• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captain Marvel movie might be better then me thought and more important

Slayven

If you don't know the Captain Marvel movie will be sit in the roaring 90s, a period piece. And it will focus on Carol fighting the skrulls. On top of that Ant Man movie will detail more of Hank Pym and Janet's adventures. As well have bring Jimmy Woo.

Is Marvel setting a "Lost Age"? If you don't know for reasons too nerdy to get into Marvel and DC have a gap between WW2 and modern day heroes. Something usually between 60s-80s/90s. In that gap you have things like Full nazi Captain America(the first one), Druggie Vietnam Cap(Nuke), and The Justice Experience(the stopgap between the JSA and Justice League).

Marvel kind of filled that in with a Skrull Invasion and a team of heroes called the First Line

42487-6784-48466-1-marvel-the-lost-gen.jpg

As well as the Agents of Atlas who was lead by Jimmy Woo

tumblr_inline_n6aot2RWXE1qkrxhr.png

So in my educated guess Captain Marvel and Ant &The Wasp will be used to set the bedrock for the next phase of marvel movies by backdating a bunch of stuff.

Thoughts?

Secret Invasion

Definitely setting the groundwork for Secret Invasion.

This whole time, Fury has been prepping for the Skrulls. Loki and the Chitauri weren't what he was trying to enlist the Avengers for.

The next big thing after Thanos will be Secret Invasion.

I really think that a character is going to die during Infinity War or Avengers 4, and then the post credit scene will be them reverting to a Skrull or something.

My bet on who? Black Widow. "I can't have kids" could mean something entirely different now.

J-Skee

I know everyone wants Secret Invasion, but I really want Annihilation. Marvel Studios has to get it right though. Stay as practical as possible with effects. Learn from your sister studio, Lucasfilm. Part of why the Force Awakens is so great is because they didn't go crazy with CG like the prequels did.

What the hell is going on in here? I'll go ahead and text him..make sure he knows he's been compromised..

Then again, look at all those typos..🤔

Wait, I didn't catch the "set in the 90's" news (assuming it was revealed over the weekend at Comicon). Well THAT's something. So will she not get to be in Infinity War? Will Brie Larson be aged up 20 years somehow? Will she be frozen in ice or something?

Also, holy shit, Marvel can use Skrulls??

Pilgrimzero

I hope the marvel movies set in the 90s has all the heroes with a ton of pouches and massive guns if male and the sluttiest outfits if female.

Wait, I didn't catch the "set in the 90's" news (assuming it was revealed over the weekend at Comicon). Well THAT's something. So will she not get to be in Infinity War? Will Brie Larson be aged up 20 years somehow? Will she be frozen in ice or something?

Since the start they've been sharing them with Fox but had full rights to the Ultimate version AKA the chitauri. The only skrull characters they don't have are people like Super Skrull etc.

Easily explained away through space travel nonsense or maybe she ages slower with her powers.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm confident that if some deal was made to get the Skrulls, they could get Annihlus too.

They could always use the Skrulls, just not Kl'rt, the Super Skrull that was introduced in Fantastic Four comics and has their powers.

jph139

I remember the Russos (I think?) saying they were tossing around Crazy 50s Cap as a possible plot thread so that's another piece of the puzzle.

Slay laying the groundwork for his turn.
Next thread: "Cassandra Cain, who she is and why she matters to me"

This movie always had the potential to be good. The Captain Marvel character design is great, and that's probably one of the only things they'll be taking from the comics. Same reason why people freaking out about the idea of a Cyborg movie is silly. All it takes is a good writer / director.

I like the idea of the MCU going back into the past even though it doesn't mean much to me. I just hope that DC will take some cues from them and that someday we'll see an Earth-2 movie starring the JSA in WW2 or something. Hell, Sandman Mystery Theater could be an incredible movie / tv show.

J-Skee

They could always use the Skrulls, just not Kl'rt, the Super Skrull that was introduced in Fantastic Four comics and has their powers.

Well, that kills a theory I had. I thought that Captain Marvel would eventually fight the Super Skrull in that final fight of the film. And my hail mary prediction was that somehow his powers would get distributed to the Fantastic Four.

Well, that kills a theory I had. I thought that Captain Marvel would eventually fight the Super Skrull in that final fight of the film. And my hail mary prediction was that somehow his powers would get distributed to the Fantastic Four.

She can fight "the Power Skrull" which is essentially the same character but with different powers.

I'm 99% sure it'll be this.

I think we're going to get a Captain America situation wherein Carol is blasted into outer space on a Skrull ship, the post credit scene of her movie is her landing back on Earth, grabbing a person hysterically and yelling "THE SKRULLS ARE HERE!"

I don't read marvel comics or any comics fot that matter in a long time now. I sometime re-read classic X-Men but I see a lot of hate for Captain Marvel character. How come? Also is Ms. Marvel and captain marvel same Character?

Top Bottom