• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 87th Academy Awards |OT| The One That Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedNindo

I thought it was pretty well known that Gaga could sing. She's one of the handful of popstars that can do a great live performance.

MIMIC

Banned
RIGHT NOW: "The Grand Budapest Hotel" wins for Original Score

WINNERS
Whiplash (Supporting Actor, Sound Mixing, Film Editing)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Costume Design, Makeup & Hairstyling, Production Design, Original Score)
Ida (Foreign Language Film)
The Phone Call (Live-Action Short Film)
Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 (Documentary - Short Subject)
American Sniper (Sound Editing)
Boyhood (Supporting Actress)
Interstellar (Visual Effects)
Feast (Animated Short Film)
Big Hero 6 (Animated Film)
Birdman (Cinematography)
CitizenFour (Documentary - Feature)
Selma (Original Song)

Actors & Actresses
J.K. Simmons (Supporting Actor - WHIPLASH)
Patricia Arquette (Supporting Actress - BOYHOOD)

OSCAR COUNT
The Grand Budapest Hotel: 4
Whiplash: 3

Ninjimbo

%100 Not. Check out her stuff on yt from before she was famous
I know Gaga's skill. I don't hate on her. I'm just asking because for a minute there it seemed like she was lip synching and I know the Academy isn't above doing whatever takes to put on a good show. Can't help but be a little suspicious...

I don't have any questions anymore though. She messed up on the last note so that was legit. Good on Gaga.

Hey, the guy had a 2-1 shot. Good composer though, hopefully he sticks to his indy stuff and doesn't go the blockbuster route, his stuff isn't made for it.

AdanVC

Everybody's like "Lol, you newbs didn't know Gaga can sing?" How the hell was I supposed to know? Every song anybody ever plays by her is just her talking about riding dicks or fucking phones or some shit.

Exactly! And it's sad that everytime I heard "Lady Gaga" I immedietly think of those topics. Today I just discovered she is a really, really talented singer. Damn :O

B-eZQ0cIYAANvT7.png:large

such quality

Will somebody please tell me if this is real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom