• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Will the penalize Vettel for that? Pretty sure he completely left the track to make that overtake.

The precedents they've set this year say yes.

As for their being two white lines, it has to be the line closest to the track, as that's the line that all the curbs are aligned to.

edit: although giving the position back will nullify it. He'll probably still get a talking to after the race though.

Dilly

Banned
Vettel's yelling and agressive driving on the track is the main example why he needs a year like Hamilton in 2009 and Alonso in 2008/2009 before his third world title.

Obviously he won't.

ramparter

Banned
There are places on the track that cars pass over blue lines anyway. I don't think it's very clear that Vettel's move was illegal. Anyway it's good he gave it back, I wouldn't want to see him get penalised for that.

Vettel 23 seconds behind the leader and he doesn't have to pit again? He's looking good for a strong finish if he makes the tyres last.

Alonso needs to get past Maldonado quick.

Mohonky

Vettel's yelling and agressive driving on the track is the main example why he needs a year like Hamilton in 2009 and Alonso in 2008/2009 before his third world title.

Obviously he won't.

I reckon he would absolutely self destruct. He gets pissy about some smaller things, watching him drive from the back you can see he gets frustrated easily.

Lach

Yeah that one corner where everyone goes wide is infuriating.

There are some areas where the stewarts alow them to cross the line, like the exit of Ascari at Monza or the pit exit in korea.

[edit] I always question why they don't just move the line..

Dead Man

So many people driving outside the lines at other points.

There are places on the track that cars pass over blue lines anyway. I don't think it's very clear that Vettel's move was illegal. Anyway it's good he gave it back, I wouldn't want to see him get penalised for that.

You can drive out there, you just can't pass out there. Same as the grass other places. It is a bit more obviously a problem when the track is just painted lines and there is time to be gained by driving off it.

Omiee

Verge could not have given vettel more space.

NOOOOOOOOOO HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALONSO ON THE PODIUM, KIMI FOR THE WINNNN

Top Bottom