• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
ITT: people acting like they give a shit about the sanctity of makeup and hair Oscars all of a sudden

C'mon Scoot, you gotta admit that came from left field

I wouldn't be surprised voters felt which movie was in mainstream dialogue and voted for it

Aren't there stories of Academy voters picking men vies their kids or hell letting others pick stuff for them

Wowowow

How can lala recover from this devastating finishing blow
db32f261a13b0c3eae1e42f5c1fbe96a.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That was the first Oscar for a Harry Potter movie? Surprising.

Nameless

I'll accept Isabelle Huppert for best actress, but a whoever wins really should ship the award to Min-hee Kim for the sake of justice. Best performance of the year.

Also Mahershala better get his.

Ithil

I'll accept Isabelle Huppert for best actress, but a whoever wins really should ship the award to Min-hee Kim for the sake of justice. Best performance of the year.

Also Mahershala better get his.

I have good news from the future
he won

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thank goodness La La Land didn't win best costumes. I mean shit they're wearing regular present day clothes! The academy has such a hard on for this movie.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have great costuming. The art department and production design on La La Land is tremendous, and the wardrobing is very much part of that. That said, it was always unlikely to actually win for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom