• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant |OT| Co-Hop? Bunny Hop!

cormack12

Gold Member
Free-to-play // Cross-play // Cross-progression
WCXXGHR.png

aECMtw3.png

FUCXuGa.png

218uA4E.png
Q9kztZL.png
wpdf0uD.png

mOMX6qq.png

cEZUg6U.png

[ ROSTER ] - Click for details

Last edited:
Everything looks and feels generic when I played the beta but have downloaded it on PS5 to check out the full version. I hate Warframe style progression so not sure I will play it long anyway but keen to try something new anyway.

winjer

This is the second game to have FSR3 Frame Generation on consoles. If I'm not mistaken.
I wonder if it's still FSR3.0 or the updated 3.1

Glad to see an OT posted already. I'm really looking forward to getting into this. I played the beta and thought it was pretty good.

Zannegan

Gold Member
Roster confuses the hell out of me. You start with a bunch of Warframe-esque scifi badasses in various states of undress. Then, suddenly, Aragorn.

Characters look like Destiny knockoffs.

But I have it downloaded on my X, will give it a whirl. Would love a good looter shooter, haven’t played one since Outriders.

cormack12 cormack12 Would you mind adding the text below or something like it to the top of the OT? I think centering the text would look best, but whatever formatting you like is fine.

Free-to-play - Cross-play - Cross-progression

cormack12

Gold Member
cormack12 cormack12 Would you mind adding the text below or something like it to the top of the OT? I think centering the text would look best, but whatever formatting you like is fine.

Free-to-play - Cross-play - Cross-progression
I will do a graphic later. Only got my phone cos I'm in a seedy trailer park waiting to get my gland gobbled.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Some important info to manage expectations, for people who are looking forward to playing as Bunny:

Just so people don't get the wrong impression, while Bunny can be unlocked earlier in the game, her "ultimate" version outfit is sold separately as a paid cosmetic / "ultimate" version of the character. There will be a way to unlock the ultimate version of the character without paying, but it will likely take a lot more time and effort than a standard character unlock.

Also, Bunny is not the protagonist. When you start the game, you can choose from three starting characters, and she is not an option. In the beta, she was the first new descendant you could play after collecting the parts required to build her, pretty much like Warframe. The full version will likely do the same, and her character will probably introduce players to how you earn additional Descendants.

Skipped all the cutscenes, blew through the tutorial and jumped right into the first couple of super short missions. Gunplay is fun, but the menu lingo complexity is confusing and off putting.

PS5 here :

- Sound mixing is horrible, no "oomph", no bass, everything sounds tiny like it's coming out of a can.
- HDR implementation is shit, you get to decide between a washout image or a black crushed one, the in-game sliders are shit.
- Shooting feels weightless and without "oomph"
- Melee feels extremely weightless and also without "oomph"
- the grappling hook mechanic and generally speaking, the mobility actions/system feels tacked on.
- Enemies/AI is braindead

Graphic options :
-You can turn RT on only on Fidelity mode.
- Can't turn RT on with Frame generation set to ON.
-Balanced mode looks ok but is 40fps-ish, a no-go for shooters.
- Performance mode looks kinda rough with artifacts galore during movement/character hair especially with FSR turned on.

Nothing much has changed between the beta and the full release unfortunately.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Played a couple of missions and it's decent so far

Haven't looked into the monetization yet but I guess it has to do with upgrading / dps?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Played a couple of missions and it's decent so far

Haven't looked into the monetization yes but I guess it has to do with upgrading / dps?
Looks to be like unlocking other descedants quicker, cosmetics and styles for the character (e.g. shark head, hairstyles etc)

cormack12

Gold Member
DGWufPh.jpeg

I guess everybody started with the waifu...

Anyway, I played 2 hours and this is actually pretty good, basically Warframe meets Destiny.

Since I love both, I think I will play this a lot. The only bad thing I found so far is that there are some frame drops on the ps5 version, hopefully they can fix that.
Lol, I capped exactly the same earlier. Hilarious, at least they can't say main character male matters any more

Rickyiez

Can we please have such cool looking and designed characters in western RPGs / Actoin RPGs please? They don't even have to be half-naked even. Thank you.
star-wars-outlaw-reveals-release-47ca2a7a-image-47ca2a5e.jpg

Characters look like Destiny knockoffs.

But I have it downloaded on my X, will give it a whirl. Would love a good looter shooter, haven’t played one since Outriders.
Destiny characters dont even have faces , I'm not sure what you're smoking

DGWufPh.jpeg

I guess everybody started with the waifu...

Anyway, I played 2 hours and this is actually pretty good, basically Warframe meets Destiny.

Since I love both, I think I will play this a lot. The only bad thing I found so far is that there are some frame drops on the ps5 version, hopefully they can fix that.
That was me as well. I only play as waifus in this game :messenger_savoring: .

I was playing as Viessa until I unlocked Bunny, and now I'm playing both girls :messenger_smiling_hearts:

It's a very pretty looking game on PC maxed out. I don't think the betas had raytracing but the full version of the game does and it looks really nice. I played for a few hours enough to unlock Bunny and the controls feel great just like they did in the beta and the framerate is very smooth. Looking forward to playing this on my PS5 later today and seeing how it stacks up compared to the beta.
GRe9Qh0WkAAmLmE

GRfAQAqb0AA-oTL

Aion002

That was me as well. I only play as waifus in this game :messenger_savoring: .

I was playing as Viessa until I unlocked Bunny, and now I'm playing both girls :messenger_smiling_hearts:

It's a very pretty looking game on PC maxed out. I don't think the betas had raytracing but the full version of the game does and it looks really nice. I played for a few hours enough to unlock Bunny and the controls feel great just like they did in the beta and the framerate is very smooth. Looking forward to playing this on my PS5 later today and seeing how it stacks up compared to the beta.
GRe9Qh0WkAAmLmE

GRfAQAqb0AA-oTL
Bunny seems cool, I am one mission from unlocking her. But I really want to try Sharen and Gley too.

Top Bottom