• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fight: Lights Out |OT| of Trejo, Soreness, and Move Controllers

Loudninja said:
Man Endurance sparring is really tiresome, I burn like 114 calories. :)

Oh yeah endurance sparring is killer. I think you unlock a Dynamo trophy if you can go 20 rounds in Endurance Sparring.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Thunderbear said:
I liked at your gameplay, it looks really slow and sluggish to me. I haven't tried the game myself but the videos don't make it look appealing. Whatever they need to do to fake it, the arms need to move faster when punching. It looks like they are fighting at half the speed of real life.
Do you watch UFC fights on fast forward or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaTEds27VRI&feature=related

Dude here doesn't look slow.

cakefoo

I think the thing that makes the game seem slow at first glance has to do with the blocking and deflecting of punches, which is something Sports Champions doesn't simulate. In Sports Champions gladiator duel, you either are blocked, or you aren't. You either cut through your opponent like a pinata, or you clang against solid metal and stagger backwards. In The Fight you're going to be blocked, partially blocked, deflected, and it's all part of the simulation. I think that maybe the lack of a first person camera is hurting the experience because sometimes I can't see how my punch was blocked. The over the shoulder transparency is still a bit thick for seeing these finer details, and in 3D the transparency doesn't even work. Perhaps they should make your fighter a little more transparent and highlight your hands/arms.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
cakefoo said:
I can't see how my punch was blocked. The over the shoulder transparency is still a bit thick for seeing these finer details, and in 3D the transparency doesn't even work. Perhaps they should make your fighter a little more transparent and highlight your hands/arms.
I always thought a first person mode where you just see the fists and maybe the outlines of your fighter's forearms would be a good option. It'd be way easier to read your opponent from such a POV.

I have just spent 4 hours with this game and I can certainly say it lags. I am retracting my jabs and the game is just starting to throw the punch. I have a very quick jab btw. There is no way its "calibration" issues either. My hopes for a 1:1 fighting game will have to wait. In the mean time I will enjoy this game the way it wants me to. It is close and it will take longer to get used to but its not completely 1:1 and thats ok. However, I cannot see how anyone thinks this replicates quick punches effectively. It rewards slower and steadier movements.

Another issue I have and may contribute to my overall satisfaction is that I cant tell when I am being hit sometimes in the midsection which could lead to me not throwing punches effectively.

More time is needed but this game definitely isnt intuitive from a true to life fighting perspective. I guess I shouldnt have expected that but I think I will still enjoy it.

TheExecutive said:
I have just spent 4 hours with this game and I can certainly say it lags. I am retracting my jabs and the game is just starting to throw the punch. I have a very quick jab btw. There is no way its "calibration" issues either. My hopes for a 1:1 fighting game will have to wait. In the mean time I will enjoy this game the way it wants me to. It is close and it will take longer to get used to but its not completely 1:1 and thats ok. However, I cannot see how anyone thinks this replicates quick punches effectively. It rewards slower and steadier movements.

Another issue I have and may contribute to my overall satisfaction is that I cant tell when I am being hit sometimes in the midsection which could lead to me not throwing punches effectively.

More time is needed but this game definitely isnt intuitive from a true to life fighting perspective. I guess I shouldnt have expected that but I think I will still enjoy it.

You have to separate display lag from tracking though. Even though your hands are "faster" than the display the game is still faithfully tracking your movement and throwing the jab that you wanted.

If you angle your jab to the left or right the punch on the TV hooks to the left or right just as you did. It is indeed milliseconds behind you in display though due to display lag. Tracking is pretty much 1:1 (minus calibration issues) however.

** That is what makes this game playable

And speed DOES still count. Since MOVE can track your speed FASTER than you can punch (yes it can unless you can throw 1 millisecond punches like Superman) it then tries to calculate your punch FORCE. So with your quick hands you will probably be doing more damage than other people.

Freshmaker said:
I think I remember one where you blow on the guy and he falls down too. No clue what the motion for that one is.
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.

:lol Lame, mercy finishers. May as well be called Babalities.

By the way STATS still matter for overall responsive feel in the game since leaning and walking are directly related to your Speed trait.

==============
Strength:
How much damage you do.

Speed:
Increase lean and walk speed. High speed makes quick combos drain less stamina.

Stamina:
Affect how fast/slow stamina bar is reduced when punching.

Heart:
Controls health regeneration, if you got max heart and is not getting hit for a while the health (the red bar) will start to fill up to max 50%. (it takes pretty long time so it's not that easy to notice).

Chin:
Affect how easy you're to knock out (white bar in health).

Tech:
How fast you autorotate towards opponent + autoaim when using dualshock/sixaxis.

UntoldDreams said:
By the way STATS still matter for overall responsive feel in the game since leaning and walking are directly related to your Speed trait.

==============
Strength:
How much damage you do.

Speed:
Increase lean and walk speed. High speed makes quick combos drain less stamina.

Stamina:
Affect how fast/slow stamina bar is reduced when punching.

Heart:
Controls health regeneration, if you got max heart and is not getting hit for a while the health (the red bar) will start to fill up to max 50%. (it takes pretty long time so it's not that easy to notice).

Chin:
Affect how easy you're to knock out (white bar in health).

Tech:
How fast you autorotate towards opponent + autoaim when using dualshock/sixaxis.
Great info. Thanks man.

I was a little lost on some of these.

UntoldDreams said:
You have to separate display lag from tracking though. Even though your hands are "faster" than the display the game is still faithfully tracking your movement and throwing the jab that you wanted.

If you angle your jab to the left or right the punch on the TV hooks to the left or right just as you did. It is indeed milliseconds behind you in display though due to display lag. Tracking is pretty much 1:1 (minus calibration issues) however.

** That is what makes this game playable

And speed DOES still count. Since MOVE can track your speed FASTER than you can punch (yes it can unless you can throw 1 millisecond punches like Superman) it then tries to calculate your punch FORCE. So with your quick hands you will probably be doing more damage than other people.

Yeppers, need to separate the two. However, it still throws my game off. I tend to wait to hit people until they are open and I do the same thing in this game and it gets me creamed. However, like any other game, I have to get used to it.

So I played about an hour more of this game today. Its really all I could play because I spent 4 hours with it last night and my arms, chest, and back are KILLING me despite being in pretty good shape. However, I have gotten much better at playing the game the way it wants me to play and have really started enjoying myself. I may have to quit for the day but I will post back with some further impressions as I play more.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What the hell should I do to get headtracking to work?

Currently I have the PS3 set up in a smaller room with dark walls and very little natural light. Originally I had it in the living room, but I like it better in here. But I cannot get HT to work even a little bit.

However... since I have the PS3 in here, out of the way (mostly so I can keep my GT5 wheel + stand set up all the time) I can hang any kind of sheets, or do whatever I need to... no one will see it.

What kind of lights...how many... where do I place them... I'd appreciate the help. Just want to get it to work. No the hugest fan of the game, but I really do enjoy the physicality of it.

Why don't they use color for the camera? Sports Champions works flawlessly in here, along with Tumble, and honestly all of my move games. The Fight is the only one I can't get calibrated. It's also the only game that does this black and white video... I just wonder why they did it like that.

cakefoo

recklessmind said:
What the hell should I do to get headtracking to work?

Currently I have the PS3 set up in a smaller room with dark walls and very little natural light. Originally I had it in the living room, but I like it better in here. But I cannot get HT to work even a little bit.

However... since I have the PS3 in here, out of the way (mostly so I can keep my GT5 wheel + stand set up all the time) I can hang any kind of sheets, or do whatever I need to... no one will see it.

What kind of lights...how many... where do I place them... I'd appreciate the help. Just want to get it to work. No the hugest fan of the game, but I really do enjoy the physicality of it.
I've had two lamps 5 feet away shining directly in my face, one 45 degrees to my left and right respectively. I still got a terrible headtracking rating so i brought them in front of the tv, just 2 or 3 feet from my face, and finally got a Good or Average rating.

Why don't they use color for the camera? Sports Champions works flawlessly in here, along with Tumble, and honestly all of my move games. The Fight is the only one I can't get calibrated. It's also the only game that does this black and white video... I just wonder why they did it like that.
I don't know why so many people are saying this, (unless it was in an interview, in which case wtf), but more than likely it's processing it in color and putting it through a monochrome filter after.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
cakefoo said:
I've had two lamps 5 feet away shining directly in my face, one 45 degrees to my left and right respectively. I still got a terrible headtracking rating so i brought them in front of the tv, just 2 or 3 feet from my face, and finally got a Good or Average rating.

I don't know why so many people are saying this, (unless it was in an interview, in which case wtf), but more than likely it's processing it in color and putting it through a monochrome filter after.
That's just my speculation AFAIK, but it makes sense since if the game was just running a filter, it'd still be able to pick out the move's light source from the background. It can't however, and if you have a lamp in the background, that light source will confuse the hell outta the PSeye.

The only thing that adds up in that case is that what you see on the calibration screen is what the camera is seeing as well.

I have headtracking working great but I customized the room.

Get two floor lamps (cheap ones are fine). Make sure there is enough soft light. The room will end up "very well lit". Place the lamps OUT of camera view.

Put those 20 watt "5 year lifetime" fluorescent bulbs in there instead of the typical 100 watt light bulbs. This is important soft light is best.

I experimented with different backgrounds and ended up with a plain bedsheet covering the background behind me. The Move controllers end up PINK and BLUE which stick out nicely against the background so move tracking works ok and face tracking also works ok.

*** Why is the camera in black and white? Simply due to performance.

You can't have high resolution, high speed, PLUS color all at the same time for a low cost camera. They made the best compromise they could and put the camera into a high speed high resolution mode to get better performance out of the MOVE tracking.

I haven't altered my eating habits but I started losing some weight. Kind of a shock actually.

The only "addition" to my routine is that I end up doing 4-5 hard matches in The Fight nearly daily. (Hard meaning nearly 150-200 punches a match)

Its funny that my real intention was to simply get some exercise and have fun. The weight loss is an accidental side effect. Oh well if I get closer to my ideal BMI then that's only a good thing.

Evolved1

UntoldDreams said:
I have headtracking working great but I customized the room.

Get two floor lamps (cheap ones are fine). Make sure there is enough soft light. The room will end up "very well lit". Place the lamps OUT of camera view.

Put those 20 watt "5 year lifetime" fluorescent bulbs in there instead of the typical 100 watt light bulbs. This is important soft light is best.

I experimented with different backgrounds and ended up with a plain bedsheet covering the background behind me. The Move controllers end up PINK and BLUE which stick out nicely against the background so move tracking works ok and face tracking also works ok.

*** Why is the camera in black and white? Simply due to performance.

You can't have high resolution, high speed, PLUS color all at the same time for a low cost camera. They made the best compromise they could and put the camera into a high speed high resolution mode to get better performance out of the MOVE tracking.

Thanks... I'll try this.

By floor lamps... you mean those tall standing ones? Only issue I have in the room is a slightly low ceiling. I have a lamp like that in here already with a soft fluorescent, but it's pretty close to the ceiling creating kind of a "hot spot". Might have to buy different lmaps I guess.

recklessmind said:
Thanks... I'll try this.

By floor lamps... you mean those tall standing ones? Only issue I have in the room is a slightly low ceiling. I have a lamp like that in here already with a soft fluorescent, but it's pretty close to the ceiling creating kind of a "hot spot". Might have to buy different lmaps I guess.

Any lamp will do as long as it shoots soft light into the room. It does not need to be tall.

Just wanted to post back here to say that I'm still playing this - there was a bit of a break as the monsters of GT5 and Rockband 3 took up some of my time, but now I'm back. And it's still getting better each time I play. Working my way through the middle tournaments now, and my fights and punches are getting pretty awesome - getting some really good hits in these days. My stats are basically all 51s at the moment, playing much more events than training, but always start with one or two training sessions before the events.

Still an awesome, underrated game.

Deadstar

My copy should arrive shortly. Any advice for someone new starting out with this game? Seems like a few people are doing training sessions before a match. I might start doing that as well.

cakefoo

Deadstar said:
My copy should arrive shortly. Any advice for someone new starting out with this game? Seems like a few people are doing training sessions before a match. I might start doing that as well.
Train on the speed bag. I think it's the most efficient way to get skill points. You can get 50 in like 2 or 3 minutes. Only swing when it when you're sure you're going to hit it, because a miss will set you back. Also hit it when it's centered, and you'll get good contact and a lot of rebounds, which count toward your progression.

And in-game, don't swing too fast these first couple days. You can get by with slower motions, and this will let you play longer, and will* save your body from extreme pain the next day.

*not a guarantee :p

Deadstar said:

Congrats on making a most excellent choice.
:)

==Advice?
Don't worry about wins & losses in single player just give it a go and see if you can take down any of the opponents on the pyramid. Heck having a low reputation by losing some fights is necessary to get a specific trophy anyways.

After that as you noticed pretty much everyone does some training in the gym to up their stats a bit and then they hit the single player pyramid.

In the training gym the Mitt Punching is best to practice throwing better punches while still getting points.

cakefoo said:
And in-game, don't swing too fast these first couple days. You can get by with slower motions, and this will let you play longer, and will* save your body from extreme pain the next day.

SHHHHH! cake what are ya doing? You're wrecking half the fun of watching new people come back and post about how much pain they are in from too much exercise.

Deadstar

Well I just played for about an hour and a half and unfortunately I read the posts above too late...I was swinging like a madman!!!! I can already feel the burn in my arms and upper back. Maybe I'll have to take a break tomorrow but I'm sure I'm going to feel it worse than now. :lol

I'm having a lot of fun so far. The speed bag seems difficult but I only tried it once. I'll hit it again later to see if I can get into a rhythm.

Edit: It's day two and I'm in terrible pain! :( I thought I'd be sore but you guys were not kidding. The pain is the physical equivalent of how Taylor Swift felt after Kanye interrupted her award. I've fought my way through the first pyramid. I'm going to go curl up into a ball and cry now.

Edit 2: Day 3. Still in agonizing pain. My arms are STILL sore. I'd love to play more of the game but I think I'll wait a few more days. When I'm done with this game I'm going to look like a ripped beast.

KiKaL

Anyone having trouble with calibration? It seems almost every single time I play this game I have to make sure to recalibrate each controller through the main XMB calibration. Otherwise I can't calibrate them in game at all. It's kind of a pain since this game takes a while to boot up in the first place and then I realize I have to back out of the game and recalibrate each controller and then wait for it to boot again.

Sports Champions doesn't seem to have this problem but The Fight also seems to be much more precise and probably requires a more precise calibration.

I love the game, but I already had a buddy swear off the game just because every time he tried to play he spent 10minutes trying to get it to calibrate

Bog

Junior Ace
Picked this up finally. Am I in for some trouble since I couldn't even knock out the guy in the tutorial after 4 tries? That was a little disheartening.

KiKaL said:
Anyone having trouble with calibration? It seems almost every single time I play this game I have to make sure to recalibrate each controller through the main XMB calibration. Otherwise I can't calibrate them in game at all. It's kind of a pain since this game takes a while to boot up in the first place and then I realize I have to back out of the game and recalibrate each controller and then wait for it to boot again.

Sports Champions doesn't seem to have this problem but The Fight also seems to be much more precise and probably requires a more precise calibration.

I love the game, but I already had a buddy swear off the game just because every time he tried to play he spent 10minutes trying to get it to calibrate

Hmm... I would really like to hear what was happening could you elaborate? I do believe you but I simply haven't run into the issues myself.

Let's break it down into steps which you can comment on?

***By the way... If calibration ever goes WRONG during gameplay or is messed up put your body into the standard chin guard and press CIRCLE for a position reset. The character will be synched to your body after that.

======CALIBRATION STEP BY STEP
1) Camera is plugged in (about what height is the camera compared with your head height?).
2) Game is running you have two Move controllers
3) Starting calibration process it shows you onscreen in black and white
4) You point Right move controller at TV press Move button
--"ding" it accepts right away
--The lighting on screen will be auto adjusted by this first calibration. You should be clearly visible on screen now.
5) You point Left move controller at TV press Move button
6) It should then ask for you to STAB the camera with the controllers like they are tiny knives. You have to stab back and forth a few times.
--Don't stab the TV point the Move balls at the camera and stab the camera.
--After a few motions "ding" it accepts your motion
7) It asks you to hold both arms out holding the move controllers to left and right side
--Push move button and it accepts right away
8) It asks you to step off camera so it can take a picture of the background
--Push move button and it accepts it after a second or so.
9) You go back on camera and it usually says "head tracking blows don't use it"
--That's actually normal but you can get headtracking working if you light up properly
10) It then asks you to Assume the standard chin guard
--push button it accepts it right away.

Bog said:
Picked this up finally. Am I in for some trouble since I couldn't even knock out the guy in the tutorial after 4 tries? That was a little disheartening.

Don't worry a lot of people take some time to get used to how you move and attack.

Its part of the fun of the game getting better step by step.
Soon you'll wonder why you ever had trouble knocking the tutorial guy out.

TuxBobble

Freshmaker said:
For the online, it'd be nice if they offered a neutral stat setting mode for people that just want to fight a decent match without having to grind everything into the 80's.

I think "weighted" stats would be better.

For instance, if everyone's stats were to average out to 25.00 (or some arbitrary number X) but they would be ratios of what they currently are.

So a guy with above average strength and below average speed might wind up with 28 strength and 22 speed, or something like that. But the average of skill points should wind up at the same 25 for both players, whether that means increasing or decreasing to get to them.

BTW, this is my first post here. Got the game last night via GameFly. Played for a while, and could not even complete the training (couldn't finish off the simple opponent in 30 seconds due to his blocking/my missing). I found that I'm aiming my punches poorly due to my perception of the in-screen space. I'll be trying to recalibrate tonight, possibly moving the Eye to get a better view.

I suspect that the problem is with the fact that I lean into my punches too much, and am already tight on space. (And at 6'2" I have enough reach to get outside of the frame pretty easily from where I'm standing) I'll post more feedback tonight, but I wonder if there's still much of an active Lights Out community these days...

KiKaL

Sorry for the late response. After reading the steps I may have found the problem at step 4. I never focused on what hand I did it with. I must have missed that it specified Right vs Left. Well hope that's the case and would make sense why it doesn't always happen.

UntoldDreams said:
======CALIBRATION STEP BY STEP
1) Camera is plugged in (about what height is the camera compared with your head height?).

Camera is on top of TV which would be about 4 1/2 to 5 feet. So when I put distance between me in that tv it's fairly close to head level.

2) Game is running you have two Move controllers

Yes game is running and I have two Move controllers.

3) Starting calibration process it shows you onscreen in black and white
Yep

4) You point Right move controller at TV press Move button
--The lighting on screen will be auto adjusted by this first calibration. You should be clearly visible on screen now.

This actually might be the issue. I don't think I noticed it said a specific hand.

5) You point Left move controller at TV press Move button

Same as above.

6) It should then ask for you to STAB the camera with the controllers like they are tiny knives. You have to stab back and forth a few times.
--Don't stab the TV point the Move balls at the camera and stab the camera.
--After a few motions "ding" it accepts your motion

This is where it sometimes has problems.

7) It asks you to hold both arms out holding the move controllers to left and right side
--Push move button and it accepts right away

Same as above. Sometimes I get here before I can't go farther

8) It asks you to step off camera so it can take a picture of the background
--Push move button and it accepts it after a second or so.

Yep

9) You go back on camera and it usually says "head tracking blows don't use it"
--That's actually normal but you can get headtracking working if you light up properly

Hah unfortunately true

10) It then asks you to Assume the standard chin guard
--push button it accepts it right away.

Sometimes it works and sometimes I can't get it to work.

TuxBobble

You know, I take back a lot of what I said. This game is working great for me now. I finally beat the first training, and then continued on with a LOT of success. I did most types of training, and it helped a bit. But the biggest one was the accuracy training. It didn't really help me hit any more accurately, but it DID make me recognize a big mis-step in my calibration.

The camera was aimed too low so my arms would reach too high for it often, and get out of position/calibration. The problem was, head tracking worked perfectly at that time. Now, after tilting up, my hands stay synced properly, but the head tracking works 0% of the time, lol.

I had to make the tradeoff between good head tracking, and pressing circle to recalibrate every 10-15 seconds in a fight. Unfortunately, head tracking is kaput for now.

Still, it's going a lot better today than it did yesterday. I'm able to semi-consistently land my hits, although blocking still doesn't work as i'd like. the problem is the lighting reflecting off the paint in my room, causing some glare.

Anyway I thought I'd share, but i allegedly expended 200kcal not including the tutorials (again), so yea, decent exercise all things considered.

fionel

I notice that the red light on my camera flashes almost everytime I do a hook. Does it mean my move controller has moved outside of the camera's scanning range?

My punches look pretty accurate when I do the Mitts training but they never come out the same way during the real fights :(

Evolved1

I think you burn a lot more calories than the game says you do...

fionel said:
I notice that the red light on my camera flashes almost everytime I do a hook. Does it mean my move controller has moved outside of the camera's scanning range?

My punches look pretty accurate when I do the Mitts training but they never come out the same way during the real fights :(

Do you have your camera set to wide (twist lens all the way to the right, blue dot)?

Can't imagine your hooks would be so wide as to go out of view...

fionel

recklessmind said:
I think you burn a lot more calories than the game says you do...

Do you have your camera set to wide (twist lens all the way to the right, blue dot)?

Can't imagine your hooks would be so wide as to go out of view...

That was my first thought but yes it is set to wide. So you're not getting any red flashes from the camera when you play?

Evolved1

fionel said:
That was my first thought but yes it is set to wide. So you're not getting any red flashes from the camera when you play?

There's a table my camera sits up on... the front of the table sticks out and will cut off the camera's view of stuff that goes too low. But my actual punches are staying inside the lens view. I box in a real tight form... even when I hook I keep it tight. Hooks from me get their power because I put my body into them more than trying to throw a wide punch that generates power from my arm alone... upercuts are the same... only time I break form is to do the "dirty" fighting motions... because they make you.

This game is still hard for me because I can't move my feet... it's just too wired in my brain not to do it.

The red dot just means it cannot see the ball.

It could be you swing off camera (either pulling back too far behind or side)

It could be during a wide hook you pull back and the line of sight is obscured (your left hand is blocking the camera from seeing your right hand as you sweep your hand)

It could also be that there is a white light glare spot from a lamp there and its bright enough to saturate the camera so it cannot detect the move ball at that one spot.

TuxBobble

As for the hook causing the red light on your camera to go on, I've noticed that I pull my left hand in when I throw a right hook. (The opposite also holds true for me) What happens is that my right hand hooks in front of my left and I believe blocks the camera view.

The other possibility, if you have really poor form (or are really tired) is that you drop your off-hand completely. I noticed one time when I was particularly exhausted, I dropped my left hand in order to swing my body into the hook, and my hand was actually "behind" my body, due to its rotation.

That's about the time when I decided "I've had enough for the night" and called it quits.

As for the calories burned, I'm sure that the number is just a rough estimate, and not particularly accurate based on the way the technology measures it. I'm not familiar with the amount of energy expended by specific actions, so I have no idea if it's even remotely accurate. But in either case, it's definitely something worth taking note of, in my opinion.

The "important thing" for me is consistency. Even if I'm using a flawed scale, the scale itself won't change too much. So if I burn 200 today, and 100 tomorrow, I'll know it was "not as good". Or 400 tomorrow, it was "better". It might not REALLY be 100, 200, or 400, but it's nice to be able to compare to your own previous progress.

For me, I spent all my time on fights 1 & 2 just to get "Nailed it" on them. Have a lot of money left so I might do some heavy bag training later on. I really need to figure out a better environment though because I can't move furniture around in a better way (very small room) and the background/lighting is causing issues for head tracking. Maybe I'll see if I can find a lamp for that. I'll have to see what I can figure out.

recklessmind said:
This game is still hard for me because I can't move my feet... it's just too wired in my brain not to do it.

I think everyone feels the same way about moving your feet.

