• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captain Marvel movie might be better then me thought and more important

Really curious to see what they do with Jimmy Woo. I was in to that relatively recent run of Agents of Atlas and I could totally see a Guardians of the Galaxy style take on that where you swap out space craziness for Indiana Jones style pulp.

Instro

The next big thing after Thanos will be Secret Invasion.

I really think that a character is going to die during Infinity War or Avengers 4, and then the post credit scene will be them reverting to a Skrull or something.

My bet on who? Black Widow. "I can't have kids" could mean something entirely different now.

I'd be inclined to think it would be someone with superpowers, just to put the Skrull over as a major threat.

Slayven

Slayven: CAPTAIN MARVEL SUCKS

Brie Larson:
vZkptI3.gif

Slayven: I love Captain Marvel, actually.
I don't think i know who she is
Only way to be sure...

Slayven how do you feel about that badass Cassandra Cain chick?

Who?

LionPride

Banned
My guesses off the top of my head...

Who dies in Avengers: Infinity War/Avengers 4
- Steve
- Tony
- Vision
- Loki
- Drax

Who is secretly a Skrull
- Ross
- ???

I saw some folks elsewhere suggest that maybe either Happy or Maria Hill might be a Skrull. Not sure on either of those options personally, but General Ross being a Skrull makes a ton of sense.
Russ is likely a Skrull yeah

NoName999

How on earth are they gonna explain why Nick Fury haven't tried recruiting her to the Avengers? She has experience fighting extraterrestrials and Loki's a fucking extraterrestrial.

Anyone else ever notice how Thanos, Skrulls and Carol all have the same meatloaf chin?

Coincidence...?

Also, it's great that Carol was the TRUE start of the MCU and met Nick Fury first and was the inspiration for the Avengers program in the first place because she was so heroic and great. What a wonderful addition to her lore as the MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER EVER

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Anyone else ever notice how Thanos, Skrulls and Carol all have the same meatloaf chin?

Coincidence...?

Also, it's great that Carol was the TRUE start of the MCU and met Nick Fury first and was the inspiration for the Avengers program in the first place because she was so heroic and great. What a wonderful addition to her lore as the MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER EVER

So good they named the company after her!

My guesses off the top of my head...

Who dies in Avengers: Infinity War/Avengers 4
- Steve
- Tony
- Vision
- Loki
- Drax

Who is secretly a Skrull
- Ross
- ???

I saw some folks elsewhere suggest that maybe either Happy or Maria Hill might be a Skrull. Not sure on either of those options personally, but General Ross being a Skrull makes a ton of sense.

I can totally see them making Happy a Skrull in lieu of Jarvis.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Congrats on coming down off that trip since the Captain Marvel movie was announced, Slayven.

It's almost as if all those character complaints were all a dream.

Marvel has made slayven not only interested in Carol danvers but willing to eat crow over her before we even get a trailer

Nothing can stop marvel

Nothing

I can totally see them making Happy a Skrull in lieu of Jarvis.

Maybe, but if Tony is already out of the MCU by that time, how would they have Happy in there? Through Peter? I feel like the Happy twist would work best if Tony is still there in the story at that point.

This is all assuming that Tony is gone after IW or A4, of course.

J-Skee

Screw it, I'm getting a little hyped right now. Here's my ridiculous prediction that's 100% NOT going to happen, but spoilers for Daredevil season 2 & possibly Defenders:

Elektra is going to die, she's going to turn into a Skrull & the Defenders will freak out. Yes, I know it doesn't make any sense, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Nev

Banned
Fun times.

Anyways one thing is for sure, they nailed the casting. That actress screams charisma and I haven't seen her in anything.

They absolutely needed that to make the character not dull just like Momoa for Aquaman.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Fun times.

Anyways one thing is for sure, they nailed the casting. That actress screams charisma and I haven't seen her in anything.

They absolutely needed that to make the character not dull just like Momoa for Aquaman.

How does it make any sense to throw shade at the one guy in JL who is riding entirely on charisma?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
It seems like it will probably be important to the greater plot and to nick fury

Honestly i was pretty excited for this movie but the fact that its
- In the 90's
- Has Skrulls
- No other super heroes in it ( most likely )
- Origins/ early days of nick fury.
- sets captain marvel up to be a long time super hero ( whos probably been in space ) by the time avengers 5 happens

Plus i love the 'trope' of ' important character doing shit that was crucial in the background and nobody knew about it until now'

Top Bottom