMO it is the much better movie.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The movie is actually great, dont let the song turn you off.

He ruins the song in the movie. Like that's part of the plot. And he just sang it the exact same way as in the movie.

The song he just sang is one of two renditions depicted in the movie. His rendition in the movie is the corrupted one, his character is a douche that ruins the song.

You might actually like the movie.
I wasn't being entirely serious. I'll still see it at some point. :)

Dr.Acula

Banned
No joke that Griffith/Johnson interview was the best thing ever. Have you seen interviews with her and her costar? Just as rough.

The tension on the red carpet between her and her mom was palpable.

For some reason the Lego Movie wasn't even nominated in the Animated Category? It's going to be a repeat the bow and arrow movie winning it. I forget what it's called. One of Pixar's worst films.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 would be a worthy winner if it does win.

leadbelly

Banned
Hip Hop whenever the ads come on? Why not I guess.

I'm not really up with my Hip Hop, but sounds like Raekwon and GhostFace Killah?

JABEE

I agree. The film is great, people that only saw the film as a gimmick, seem to think that's the only thing going on in it.

Sure, it didn't have dying people or people shouting intensely at each other, but as a coming of age film, it's second to none.
I think television shows and movies have been done better. It was an average film propped up by the concept and risk.

Gorillaz

They got lucky last year with Ellen hosting it. Or maybe it was the producer because it didn't hit as many awkward bumps this far in as they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom