• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugen

i wanna walk alone with lots of snow falling, watch all the details, find collectibles and random doors to open

is it out yet

DrBo42

I never heard anything about issues with the X1 performance tbh.
Well as someone that played both betas I can tell you there are framerate issues during effect/heavy enemy number fights. Didn't run into it a lot, but it's there. Sometimes heavy stuttering upon entering the dark zone as well. Nothing bad enough to stop me from buying that version, since my friends are on it.

I never heard anything about issues with the X1 performance tbh.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't major by any means. I would just get like half a second pause every few minutes while playing the dark zone. It certainly could have been lag on my end as well and not frame rate issue.

Since there is actually proper matchmaking for this game you won't have to worry about finding other players no matter what platform you choose.

I think I am confused. Isn't the dark zone kind of like a free for all pvp area? Are you saying it will be possible to do matchmaking for a party that's then dropped into the dark zone?

Yeah, it definitely wasn't major by any means. I would just get like half a second pause every few minutes while playing the dark zone. It certainly could have been lag on my end as well and not frame rate issue.

I think I am confused. Isn't the dark zone kind of like a free for all pvp area? Are you saying it will be possible to do matchmaking for a party that's then dropped into the dark zone?
More or less. But you're not dropped inside the DZ but outside the entrance. Either way from camp Hudson you can choose to match make for the Dark Zone, and from the Safe Zone in the pve area.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yes you can MM DZ squad

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Yep. You can matchmake specifically for the DZ and get into a group for it.
edit: rule of three in effect

Quazar

I must say Division GAF has been a cool/helpful bunch no matter the platform they're playing on. Look forward to playing with you'll!

PC players are the coolest/most helpful though

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

Stuff like whole team going rogue and surviving a manhunt, the rest seem way too easy and uninspired. Thought there would have been a lot more group based achievements.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Maybe they don't want to force rogue status on players in order to get the achieves.

Tovarisc

Screeeeens

Even for 4k those look too sharp and colors are... popping out way more than they did for me in beta, actually looked at my beta shots to compare. Going to 4k from 1080p doesn't enhance colors like that, there is SweetFX running or post-edit by GIMP / PhotoShop.

El_Chino

El_Chino - GT: Bronx Playboy19
PatDH - GT: PatDH1
DrBo42 - GT: DrBo
Granadier - GT: xGranadier
Lashley - GT: Lashley93
spannicus - GT: Blackstatus Red
Tawpgun - GT: Tawpgun
Eddie_Khaled - GT: XxHbk_90xX
Archpath1 - GT: Archpath1
AndrewDean84xX - GT: AndrewDean84x
thornXBL - GT: Thorn Harvestar