• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Trey

Culture of extremism brought on by the internet. Think someone's attractive? You're thirsty. Someone's music/movies/whatever isn't your thing? You're hating.

Saw this in a thread earlier:

I’ve noticed that the way we Americans communicate is usually designed to create a lot of attention and hype. Again, I think this is a product of our consumer culture: the belief that something isn’t worthwhile or important unless it’s perceived to be the best (BEST EVER!!!) or unless it gets a lot of attention (see: every reality-television show ever made).

This is why Americans have a peculiar habit of thinking everything is “totally awesome,” and even the most mundane activities were “the best thing ever!” It’s the unconscious drive we share for importance and significance, this unmentioned belief, socially beaten into us since birth that if we’re not the best at something, then we don’t matter.

real shit.

cdyhybrid

Saw this in a thread earlier:

real shit.

Yup. There's so much shit at our fingertips now that those who are the loudest are the ones that will get the most clicks/sales/attention.

Edit: Domino's update:

Post-eating update. My stomache really really hurts, not sure if I should regret this or not. Maybe I should have gotten taco bell or eaten the costco chicken bake that's been sitting in my back seat for 3 days now.

Damn, dude took an L for all of us. I'm gonna dedicate this beer to him.

Yup. There's so much shit at our fingertips now that those who are the loudest are the ones that will get the most clicks/sales/attention.

Edit: Domino's update:

Damn, dude took an L for all of us. I'm gonna dedicate this beer to him.

Lol

Dude's a lightweight, I smashed mine and I'm on my exercise bike watching Futurama

I see.

I will say I've never had a digestion problem with Taco Bell, even though that seems to be a widespread complaint.

Fucking Jack in the Box, on the other hand...

Yeah, I think some people just aren't getting enough fiber or have outstanding conditions. When I used to drink a lot, I couldn't fuck with pizza or really acidic food without consequences, but now that I've cut back it's all good.

Silky

Banned
I got caught in the thirst trap

hzjBIjd.gif

Thaina Sushina is her name

xSLZYM6.gif

Gorillaz

Dr. Strange and Antman are already on the plate for phase 3. If we were going to get a Black Panther they would have mentioned something by now.

He is cameo at best.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
At this point I wouldn't expect anything more than a two-episode Black Panther/Wakanda special on Agents of SHIELD.

True, but EviLore was tearing they asses up in there. Shit was hilarious.

how many people did he rename or was it just that circlejerk guy?

slay is a living anime character though. no matter how much someone digs into him(dy, satch, devo,that weak shit JC tries) hes always gonna pop back up. ether mean nothing to the man at this point. hes taken enough blows to scare off 50 good job bobs

so you're saying Slay's Homer in "The Homer they fall" ep?

Alright I just heard Sweatpants for the first time. Never really listened to Childish Gambino. Should I continue?

Culdesac, Camp, EP and some parts of Royalty only really. His older stuff is mostly miss and him trying to find out something that works

first page first post of that IGN link and need not go further

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't give a shit about comicbook movies

But I'd pay to see a black panther movie just to support a black guy getting a lead role in one

Slayven

Top Bottom