I actually had to make a barrier wall out of small cardboard boxes to keep me in the same spot. When my foot touched a box I knew I was moving around too much.

Regarding calorie burn? I think the game estimates are actually not that far off

*) A reasonable controlled pace of punching workout on a speed bag for a 200 pound man could hit 10 calories a minute.

Punching lazy for a 90 second match in this game hits 10-14 calories. Seems to be a reasonable estimate.

*) A 200 pound man in a 3 minute boxing sparring match going "all out" would certainly be 5-10 times the energy exertion. Meaning he could burn over 50+ calories a minute easily.

Assuming you are using head tracking in this game and squatting to duck and throw some body blows working your core muscles... I would say its a reasonable estimate again.

Fighting a tough match in this game can certainly go over 50 calories.
Again, not that far off from reality.

GOOD NEWS FROM DEVS - PATCHES INCOMING FOR GAME
(From gamespot forum for The Fight Lights Out)
=============

Hi Guys,

We've been hard at work getting the fitness package finalized for release. This will release alongside a new patch that contains some fixes reported on these very boards.

Stay tuned for the official release on the usual official blogs in the next few weeks. We all appreciate your continued support of the game

Cheers
=============

TuxBobble

UntoldDreams said:
GOOD NEWS FROM DEVS - PATCHES INCOMING FOR GAME

=============

Hi Guys,

We've been hard at work getting the fitness package finalized for release. This will release alongside a new patch that contains some fixes reported on these very boards.

Stay tuned for the official release on the usual official blogs in the next few weeks. We all appreciate your continued support of the game

Cheers
=============

Is that quoted from somewhere? ("these boards" references NeoGAF or...?) If not, link?

Also, I'm not saying the estimates are explicitly too low/too high. I'm just guessing they don't factor in everything. For instance it's hard to get a caloric value from just the 2 Move remotes, but also like you mentioned, there is the possibility of head tracking as well as the (warned against) foot movement. So I definitely think it's a good source of exercise--just don't know if it's "spot-on" (whether it be high or low).

The other thing I'd like to ask the devs (but I don't know where to ask) is whether or not calorie count is based off of the input fighter weight. i.e. I entered MY height/weight for my fighter's weight. I wonder if this is factored in the kcal calculation, or if it is strictly off the "average" height/weight formula...

TuxBobble said:
Is that quoted from somewhere? ("these boards" references NeoGAF or...?) If not, link?

Ooops sorry its from the Gamespot forum for The Fight.

(Btw that post corresponds with some of the past emails I've had with the devs at Coldwood Interactive so its on the up and up.)

Deadstar

I place it above the tv as well and head tracking usually always works. I have one light on the ceiling with 4 60 watt bulbs.

Kinan

So, finally got the game - now thats' a man's fitness programm! Really good workout, but, similar to Sports Champions, the risk to strained tendons/muscle pull is pretty high.

Also I wanted to say that the game looks very, very good in 3D. It is also much easier to judge distance, which is exactly what is crucial in this game.

Still do not have an optimal calibration routine worked out. So far getting either left or right hand not tracked 100% properly. And head tracking doesnt work for some reason, even though I've installed new lights and now every other PS Eye working flawlessly. They should just make the camera working with 30fps for head tracking stuff - it will give much clearer picture.

I place the camera above the TV.

It has a better view of the move controllers at that height because when it is below the TV sometimes one hand blocks the view of the other hand.

==HeadTracking
I have the "light equivalent" of 500 watts in my room when everything is on and headtracking is pretty flawless. I actually use those low wattage power saving fluorescent bulbs but each one is still bright like a 100 watt bulb.

I experienced my first weird calibration moment. Since I've been playing this game for a couple months without a problem it was quite odd.

I've done the calibration without problem the same way "hundreds" of times and it simply would not work this particular time. It kept failing to recognize my calibration motions.

==MY CALIBRATION FIX
*) I held the Move controller Playstation Button down until the "turn off controller" menu popped up and turned it off.
*) I turned off both controllers that way.
*) I then turned them both back on by pushing the Playstation button and continue with calibration. It worked fine I didn't even quit the game.

Top Bottom