• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Don't know if people still read this, but is this a true rogue-like where nothing gets carried over to a new game, or is it more like rogue legacy where your character will become better for each playthrough?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't know if people still read this, but is this a true rogue-like where nothing gets carried over to a new game, or is it more like rogue legacy where your character will become better for each playthrough?
True roguelike where nothing gets carried over.

New item possibilities are unlocked with each play through which means they are added to the random pool of items that can drop as you progress in a given game. Difficulty increases. Also you unlock new characters with special powers, but each still has a strength or weakness that keeps the power in check. Some are even a handicap that adds more difficulty to the game.

So overall it is a true rogue-like where each new game has the element of luck that can either be your friend or foe. Only your skill and knowledge of enemies and items can really mitigate the challenge of the game.

Man Isaac's so fun (when you do well). And then it's so annoying (when you do poorly). Going from a Basement 2 death as Samson to a Chest victory with Isaac is so nice. The combination of Sacred Heart + The Mark + The Pact + Big Mushroom + Small Rock + max tears and range + Spider Bite + Quad Shot is pretty sexy.

Beast Combo in Caves 2, holy ****

w9c49jD.png

Instant kill on almost all early bosses

God I love this game...

Edit: Done

That must have been the fastest and most pathetically easy run of Sheol I've done in all of the 219 hours I've played this game. Wrecked Satan in 5 hits. I wanted to go to the Chest but Tick + no double Trinket item = no Polaroid.

ULJMk9f.png

Top Bottom