• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Goddamn, they aint monkeying around in that new Planet of the Apes film, dat mean mug

dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-shotgun-thumb-630xauto-47151.jpg

"Ok dragon lady, we want that donut money!"

I have a problem where I visualize how everyone looks as their 90s selves, so when I see them in the media I'm like "damn they're old now."

Slayven

on the ID channel there is a show for every kind of murder. They got a show where murders take place in and around swamps, 4 different shows about wives killing husbands, a show about rich people killing people, a show about friends killing friends, etc. And the sad part is they rarely have to go back farther than the 80s

Slayven

Dude in a cooking thread just asked "what is room temperature"? Seriously.

In the asm 2 thread they're shitting on the artificial webbing. Other shit like that is so minor that its laughable, but for some reason, its flipping a switch in me. I tell myself that fan subsection is among the worst on GAF, but they make a point to make that shit common knowledge
Don't man, they are not worth it. I know who you are talking about and they are the worse. but not worth getting a ban.

The web shooters are a showcase for how intelligent Peter is, and the organic webbing just makes Peter's life easier, so I'm not sure why people were fond of that direction, drama-wise.

BHZ Mayor

In the asm 2 thread they're shitting on the artificial webbing. Other shit like that is so minor that its laughable, but for some reason, its flipping a switch in me. I tell myself that fan subsection is among the worst on GAF, but they make a point to make that shit common knowledge

Think about it like this. Of all the dumb shit that goes on in this forum that's "worth" catching a ban over, this isn't part of that. Let them have their fun.

Slayven

The web shooters are a showcase for how intelligent Peter is, and the organic webbing just makes Peter's life easier, so I'm not sure why people were fond of that direction, drama-wise.

Peter Park is a B+ in a world where Richards and Pym are As. They should play up that shit.

They're Raimi fans not Spidey fans.

Village

I actually read comics, spider man comics. And think the character of spider man is fine.

Artificial webbing is the dumbest shit I have ever heard of .

Complaining about how they do the webbing seems minor compared to all of the other problems that exist with these kinds of movies including miscasting, bad direction, overuse of cg, contradictory plot elements, etc.

Speaking of drank, what would be good to mix with that Simply Lemonade mango?

Vodka or Gin.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Peter being a teenage science prodigy always seemed at odds with the iconic coming of age story that Spiderman has become.

Well Marvel did picked comics, Fox obviously picked something else. Fuckign Sunspot. Another minority Fox has royally fucked.

I dunno for as much shit as people give him Burton nailed the Gotham atmosphere to me. Isolated, dark, moody. You just don't see this anymore with these films. They're trying so damn hard to place these fictional universes in ours and it sucks.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
being a bit lightskinned I've been called everything from black to mixed to hispanic. Is it wrong that I troll people and tell them I'm cuban or puerto rican when I meet them?

being a bit lightskinned I've been called everything from black to mixed to hispanic. Is it wrong that I troll people and tell them I'm cuban or puerto rican when I meet them?

Well it just seems to me you're not solving the problem so much as exacerbating it when you do this.

Slayven

I dunno for as much shit as people give him Burton nailed the Gotham atmosphere to me. Isolated, dark, moody. You just don't see this anymore with these films. They're trying so damn hard to place these fictional universes in ours and it sucks.

i respectfully disagree. Asgard was spot on.

Complaining about how they do the webbing seems minor compared to all of the other problems that exist with these kinds of movies including miscasting, bad direction, overuse of cg, contradictory plot elements, etc.

Ding ding ding ding.

Let them make a good Spidey movie before critiquing some small stuff like that.

Vodka or Gin.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Time to take out the papers and the trash

People want a Deadppol, but they can't even get Spidey banter right.

The number one reason I can't stand Raimi's Spiderman these days is because of Peter/Spiderman. He's just dumb and kind of a whiny dick. None of the charm of Peter is there. At least ASM tried to get that part of his character down.

Yeah I think part of why comic book movies bore me is because the main focus of the writing is in the CG spectacle and not the characters nor their smart ass quips. This is why the Avengers and Iron Man are in my top comic book films. Too bad Iron Man went to shit in the sequel.

Top Bottom