• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The downfall of Mitsubishi is sad

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
We have a 2022 Outlander as our family vehicle and really like it. 🤷‍♂️

Didn’t mean to insult anyone. I am sure they are fine vehicles, they just went from a company with a very cool and unique lineup of cars to just making an SUV that is interchangeable with a ton of other automakers SUVs.

My dad's is a hardcore Honda guy. Love his Jazz.

VnSGQzA.jpeg

VRtWDl1.jpeg

Then again I'm a sucker for white and black rims or whatever.
Just a family car but the front looks mean.

Sorry for the offtopic 🙈

I love my black/ white Honda too. 👍
IMG-0066.jpg

Last edited:

The Stig

Just remembered i knew a guy who had a Galant VIII VR-4 station wagon. Bit modded that had 300+ HP. Now that car could fly (for it's time)
Awesome car. A friend had one and he wired the spark plugs in the wrong order.

Killed the engine. I was very angry with him

I always liked the Celica and my friend into Nissans made fun of me for liking a girl car lol.

I ended up with a Scion TC and he also said every one he sees on the road has a girl in it. Freaking asshole

The Celica especially the GT4 is such a fun little car. My GT4 was stock. I had the option to up the boost to push more HP but i declined that. I wanted to keep it as stock as possible as it was a WRC Edition straight out of Japan.

In fact it arrived in the country from Japan just 2 days before I bought it. Kept it as clean and neat as possible. If I had that car today, man it would be worth well over $60 000. GTR's here go for close to $90 000 and they're R32, R33's.

It's insane how the value of these Japanese performance cars have skyrocketed in recent years.

Almost all car designs are safe now. No one really does crazy cool things unless they are supercars, which is a shame.

You will see a radical shift in design when all car manufactuers go full EV or when the becomes the new normal. Right now we're stil in that transition period and the tech is still maturing. 20 years from now today's vehicles will be museum pieces.

The Celica especially the GT4 is such a fun little car. My GT4 was stock. I had the option to up the boost to push more HP but i declined that. I wanted to keep it as stock as possible as it was a WRC Edition straight out of Japan.

In fact it arrived in the country from Japan just 2 days before I bought it. Kept it as clean and neat as possible. If I had that car today, man it would be worth well over $60 000. GTR's here go for close to $90 000 and they're R32, R33's.

It's insane how the value of these Japanese performance cars have skyrocketed in recent years.

I'll probably regret for the rest of my life not buying a R34 GTR when they could be had for a decent price. I told myself i'd wait a few years and let the prices drop some more.....

idiot-498-x-315-gif-2km3mn3yeozevzrj.gif

I'll probably regret for the rest of my life not buying a R34 GTR when they could be had for a decent price. I told myself i'd wait a few years and let the prices drop some more.....

idiot-498-x-315-gif-2km3mn3yeozevzrj.gif

Same here. I planned for years to get an R33 GTR but held off one getting it after my GT4. One of the few low-ish volume Japanese performance car that i really want to get now is a Lexus ISF. 5L NA V8. They're going to go up in value in coming years. I currently own a Lexus IS350 so its going to be a good upgrade for me.

This is my car: (She's a 2008 IS350)

20231208-143727-1.jpg

Same here. I planned for years to get an R33 GTR but held off one getting it after my GT4. One of the few low-ish volume Japanese performance car that i really want to get now is a Lexus ISF. 5L NA V8. They're going to go up in value in coming years. I currently own a Lexus IS350 so its going to be a good upgrade for me.

This is my car: (She's a 2008 IS350)

20231208-143727-1.jpg

Beautiful car.

I think the outlander phev is actually pretty good. Good chance when it trickles down to the rvr itll be a decent hit.

But theres actually 3 mitsu dealerships in my city so their success here is probably an outlier.

Trilobit

They also made some really cool vcr's. I have a HS-421UR (same as the pic) and it's still the best looking equipment i have in my house. My videogame consoles next to it look like cheap monstrosities.

QYKeaU4.jpeg

That looks insanely good for something from the 80's! Slick, elegant black with nice golden text.
RslPCHp.png

Do you know what it retailed for back in the day?

thefool

That looks insanely good for something from the 80's! Slick, elegant black with nice golden text.
RslPCHp.png

Do you know what it retailed for back in the day?

So, my dad is kinda old and doesn't remember exactly how much (and its an import, i live in europe), but he told me it was north of 300$ (1986 dollars)! He said it was stupidly expensive.

Last edited:

T8SC

It's not just Mitsubishi though.

Lets take a look at changes over the last few years.

1. You can no longer buy 3 door hatchbacks. Years ago you generally had a choice, 3 or 5 doors. Granted for those who want the ease of access for child seats etc then the 5 door was the obvious choice, but those who didn't have kids & wanted a sporty hot hatch would often choose a 3 door. Well, you no longer get the option, if you want that sporty hot hatch, it now (IMO) looks worse as it's got too many doors.
  2. The Fiesta died. From 1976 until 2023 the Ford Fiesta was one of the most popular & affordable cars for new drivers, it also offered a hotter version such as the ST, XR2i & RS variants over the years. Now, it's dead, why? Because ...
  3. Everything's a fucking SUV. Yes, Ford stopped Fiesta production because it needed more production space for SUV's. Fuck SUV's. They have less useable space than most estate cars and most people can't park a fucking Fiat 500 let alone a big SUV.
  4. Remember when Vauxhall made the Zafira GSI & VXR models in the early 2000's and people laughed at "Family car with boy racer engine & bodykit" well.... we now have the likes of Audi RSQ3, RSQ5, Puma ST, T-Roc R, Tiguan R etc etc SUV's with boy racer engines & bodykits. But it's ok, it's an SUV.
  5. Everything is bland now. Lots of cars look very similar or are based on other models floorplans. The cars pretty much drive themselves and even the sporty models are full of gadgets & gizmo's to take away any actual driving pleasure. Oh and don't think you can turn them off, they just pretend to be off.

Give me this:

6786621878_3c38b7e3a3_b.jpg

Over this:

ford-puma-st-eu-Shot_01_Exterior_Static_Front_34_Hero_1_Talent_ccl-16x9-2160x1215.jpg.renditions.original.png

... and I don't even like Ford's, but they provide good examples.

Top Bottom