• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

B.K.

I bought a copy of Pinocchio a few days ago. I haven't watched it yet. I may put it in later to see how it looks. Wal-Mart has Snow White for $20. I may pick up a copy of it later today if they still don't have Alice in Wonderland.

So I put the code in for alice yesterday at work but I couldnt install the coupon app...now it wont let me back into the coupon area, it just says you have already redeemed this code. am I screwed?

see5harp

lbcyalater said:
So I put the code in for alice yesterday at work but I couldnt install the coupon app...now it wont let me back into the coupon area, it just says you have already redeemed this code. am I screwed?

Same happened to me when my work pc wouldn't allow me to install the printing software. Just log in at home and the coupon is listed under the available deals or something. You need a printer though, the software won't let you print to PDF.

isny

napkin dispenser
Trying to find a copy of Sleeping Beauty that has a slipcover and doesn't cost $30-$40 = hard.

Lots of them around for $20ish, none have slipcovers =(

Le-mo

isny said:
Trying to find a copy of Sleeping Beauty that has a slipcover and doesn't cost $30-$40 = hard.

Lots of them around for $20ish, none have slipcovers =(
I must be really lucky since I bought Sleeping Beauty and Princess and the Frog for $24 from fellow gaffer, JLing84. Both came with slipcovers and was in mint condition. :p

Scarecrow

I got the Alice BR, is it only in full screen or is there a wide screen version? I just grabbed the only copy they had left, not thinking about the possibility that there might be two versions.

Scarecrow said:
I got the Alice BR, is it only in full screen or is there a wide screen version? I just grabbed the only copy they had left, not thinking about the possibility that there might be two versions.
Nope the movie was made in 4:3

JdFoX187

Banned
There's only one edition of the Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray.

I broke down and bit on Sleeping Beauty. $30 was a little steep, but I figure it'll only go up when Disney announces it's going back into the vault. With that order, I know have all the Disney hand-animated blu rays available.

JdFoX187 said:
There's only one edition of the Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray.

I broke down and bit on Sleeping Beauty. $30 was a little steep, but I figure it'll only go up when Disney announces it's going back into the vault. With that order, I know have all the Disney hand-animated blu rays available.
I gave up, i have to get the animated releases as soon as they come out or take it in the ass later. got my beauty for 12 dollars i think.

see5harp said:
Same happened to me when my work pc wouldn't allow me to install the printing software. Just log in at home and the coupon is listed under the available deals or something. You need a printer though, the software won't let you print to PDF.
Yes, you can still get it to work.

Click on 'My DMR'

Click on 'unlocked offers'

You should see a link to the Alice coupon offer that will let you reprint it.

Scarecrow said:
The old movie standard was 4:3 so they present it in 4:3. But they do put up nice side-bar art work.

I think I have em all except for Fantasia... never really cared for it, but I would buy it for $10. Unfortunately I wasn't about to pay even $20 for it unless it came with a Steelbook.

isny

napkin dispenser
JdFoX187 said:

I did as well. I managed to find the three disc Blu for $30, which is rarer anyways, so I'm happy.

Krauser Kat said:
I gave up, i have to get the animated releases as soon as they come out or take it in the ass later. got my beauty for 12 dollars i think.

Lucky, $12 is a steal!

.hacked

20iv0bo.jpg

Also had A Bugs Life and Princess & he Frog but they seem to have been borrowed and not returned =/

Wife is having me collect them all, like her parents collected the VHS (and they still have them).

dyls

isny said:
Lucky, $12 is a steal!
I've gotten almost all of my Disney blu rays for around that price. It's really nice how they reward early adopters with coupons on top of the retailers first week discounts. If only the coupon printer programs wasn't such a bitch. I've never had it work the first time.

Watched the first half hour of Alice. I barely remembered any of it before the caterpillar showed up. What a crazy and wonderful movie. I certainly understand why it didn't do so well originally; pretty much every scene and every character are insane, and theres no center to hold onto because even Alice is bizarre.

The anti-smoking PSA beforehand killed me. I hadn't seen one before and it was so out of place among the previews. I guess that's how they can show smoking without getting an R rating? Of course, all it does is make you notice the smoking in the film much more than you normally would. And boy is there a lot of smoking in this movie. Although so far it's only hukas, pipes, and cigars. No cigarettes that I've seen.

dyls said:
I've gotten almost all of my Disney blu rays for around that price. It's really nice how they reward early adopters with coupons on top of the retailers first week discounts. If only the coupon printer programs wasn't such a bitch. I've never had it work the first time.

Watched the first half hour of Alice. I barely remembered any of it before the caterpillar showed up. What a crazy and wonderful movie. I certainly understand why it didn't do so well originally; pretty much every scene and every character are insane, and theres no center to hold onto because even Alice is bizarre.

The anti-smoking PSA beforehand killed me. I hadn't seen one before and it was so out of place among the previews. I guess that's how they can show smoking without getting an R rating? Of course, all it does is make you notice the smoking in the film much more than you normally would. And boy is there a lot of smoking in this movie. Although so far it's only hukas, pipes, and cigars. No cigarettes that I've seen.

The coupon on printers are a bitch if dont use Safari or IE. I have had to switch to both of those on their respective platforms to get it to print.

FOOTE

Whimsical Phil said:
Something I learned recently about those annoying side clasps:

Once you've opened the case, you can press the clasp down onto the inner back of the Blu-ray case. There are two little clips on the inside of the clasp that keep it locked in the "down" position.

Now, you can simply close the case with the clasp neatly tucked away, and you never have to worry about it again.

MIND BLOWN.
WHAT?! I must try this when I go home!

JdFoX187

Banned
I've got a bunch of these "Disney Rewards" things here. How many points do each one of them amount to? I'm wondering if it's worth it to put them in, or just give them to people on here.

isny

napkin dispenser
JdFoX187 said:
I've got a bunch of these "Disney Rewards" things here. How many points do each one of them amount to? I'm wondering if it's worth it to put them in, or just give them to people on here.

You should use them. You can redeem for a bunch of DVD's and Blu's.

I would love to get the 15k points for a tour of the archives out in California, but I'm only at 5k points so that will never happen...

They just added a few more rewards today, you should just check it out and see if there's anything you're interested in prior to using the codes up.

Christopher

JdFoX187 said:

If you really don't want them I'll take them off your hands I almost have enough points to see The Lion King on broadway I'd appreciate it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
JdFoX187 said:

Non-pixar movies, give me them codes :)

Magnus

I looked at the full rewards list of DVDs and Blurays. They all looked terrible, like the entire catalogue of Disney B-movies. Am I missing something?

Eh, whatever. I only have about a thousand points. lol

DJ_Tet

Banned
Ordered a Tron movie poster with my (my gf's) points. It is pretty nice, it's double-sided like a real movie poster. Their DVDs and Blurays on the site are pretty lame and overpriced, agreed. They have some nice collectables available. If you aren't into those, I'd gladly take any codes so they don't go to waste :)

Finally...FINALLY got Sleeping Beauty today.

I found it at Borders, where I normally would never buy Blurays or DVDs because of their ridiculous pricing, but I had a $25 Borders gift card leftover from Christmas, which cut the total down to about $14.

I'll watch it tonight, probably. Also, WTF at the packaging. They went with the side clasp Blu-ray case, which is fine, but what was with putting the DVD in a cardboard sleeve and then gluing it to the front of the case? Bizarre. I had to peel the damn thing off the cover. Luckily, it didn't mess up the plastic covering too badly, but what a pain in the ass.

Magnus

I think that packaging came just as Bluray/DVD combo packaging was just going from novelty to more common. Smacked of being a last minute decision to just bundle them in with the blurays before the whole practice became standard last year or so.

CiSTM

Banned
I really hope they will re-release Walt Disney Treasure boxs in HD. Got Fantasia(BD) and Aladdin(dvd) today, they are pretty much only big Disney flicks I like. Also more ghibli flicks up in this bitch.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
50 free points for DMR code, enter this code then enter any UPC code from a Disney DVD/BD/CD to get 50 pts

M1D17PYH9MXZ

List of UPCs

JdFoX187

Banned
Redeemed the codes after looking at some of the rewards online. Ended up getting like 1,400 with the movies I have around. Any word on if/when Duck Tales the Movie will come back?

Magnus said:
I think that packaging came just as Bluray/DVD combo packaging was just going from novelty to more common. Smacked of being a last minute decision to just bundle them in with the blurays before the whole practice became standard last year or so.
Yeah, I'd say you're probably right.

JdFoX187

Banned
Aha, got my Ducktales, now I only need 150 more to go to get my TRON Legacy poster. After these two things, I'll give any points code I get to you guys on here. Those were the only two things I wanted.

isny

napkin dispenser
JdFoX187 said:
Aha, got my Ducktales, now I only need 150 more to go to get my TRON Legacy poster. After these two things, I'll give any points code I get to you guys on here. Those were the only two things I wanted.

I have an extra I can give you jd. (And a few extra as well available for trade if anyone needs em)

Feel free to PM me and I'll reply with a list of my extras.

(Also, if you need more, use the codes below)

5 Points: Z3YH23XF8P FM39V03SSW 98Z9648V0VI E9V03JA393 XI38VM994P
25 Points: FPSNN83JX9
50 Points: 9EKSMN38SH
50 Points: 9FTMRYWEK
25 Points: CHIHUAHUA
5 Points: T5WM52PA7L

JdFoX187

Banned
isny said:
I have an extra I can give you jd. (And a few extra as well available for trade if anyone needs em)

Feel free to PM me and I'll reply with a list of my extras.
Thanks for the offer, but I found out my Pirates trilogy has some codes as well. So I have enough. But I ran into an issue where I can't redeem anymore until tomorrow :(

isny

napkin dispenser
BertramCooper said:
Do points ever go bad?

If I keep entering codes for another decade, could I possibly get a free tour of the Disney studios?

They keep extending the end date each summer. I'm assuming they won't be ending it any time soon, but you never know. They could always pull the plug. (They've renewed it now for 4 years)

DJ_Tet

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Do points ever go bad?

If I keep entering codes for another decade, could I possibly get a free tour of the Disney studios?

I don't know if they go bad but I got a 'warning' email on my secondary account that it had been too long since my last login and if I didn't log in soon they would zero out my points.

At least they warn you, but you gotta log in every 30 or 90 days or something.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just picked up Pinocchio with slip cover for $20ish!, yay =) (Was the last one I was looking to get for the immediate future)

Le-mo

I still have an unused Alice in Wonderland 10$ coupon. I'll try to get to Wal-Mart tomorrow. A Bug's Life and Beauty and the Beast came in today. Got them for 30$ mint and with slip covers. My current Disney collection:

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Monster's Inc
A Bug's Life
Wall E
Pinocchio
Beauty and the Beast
Sleeping Beauty
Princess and the Frog

I still have to get Snow White, Up, Ratatouille, and Alice in Wonderland. I'm not sure if I want to get Cars since I didn't enjoy it much the first time I saw it. But I do want to complete the Disney collection. :(

JdFoX187

Banned
Amazon had their own $10 code a while back for Bambi. Hope the price drops down to $19.99 before shipping so I can get it for $10. Otherwise, $15 shipped for Bambi isn't too bad.

Le-mo

So I went to Wal-Mart today to pick Alice and Wonderland, but it was priced for $24.99 instead of $19.99 on their website. When the cashier rang it up and I gave her the $10 coupon the guy next to her said it had to be the original, not printed since the scanner wouldn't scan it. Wtf? I decided not to buy the movie.

isny

napkin dispenser
Le-mo said:
So I went to Wal-Mart today to pick Alice and Wonderland, but it was priced for $24.99 instead of $19.99 on their website. When the cashier rang it up and I gave her the $10 coupon the guy next to her said it had to be the original, not printed since the scanner wouldn't scan it. Wtf? I decided not to buy the movie.

Just go somewhere else. I'd hate to see you lose out on such a great movie at such a great price due to some stupid employees at walmart.

Le-mo

isny said:
Just go somewhere else. I'd hate to see you lose out on such a great movie at such a great price due to some stupid employees at walmart.
I don't think I'll have the chance to go somewhere else. The coupon expires on the 7th and I'm working tomorrow early morning until night and on monday I have school and work. Maybe I'll just buy it on Amazon if I have some extra cash.

isny

napkin dispenser
Le-mo said:
I don't think I'll have the chance to go somewhere else. The coupon expires on the 7th and I'm working tomorrow early morning until night and on monday I have school and work. Maybe I'll just buy it on Amazon if I have some extra cash.

Sign into your Amazon.com account, add the item to your cart and then open up a chat and give them the coupon link and ask for a $10 discount.

It's hit or miss, but it works every time for me.

Top Bottom