• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
You know, Casey, we really are the rest of us

ezekial45

Banned
tumblr_ocoituaw1v1ubn6jto1_500.gif

So was Shannon and Patel. None of them were in most of the movie

Yeah, I'm just saying I didn't feel that was his best performance, in comparison to the work the others did. Glad he got his Oscar though.

Naomie Harris needs to win for Best Supporting.

Lima

The lead/supporting distinction is somewhat arbitrary. Anthony Hopkins has a lead actor Oscar for a role that was barely 20 minutes of screen time.

This.

Studios put people in categories they think they have higher chances of winning. Weinstein felt Patel had better chances at supporting. And then you end up with Viola in supporting when she is clearly lead in the movie.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Kind of surprised he won in that film. I mean I guess he was okay, but I wouldn't really say it was an oustanding role.

duckroll

Yeah, I'm just saying I didn't feel that was his best performance, in comparison to the work the others did. Glad he got his Oscar though.

Naomie Harris needs to win for Best Supporting.

He's been more prolific in the past year or two I feel, so a win is pretty much an acknowledgement of his mindshare among his peers. As if the Oscars are good for anything else really! :p

Speevy

Banned
Mahershayla Ali's performance is probably one of the most true-to-life performances I've seen recently. Not in the sense of the drug dealing, but just his personality. I've met guys like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom