• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Adamm

Both red bull tyres are are a mess, Webber looking at the both in great detail.

But anyway, see ya in 5ish hours - time for sleep!

WuU8rIX.png

Shaneus

Wow vettels tires look a mess!

Could be interesting tommorow
Did they show any of Webbers? Is it likely that Vettel was a little harsher?

Fuck, that was an exciting quali. Concerned about Perez and the Lotus Renaults didn't light up like I'd hoped. Still, happy with Webber being on second, should've been P1 but his third sector was .600 of Vettel's. 'Grats to Massa as well. Hope he has a good year.

jey_16

Banned
Alonso wasn't using DRS on his fast lap for some reason, anyway great result for RBR but I'm happy with the Ferrari result, could have been much worse. Lets hope for a good start!

DBT85

Incredible how Rosberg just dropped off once it was slick tyres.

Please to Hamilton in the top 3.

EDIT: Button "the rears are destroyed"

Omiee

reasserting dominance. and one day I'm going to chop of Vettels finger.

wauw.

Hamilton made the right call by jumping out of that sinking chip. I cant imagine the honda engines being better than the mercedes engine.

Hamilton will challange webber and vettel at the first corner. You just know alonso is going to win some places. Leave those ''season is over'' comments away from the discussions.

This is just the first race.

DBT85

I cant imagine the honda engines being better than the mercedes engine.

Didn't you hear? The Honda engine gets a +10% Horsepower modifier because McLaren have trained "Nostalgia" to lvl 10.

Footballfan, please post something incorrect so that someone can avatar quote you and I can laugh.

FootballFan

That was quite entertaining. Was very impressed with Hamilton and Massa, race should be interesting. The first lap will be crucial here, if it`s raining expect quite a few DNF's also.

Btw. What was wrong with Button, his car seemed like it was driving on ice.

My god, McLaren is a joke. Total joke. I thought Hamilton had made a huge error but wow, was I wrong.

Someone was telling me that McLaren are shit because Hamilton left, he is incredibly hands on and technical with the engineers and gives them amazing feedback which allows them to change and adjust the car during testing and practice.

Nicktendo86

Someone was telling me that McLaren are shit because Hamilton left, he is incredibly hands on and technical with the engineers and gives them amazing feedback which allows them to change and adjust the car during testing and practice.
They shouldn't rely so much on a driver like that, when engineers can't understand why a car is acting the way it is you have problems.

Mastah

Red Bull are close to 2011 level of performance, almost 1 second (!!!) of advantage in S3 alone. This car has ridiculous downforce advantage, so Gary Anderson was spot on saying during Jerez test it looks like 10% over the rest. It's driving like on rails, only reliability or accident can take away titles from them. I have no hope, they never ever slowed down in comparison to other teams during a season, always staying on the same level or gaining pace, so why would it happen now?

Roll on 2014 :(

Berto

So Mclaren lost 3 seconds during the winter.... ok. Seriously, just bring the 27 back which will manage to fight for points, forget this season and focus on 2014 with the new regulations.

Omiee

I know you genuinely mean it, but it looks like a one team race, with a three team race for second.

I think its way to early to say things like that. The conditions have been changing all weekend. Mercedes has shown some good pace and so has ferrari. If mclaren improve their car with upgrades in the upcoming races i can see it being a 5 team race.

As of now it looks like a battle between rbr, ferrari, mercedes and lotus for wins and podiums.

could be an exciting season.

Just look at last year. Mclaren were fast as fuck in the first few races, but we had 7 different winners.

Top Bottom