• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Mad max wasn't even good

HrKevrZ.gif

Look, I agree that Deakins is owed big time for all the top tier work he's put in, but the Lubezki absolutely killed it with the Revenant. Give Deakins some retroactive rewards or toss him a statue in the future- I'm sure he'll get plenty more shots.

Deakins's cinematography isn't as flashy as Lubezki's but it helped tell the story much better. I'm not mad since Revenant is fuckin gorgeous, but Deakin's deserved it more even irrespective of all the Oscars he should have gotten every other year. (And Seale deserved it more than Deakins)

The mood is really starting to feel like Miller can win BD. Winning film editing is very impressive, and if Max can win visual effects, I'd say it'd be a shock if Inarritu beat him.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Who the fk cares about Birdman and Lady Gaga singing now?

UberTag

The mood is really starting to feel like Miller can win BD. Winning film editing is very impressive, and if Max can win visual effects, I'd say it'd be a shock if Inarritu beat him.
I'm not getting my hopes up. Max hasn't won anything that it wasn't a lock for heading into tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom