• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Especially to a rival who makes engines the season before major engine reg changes. Fucking idiots.

Oh no, but apparently Hamilton is a cock and Jenson is an angel, praise be the Whitmarsh for making McLaren so awesome.

Bring back Ron Dennis. Whitmarsh and his golden boy can fuck off.

Igo

I think its way to early to say things like that. The conditions have been changing all weekend. Mercedes has shown some good pace and so has ferrari. If mclaren improve their car with upgrades in the upcoming races i can see it being a 5 team race.

As of now it looks like a battle between rbr, ferrari, mercedes and lotus for wins and podiums.

could be an exciting season.

Just look at last year. Mclaren were fast as fuck in the first few races, but we had 7 different winners.
Only because of the tyre lottery and McLaren's incompetence. This year the tyres are shit for everybody and Red Bull won't throw away results the way McLaren consistently did.

Someone was telling me that McLaren are shit because Hamilton left, he is incredibly hands on and technical with the engineers and gives them amazing feedback which allows them to change and adjust the car during testing and practice.

That someone must've forgot about the MP4-24...

Mclaren will win multiple races this season but the championship is already over.

That someone must've forgot about the MP4-24...

Mclaren will win multiple races this season but the championship is already over.

You mean the car that started the season at the back of the grid and then was winning races and getting podiums in the second half of the season? Also, the reason McLaren (and Ferrari) were so shit that season was because of the regulations change and the fact that they were both fighting so hard to win the 2008 WDC that they neglected 2009 development in favour of getting maximum performance out of the 2008 car.

I highly doubt it. Whitmarsh has fucked McLaren.

Massa

Happy for Hamilton and Massa. Finally F1 is back.

Someone was telling me that McLaren are shit because Hamilton left, he is incredibly hands on and technical with the engineers and gives them amazing feedback which allows them to change and adjust the car during testing and practice.

The driver can provide great feedback for sure, but at the end of the day it's the engineers that will either fix it or screw it up.

I think they rely more on telemetry than driver feedback to be honest.

I don't doubt it. The someone I was talking to, who is very informed about this stuff (my old uni professor for computational fluid dynamics), put it in a way that the driver feedback makes the last 5% and that's what McLaren are missing this season. He said it looks like there are a lot of basic things they are getting wrong with the car that last season they fixed throughout testing.

He gives me great betting tips every season...

Dead Man

Good lord the amount of cross promotion and the blatant advertising for the cars in the celebrity challenge is getting a bit much.

DBT85

So Mclaren lost 3 seconds during the winter.... ok. Seriously, just bring the 27 back which will manage to fight for points, forget this season and focus on 2014 with the new regulations.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Hamilton making the jump. He would have known that they were planning on binning the racing winning 27 in favour of a brand new car which was only going to be of any use for one season, while RB would iterate once again.

At lest going to Merc and them having a new car was almost a cert to be better than the old one, since the old one was a crock of shite.

Jensen

Oh no, but apparently Hamilton is a cock and Jenson is an angel, praise be the Whitmarsh for making McLaren so awesome.

Bring back Ron Dennis. Whitmarsh and his golden boy can fuck off.
Ron Dennis backed the wrong driver in 2007, had the opportunity to keep Alonso and the Santander sponsorship instead of his golden boy Hamilton who in the last 5 years has managed to win 1 WDC (where he won less races than Massa) and finished outside the top 3 for the following years.

By all rights Kimi should've had the championships in 03 and 05, had McLaren not spent all their time chasing a disastrous car and Mercedes stopped planting explosives in their engines respectively. It's really irrelevant to the topic at hand, but I'm still bitter.

Igo

Ron Dennis backed the wrong driver in 2007, had the opportunity to keep Alonso and the Santander sponsorship instead of his golden boy Hamilton who in the last 5 years has managed to win 1 WDC (where he won less races than Massa) and finished outside the top 3 for the following years.
You don't keep a driver who threatens to go to the FIA unless he's given preferential treatment. Who knows what he'll demand next.

Also, that Spa decision was bs. It still irks me whenever I think back on it. I'm so glad Max is gone.

h3ro

By all rights Kimi should've had the championships in 03 and 05, had McLaren not spent all their time chasing a disastrous car and Mercedes stopped planting explosives in their engines respectively. It's really irrelevant to the topic at hand, but I'm still bitter.

So am I. Screw Ilmor.

dubc35

just finished watching qualy, not too surprised at the outcome but whatever, hopefully the race is exciting....and vettel's alternator goes out

TylerD

Just popping in to say. Nice job NBC Sports. This is good stuff and light years ahead of Speed. I guess they should be showing qualifying in a bit.

paskowitz

My jaw dropped when he yelled "This car is mine!" as he pulled Hamilton out of his car and drove off. Can't believe the FIA let that stand.

tumblr_me5v5ts3Xw1rn7420o1_1280.jpg

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Fuel system problem in Hulk's Sauber, there is possibility he won't start the race :(

Bah. Gutted. I was looking forward to seeing how well he'd do today. He's a great driver and I'm a huge fan of Sauber.

I'm hoping for a Webber podium today and a good result for Rosberg and Hamilton.

Mastah

Confirmed, he's out. Sauber's incompetency and reliabity strikes again. I was afraid he will get similar treatment as Checo received last year, when he lost tons of points without his fault, and so far it's even worse :( What a shame, it would be great to see what he can achieve starting from P11 on fresh tyres.

Lach

Just saw the last 3 minutes of Q3. Will be interesting to see how long the Top 10 can race.

Hulk definatly not starting..

Dead Man

Confirmed, he's out. Sauber's incompetency and reliabity strikes again. I was afraid he will get similar treatment as Checo received last year, when he lost tons of points without his fault, and so far it's even worse :( What a shame, it would be great to see what he can achieve starting from P11 on fresh tyres.

I don't know if it's because he's being treated any particular way, it's just middling teams tend to have middling reliability. It is a shame.

Lach

Perez lost more points to his own overconfidence and bad luck last year....

Mastah

Perez lost more points to his own overconfidence and bad luck last year....

Nope. Not repairing suspension in Monaco, when according to the team he had a shot at Top 3 in quali and the race is not bad luck, it's incompetence at the highest level. And that's only one weekend of failures, be it technical or strategical, from Sauber.

Hackbert

good morning/day/evening F1GAF.... here we go. Wide awake and happy that the season break is finally over. Bring it Mercs and Lotus

Top Bottom