• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it won't get the headlines because of everything that's going on. That and most don't believe it'll happen. Wasn't there a push to remove coverage for trans soldiers that got shot down recently? Seems like a barrage of this is happening and it's just grandstanding for the Bible belt vote.

Do you know if any organizations have reached out about this not being reported on? Not saying they should have to.

No idea.

Sound alike you've had a great summer. Beware the spiders in Aussieland. Thailand should be a lot of fun. Are you gonna go parasailing or paragliding?

Shit, it ain't just the spiders homie, its the big ass lizards on your door step, and that unsuspecting plant that might kill you. I already been bit by a brown recluse that blew my hand up into the size of an oven mitten and put me in a hospital for a few days. But I'm down there cause its where my in-laws live. Gonna do some sub/scuba diving with them, then sailboat racing. I might toss in some parasailing tho.

akira28

gawker would cover it.

or Fusion, whatever they're calling themselves these days. Its right up their alley with social news with a slight social justice focus.

Shit, it ain't just the spiders homie, its the big ass lizards on your door step, and that unsuspecting plant that might kill you. I already been bit by a brown recluse that blew my hand up into the size of an oven mitten and put me in a hospital for a few days. But I'm down there cause its where my in-laws live. Gonna do some sub/scuba diving with them, then sailboat racing. I might toss in some parasailing tho.

One was on my leg once and I slapped that thing across the room.

I want to go to Australia in the next year or 2. I'll look out for that plant. Lizards don't bother me until they start doing too damn much

whats everyones opinion on Doctor Strange? 1/2 way through the film and like it so far, didnt know Mads Mikkelson was in this!

I liked it a lot

Faustek

So Boyega pointing out the obvious makes people think.
I mean I'm happy it makes people react but when so many others have pointed it out before and nothing. Smh

Maybe he's referring to this? http://www.gq.com/story/john-boyega-star-wars-detroit-and-robert-downey-jr

John-Boyega-02.jpg

”There are no black people on Game of Thrones," Boyega says. (To be fair, there are, like, three.) ”You don't see one black person in Lord of the Rings." (That is true.) And though Star Wars had featured a few black characters—Billy Dee Williams as a smuggler, Samuel L. Jackson as a peripheral Jedi—they were less represented in the galaxy than Ewoks. ”I ain't paying money to always see one type of person on-screen," says Boyega. ”Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day. Even if you're a racist, you have to live with that. We can ruffle up some feathers."

Yeah Fist was there, never heard of crying greeman

It was another VHS the Dollar video by me had on display with a sticker that read "not for kids". Always wondered why those cartoons weren't for kids until someone rented Akira and FotNS for me. Been enjoying Anime ever since.

I never did get to rent La Blue girl though... and with good reason.

LotusHD

Banned
whats everyones opinion on Doctor Strange? 1/2 way through the film and like it so far, didnt know Mads Mikkelson was in this!

If it weren't for the visuals, it'd easily be the most mediocre Marvel movie that came out recently.
Hell it still is.

It was actually the first time where I genuinely got the whole notion of when people complain that Marvel movies are getting stale or are coming out of a factory, which is ironic considering the whole magical aspect of it. I'm also upset that they underutilized Mikkelson as well. That said, the ending in how they dealt with the villain was cute.

Faustek

Yes.
Sorry but had a little four year old girl come visit her uncle ❤️❤️

Anyway yes. Swedish news reported it today and I had people talk about it to me. Not with me but to me. When the majority of work friends was like "ooh I didn't realise" I wanted to smack them. I have said it. Others have said it since day one but nope.

Beefy

Some old ass white dude started burning tires, so I walked over and said that shit aint legal, cut it out. He shit himself and put it out ��

Kreed

Why the fuck are we still talking about Hillary Clinton the politician?

Why we still hate her? Why?

I mean I know why but. God damn.

"Hey, Trump's presidential approval ratings may be bad, but look at Hillary! You'd think she lost a election with those numbers."

It was another VHS the Dollar video by me had on display with a sticker that read "not for kids". Always wondered why those cartoons weren't for kids until someone rented Akira and FotNS for me. Been enjoying Anime ever since.

I never did get to rent La Blue girl though... and with good reason.

I rented Ghost in the Shell and watched Ursei Yatsura 2 during an anime marathon on Sci-Fi Channel, back when it called Japanimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom