• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Book of Henry - Trailer 1 - directed by Colin Trevorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Neogafs favorite director, Colin Trevorrow (Director of Jurassic World - his next film is Star Wars Episode 9):

YouTube link

Sometimes things are not always what they seem, especially in the small suburban town where the Carpenter family lives. Single suburban mother Susan (Naomi Watts) works as a waitress at a diner, alongside feisty friend Sheila (Sarah Silverman). Her younger son Peter (Jacob Tremblay) is a playful 8-year-old. Taking care of everyone and everything is Susan’s older son Henry (Jaeden Lieberher), age 11. Protector to his adoring younger brother and tireless supporter of his often self-doubting mother – and, through investments, of the family – Henry blazes through the days like a comet. Susan discovers that the family next door, which includes Henry’s kind classmate Christina (Maddie Ziegler), has a dangerous secret – and that Henry has devised a surprising plan to help. As his brainstormed rescue plan for Christina takes shape in thrilling ways, Susan finds herself at the center of it.
C8F7pFLVwAAyHkp.jpg:orig

kswiston

So Hank is a child molester. Instead of the elaborate plan to possibly kill him, it seems like a video recording would have sufficed to deal with him.

I thought the poster was great, but after seeing the trailer I think the poster is awful because it doesn't seem to represent the story or feel of the film.

The film itself looks pretty good though.

I watched this without sound at work and I'm not sure how we arrived at suburban mother with a sniper rifle to end the trailer. Looks interesting though.

Poster: looks like Steven Spielberg-esque 80s suburban sci-if movie

Trailer: depressing drama about getting rid of a child molester/abuser

This looks really bizarre, and also shitty, like it's smarter that it thinks it is. Like it's based on a really bad bestselling book that people you don't respect really love.

Hey, maybe it's good, but I'm banking on totally shit.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Well that was a lot darker than I thought it would be going by that poster.

This is what happens when Hank stops collecting his minerals.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I hope the kid is wrong in the end and it's just an overwhelmingly depressing and fucked up ending where an innocent man is dead, a mother is sent to jail for murder, her "genius" older son is sent to mental hospital due to severe delusions and his role in the conspiracy to commit murder and the girl and youngest son are sent to foster care.

Moral of the story; your kid might be a genius and super mature, but he's still a kid and you should do your own fucking taxes and bills lady.

I hope the kid is wrong in the end and it's just an overwhelmingly depressing and fucked up ending where an innocent man is dead, a mother is sent to jail for murder, her "genius" older son is sent to mental hospital due to severe delusions and his role in the conspiracy to commit murder and the girl and youngest son are sent to foster care.

Moral of the story; your kid might be a genius and super mature, but he's still a kid and you should do your own fucking taxes and bills lady.

Lol I was just thinking I hope it end up being something like this.

kurahador

I want the ending to turns out the kid purposely tricking his mom to run away with the girl.

The movie looks WAY different than I expected.

Anyhow, Colin Trevorrow didn't write this one - but it'll be interesting to see how people receive this movie. I know two people who saw it, and they liked it a lot, but with any early industry screenings it's hard to get a read.

Renpatsu

That is definitely not what I expected.

The tone of the first half of that trailer feels so far more removed from reality than the latter (and even that is a stretch) that going in this narrative needs to thread a needle to get right or it'll miss its emotional target completely.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The mother makes the son to do all her taxes, while she chills out with friends?

Hope they lock her away along with Dean Norris.

Jarmel

Banned
lololol

That trailer is hilarious. First half looks interesting and then it starts to dabble into a police officer being a child molester and ending with the mother having a sniper rifle.

lololol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
lololol

That trailer is hilarious. First half looks interesting and then it starts to dabble into a police officer being a child molester and ending with the mother having a sniper rifle.

lololol

It's the opposite of those comedy trailers that trick you into thinking it's serious but then you hear a record scratch.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Definitely assuming
the kid is full of shit an the mom is revealed to be kinda crazy

Still a bad trailer.

killroy87

There's some sort of twist involving the little brother. I don't know what it is, but something's up with that kid. He's barely acknowledged by anyone, and doesn't say a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom