• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "Fable 3 PC comes out on May 17th and nobody cares" thread |OT|

Wag

Thought I'd start this. Who's the genius at MS who thought releasing the PC version on the same day as the much anticipated Witcher 2 would be a good idea?

6months ago I actually had some interest in the PC version, but now? After hearing all the bad things about the game from 360 users, my interest has waned.

I think we already established that Microsoft doesn't give crap about PC gaming. THey can release it whenever they want to.

tokkun

Wag said:
Thought I'd start this. Who's the genius at MS who thought releasing the PC version on the same day as the much anticipated Witcher 2 would be a good idea?

Maybe they never thought The Witcher 2 would release on time? I certainly didn't.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'll pay $10 for it. That's about what it is worth after that bullshit Lionhead pulled at the end (among other shit I hated).

Wag

Kintaro said:
I'll pay $10 for it. That's about what it is worth after that bullshit Lionhead pulled at the end (among other shit I hated).
Problem is that MS rarely ever has sales on GFWL Marketplace on newer games. It will be on Steam too, but I figure it will be the same there.

Mr YuYu

Currently 5,7 hours into the 360 version and i'm loving it.

It is a very fun game. I really don't get all the hate its getting on GAF.

If u loved the first 2 games i can't possibly see how u can hate fable 3. It's just more of the same!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mr YuYu said:

If u loved the first 2 games i can't possibly see how u can hate fable 3. It just more of the same!

Mo. It is not the same. So many small (and big) changes that annoyed the shit out of me. Why don't you trudge your way to the end and see if you feel the same. If you do, hey, more power to you.

stuminus3

I'm wondering if Microsoft will get in on the Steam/D2D crazy sale action. It still blows my mind that they've got the game on DD services outside of their own.

I'm interested, but the $50 MSRP kills it for me, especially when the 360 version is down to $40. I'll just have to be patient and wait for a sale in a couple months, but for $20-30 I'll definitely try it out just for the performance enhancements.

Animator

Anybody who gets this over Witcher 2 needs to be a test subject for medical science so we can study and prevent stupidity in the future.

Dynoro

Mr YuYu said:

If u loved the first 2 games i can't possibly see how u can hate fable 3. It's just more of the same!
It is similar for the first half of the game. It then changes suddenly to a very different type of game at the end; I believe that half is what gets people up the most - some of the changes to combat are non sensical and the token/money system is very grindy

Grisby

Sigh.

This is a game thats worth checking out if you liked any of the other Fables. It had some slow down in the 360 version but I'm sure on the PC it would be smooth. There were some really beautiful areas.

Also, it has some of the best side quests around and the main story is fun up until a point. The combat, although easy, is still serviceable and decent.

Its a different type of game then the witcher I'd imagine, a lot more lighthearted fantasy. By no means the piece of trash a lot of people make it out to be.

Blueblur1

Kintaro said:
You're far too kind. I wouldn't download it even if it was free.

interested to see if it runs good in 3d vision, on my 460M i7 laptop some games look amazing, but some run terribly, dead rising 2 drops to like 5 fps or something its insane (broken really)

Suairyu

Banned
Will be purchasing on sale. I was sore that Fable 2 never made it to PC.

PC version has a bunch of gameplay upgrades over the 360 version. The wait will be worth it.

Mr YuYu

Dynoro said:
It is similar for the first half of the game. It then changes suddenly to a very different type of game at the end; I believe that half is what gets people up the most - some of the changes to combat are non sensical and the token/money system is very grindy

we will see how it goes. at the moment i quite love the game though!

also dumb question:

Are there brown/black/african girls in this game. I would like to start my own family but i'd love to have an african type girl. (like i do in real life)

I know silly question.... bu .. bu .. immersion is important!

thx in advance!

Lothars

allan-bh said:
Me too. Fable III is a really good game.

It's not though, Fable 2 was a really good game but Fable III is a game that dropped the ball and went from having potential to being so bad that it should be ignored.

Dynoro

Mr YuYu said:
we will see how it goes. at the moment i quite love the game though!

also dumb question:

Are there brown/black/african girls in this game. I would like to start my own family but i'd love to have an african type girl. (like i do in real life)

I know silly question.... bu .. bu .. immersion is important!

thx in advance!
I enjoyed my time playing the game; just could have done without the end - don't want to spoil what happens for any that don't know

As for the ethnical diversity of the players; I cannot remember in all honesty, but I cannot see why not

Huff

Banned
Lothars said:
It's not though, Fable 2 was a really good game but Fable III is a game that dropped the ball and went from having potential to being so bad that it should be ignored.

Even Fable 2 wasn't that good. It had the potential and the beautiful setting, but the gameplay was a let down. Too simple and easy.

Fable 3 was ten times worse than 2.

Joseph Merrick said:
it's a tough choice between fable 3 and witcher 2. hmmmmmmmmm what to do what to do
steve-austin.gif

bengraven

1) if it fails, Microsoft will have even less faith in PC gaming

2) if it would come bundled with modding tools (lulz), I guarantee 50% more sales.

Horns

MS is kind of bad at choosing dates. The 17th is Witcher 2 and LA Noire launch dates. Makes me think back to their ill timing with Alan Wake launching the same date at RDR.

Was always kind of hoping for Fable 2 to get a PC release, but nope. I think because of that, I haven't really been interested in Fable 3 anyways.

Rad-

Horns said:
MS is kind of bad at choosing dates. The 17th is Witcher 2 and LA Noire launch dates. Makes me think back to their ill timing with Alan Wake launching the same date at RDR.

MS set that date first though. It was Rockstar that chose to launch the same day. Not that it really mattered for them.

In the end this is a lose lose situation in that if Fable III tanks, it'll be another nail in the coffin for MS and PC gaming and if it doesn't, we're just going to get more shitty Fable games. Thankfully none of the exclusive MS games are appealing to me at all.

I'm 6 hours into Fable 2 (GOTY edition) and not really feeling the love. Story seems slow and the jobs seem kinda annoying. Tell me it gets better.

Horns

Rad- said:
MS set that date first though. It was Rockstar that chose to launch the same day. Not that it really mattered for them.

True, but you have to be able to react to the competition. Look at Brink being moved up a week from the 17th. MS should of either moved it up a week (if even possible) or delayed it a week or two IMO.

Top Bottom