• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone getting this?

NYCarticle_BOOK_COVER_215840.png
Absolutely, going balls deep with this release

Quazar

So if you get season pass do you get access to same content as gold edition or will some aspects still only be for gold edition users?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I suggest you allow two more members, beside you, to edit the file for each platform, so in case if you're not available they can do the work.

my PSN is: ixYi

Timezone GMT+3, CST-9, EST-8 ;)

Everyone with that link should be able to edit the doc. Unless I fucked something up.

Do we know the price of the season pass yet?

$40

---

Red pandas are from Broadbandit? posting a gif awhile back. It spread faster than the Green Death and now the official mascot of DivisionGAF is the red panda.

Well the game comes out Tuesday, so there's really no reason for the servers to be up yet, even if retailers broke street date an sold/delivered the game early. They should not be doing that.

As for the panda, your guess is as good as mine..nobody I asked a page back but nobody bothered to explain :/
I explained it, he started it and we took it. Plus the cute little bast arts are orange and white like the logo of the game. It works.

hydruxo

DivisionGAF PS4 community has blown up over the last several days. We're at 156 members right now.

The hype is real, my friends.

4hpQwcK.gif

Quazar

Thanks for the answers on season pass. I thought I read that gold users will get some exclusive DLC. (Was another thread year one or something)

deoee

Huge Massive fan here, Ground Control was the first.

I WAS THEIR BIGGEST FAN BEFORE YOU GUYS EVEN KNEW WHO THEY WERE!

I PLAYED GC ALL DAY WITH MY FRIENDS, I'M THE BIGGER FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 days 5 hours 52 minutes 15 seconds

I forgot that Massive made ground control, when this game was announced. GC was the game I played when I didn't play Battle Zone 2 or Starcraft or W2. Loved every minute of it.

I'm conflicted on which version to get, X1 or PS4. On one hand, I like the X1 controller better but the last beta I played had some lag or frame rate issues, not sure which one. I would like to go with the best performance and it seems like that might be PS4. Also, I won't have any friends that are playing so getting in with DivisionGAF would be great. It looks like there are quite a bit more people that are going to pick up the X1 version.

Any thoughts?

Granadier

Just to clarify. This link is editable by anyone. Throw your gamertag, PSN id, or Uplay/Steam username in here so you can find friends to play with come release.

PS4 and PC already have their own listings set up, so the listen here is more of a catchall.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaS0D92biiSNo3H24p7cQw0q1_dQQOgauo10cqFQEJw/edit?usp=sharing

I'm conflicted on which version to get, X1 or PS4. On one hand, I like the X1 controller better but the last beta I played had some lag or frame rate issues, not sure which one. I would like to go with the best performance and it seems like that might be PS4. Also, I won't have any friends that are playing so getting in with DivisionGAF would be great. It looks like there are quite a bit more people that are going to pick up the X1 version.

Any thoughts?

50 hours and never ran into an issue on X1.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Any thoughts?
No issues with the XB1 beta, but if you're looking to play with DivisionGAF then you're better off going with the PS4 version. Trying to get a group going in Destiny on XB1 through the community thread was an impossibility, and I imagine it'll be the same thing here. Although if DestinyGAF is any indication, I'd say that's a positive ;)

Quazar

Any thoughts?

Only other deciding factor is the wait on DLC tbh.

Any thoughts?

Don't forget, the XBO gets earlier access to future DLC.

No issues with the XB1 beta, but if you're looking to play with DivisionGAF then you're better off going with the PS4 version. Trying to get a group going in Destiny on XB1 through the community thread was an impossibility, and I imagine it'll be the same thing here. Although if DestinyGAF is any indication, I'd say that's a positive ;)

The online in The Division seems to be handled way better than Destiny, so I don't see an issue with getting games started on the XBO.

Granadier

Since there is actually proper matchmaking for this game you won't have to worry about finding other players no matter what platform you choose.

Any thoughts?

I never heard anything about issues with the X1 performance tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom