• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Nolan.

The problem is that last year they didn't give him a penalty for doing almost the same thing to Vettel.

Maybe the rules changed between then and now but this doesn't feel good. However if Alonso hadn't turned left and crashed into Vettel it would have ended it exactly like last week when Hamilton didn't turned away from Grosjean.

I'm no Vettel fan but I think it was unfair

There has been a rule change. Something about leaving room for a car in the corners. Don't know the exact rule.

Wasn't a rule change, they were just clarifying what was already in the regulations. The clarification was:

"any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way, the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason."

Charlie also added: "For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion'."

Going by that I have to agree that a penalty was probably justified, but it does seem harsh considering what happened in the exact same place last year.

Bo-Locks

Alonso is a sitting duck. His tyres are going to give out eventually and Perez will hunt him down. Massa should protect his podium place though.

Wow, Perez is certain to take 2nd now.

untitled-190vz69.gif

Top Bottom