• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Sanjay

I wanted Iris to live but she died on screen, bringing her back with what ever stupid or great way would be weak and shit.

Stupid Wells and annoying british guy were AWOL at the death scene so I'm sure they got something cooked up.

The way I'm looking at it now is, this moment will define Barry to be a true proper hero, one that isn't selfish and petty. That's my justification in my mind to justify everything stupid I see.

Losing Iris will not take him in a downward spiral giving him emotions of an evil person. He's a fucking hero, but couldn't stop his mum, dad and now wife from dying and he's the bloody one that killed his own wife to make himself suffer so he could live and be borned. Fuck these writers. Just give me comedy and musical episodes next season.

Is this malarkey from the comics books?

Seeing Iris die is basically the guarantee she'll survive. It's the classic bait and switch.

Which is obvious so killing her still is the real shock.

Called it.
Probably.

Everyone already knew that anything Barry knew Savitar would know, so HR revealing Iris's location even to the real Barry would be an impossibly ridiculous blunder, therefore HR's "mistake" must be part of the good guys' secret plan, right?

If it were a plan his blame scene with Cisco makes no sense.

At least they answered the HR holo face thing everyone was discussing...she knows he from another Earth.

Kuhn

Maybe I am missing something but if Savitar knows every new information that Barry get to know, and he needs Barry to create a time remnant so he can exist which means cause and effect applies to him, right?

Then why in the hell didn't Barry shoot himself with the time bazooka?

ShadyK54

Just watched the episode as I couldn't watch it live with everyone.

Love seeing Snart show up in any Arrowverse show; the HAM is sooooo good. Also, I can't believe the Holo-Pen/transmogifier was remembered by the writers this episode, like holy shit.

The future refusing to change for Barry was kind of expected, but also kind of unexpected. Either way, I'm in the camp that believes that they're doing a sort of bait and switch with Iris & that it will be revealed the Iris that was stabbed by Savitar wasn't the real Iris.

My guess is that it's H.R. using the Holo-Pen thing because why bother reintroducing it other than "Hey, we remembered!"?

Edit: Shoutout to Savitar's lucky calcified Speed Force energy gem.

Mariolee

Maybe I am missing something but if Savitar knows every new information that Barry get to know, and he needs Barry to create a time remnant so he can exist which means cause and effect applies to him, right?

Then why in the hell didn't Barry shoot himself with the time bazooka?

Whats the point of saving Iris if Barry doesn't live either?

Dereck

What is the significance of this shot

nxvqbLj.png

Endings like that feel cheap in this show. Like the whole emotional sell of iris' death when she's like 95% certain to survive by the end of the next episode

Fun episode though, despite how stupid team flash is. Especially when the words "Argus facility has a power dampener" are uttered and nobody bats an eye about how big of a game changer that is in delaying Savitar's plan lol

Captain Cold is great. Loved that jaws line referencing the Cgi budget too haha

ShadyK54

What is the significance of this shot

nxvqbLj.png

I was going to bring this up, too. Wouldn't doubt they somehow find an opening while fighting with Savitar & use the piece to stab him or something.

Edit: ^ He ran back in time to 1892, not just to Siberia and back.

I was only half watching but 1. Is Argus really able to dampen Barry's powers and 2. If so, it's interesting they can do that but lack the technology to jam Barry's radio signal to Cisco

ZeroX03

Banned
I was only half watching but 1. Is Argus really able to dampen Barry's powers and 2. If so, it's interesting they can do that but lack the technology to jam Barry's radio signal to Cisco

Power dampening has been around since the first season, it'd make sense they'd have some of the tech that STAR labs has.

Nabs

Seems she's really gone, how the hell are they gonna bring ger back?

1) They showed that the face/body gadget could work between genders
2) HR cried about being worthless and all that
3) Savitar left Iris on the ground before finally killing her. Left an opening to swap in HR.
4) RIP HR.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wally looking a lot like Lewis Hamilton these days.

edit: How long does it take Barry to run to Siberia and back???

At his normal top speed (not estimating based off of his speed versus Zoom), about 30 minutes or so. If we use Zoom speed, maybe 3 minutes.

Calcified Speed Force? That's their explanation for the Philosopher's Stone?

So Savitar was using the speed force to get people their memories and powers of Flashpoint?

Calcified Speed Force? That's their explanation for the Philosopher's Stone?

So Savitar was using the speed force to get people their memories and powers of Flashpoint?

Speed Force stone recreates the particle accelerator effects while also being infused with.... Speed Force? I think that's how it works.

sirap

Im kinda ok with Iris staying dead at least until the end of the season. Bring another version of Iris from Earth-27 or whatever if you want to keep Patton on the show.

Please...no more time travel shenanigans.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I mean, are you gonna run dampeners everywhere? And power them? Savitar just needs to take the party a foot outside whatever zone you've set up.

Yeah the Stone will still allow him to use his powers. He also kind of, sort of has a suit of armor that is impenetrable unless you are Deadshot or Deathstroke and can target his weak spots with precision.

Missiles or rockets won't work, well uh... because Crisco already said that ARGUS has some tough ass defenses for a terrorist attack.

Magwik

Banned
"hey Lila can we invite an evil version of myself to your facility? By the way he beats my ass every time we fight, what's that about not trusting me?"

Top Bottom