• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

malyce

Yoooooooooo Ric is gonna be a fucking problem next year once Renault gets their shit sorted out. Ham got him even with the lock up.. DAMN IT!

Wow. When ROS got provisional pole, you could hear crickets. When HAM beat that time, fans erupted.

Poor Rosberg.

I haven't been watching F1 for very long but how common is this kind of thing? I don't remember there ever being a F1 title contender getting snubbed by the fans like this.

TCRS

Banned
I haven't been watching F1 for very long but how common is this kind of thing? I don't remember there ever being a F1 title contender getting snubbed by the fans like this.

rosberg never was a fan favourite, too boring, too clean, a princeling. and now with these crashes and rivalry with hamilton he has made himself even more unpopular.

Mostly Vettel getting that treatment (everywhere). Lewis got it in Italy, Alonso in Britain because they are star drivers of the opposing team.

Rosberg is probably the only one with Vettel to be dissed at every track.

Ricciardo got the loudest cheers though

Probably lots of Aussies there given proximity. But RIC is quickly becoming a fan favorite.

Great session! Tomorrow should be incredibly interesting with the huge tyre time gaps. Crickets for Rosberg vs a pop and mega-pop for Hamilton and Ricciardo is hilarious (but expected at this point).
Anyone know what the long run paces looked like?
Hamilton was ~0.5 faster, but it's hard to see a consistency when so many laps disrupted here and to be fair Rosberg ran more laps.

Nooooo Kimi.

poor kimi....

Ahh Kimi out. :/

Kimi is just unlucky as fuck this season.

Obviously the one time Kimi is fast his car has problems, obviously.

Kimi can create a yellow flag...

What happened? I was half asleep..

That's how exciting this season is for me :|

Spa and Monza would like to have a word with you.

Red Bull had very good pace against Williams in both races (actually faster if it wasn't for starting position in Monza). Mercedes just has superior aero/chassis to pretty much everyone, and that includes RBR.

Gap is clearly not as bad as at the beginning of the season.

Ty4on

Poor guy. And I was just about to post "I have no excuses for Kimi anymore" ..

Next year.. NEXT YEEEAR!!!

He mentioned on the warm up lap that the engine responded poorly and was asked to stop the car, but luckily managed to get it into the pits. Getting into Q3 (and setting a lap time) is better than nothing.

He mentioned on the warm up lap that the engine responded poorly and was asked to stop the car, but luckily managed to get it into the pits. Getting into Q3 (and setting a lap time) is better than nothing.

Being a Kimi fan is the toughest thing on earth.. His championship winning year reminds me of the 18 hours I spent with my wife while she was in labour.. And just like my marriage, that was probably the only happy moment..

Addnan

After this long we were finally going to see Kimi vs Alonso and then Ferrari have to go and fuck it all up. I just caught up with quali.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Quite small gap between 1st and 9th place, but this is normal for this track and due to softest tyre compound, on which Mercedes can fall into heat issues and they are not so fast on them (totally different story on harder compounds) . Felipe could be dangerous tomorrow with his blazing start. But we will see SC for sure.

Next year.. NEXT YEEEAR!!!

This is mantra of every Ferrari fan for another decade :p

Tomorrow should be a good three way fight between the Mercs, Red Bulls, and Ferraris. Not much between them in qualifying, I think the difference will come down to tyre management and pit work. If the Mercs trip over each other, I hope Vettel or Alonso gets the win. Ricciardo is in a great position to sneak one up on Nico, who is likely to be preoccupied with Lewis.

Shaneus

For those interested, the WEC 6hrs of COTA is 30 minutes in. Everyting you need to know is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comments/2gz7wx/official_round_4_6_hours_of_circuit_of_the
Yes! I'm in the middle of building a HTPC/NAS and this is what it was built for!!!
Edit: That "official" stream... I thought they were charging for access to streams after the first few races? Or was that just for the mobile apps?

Also, only an hour left? I got too excited for (almost) nothing :(

Gruso

Ah well, the last hour is always good. And you'll be set up for next time! Having a full blown HTPC is the best for motorsport. Apart from the obvious stream wrangling benefits, you can also do kooky shit like run live timing on an adjacent CRT for that old school pit wall feel :D

arCg1OTl.jpg

If you're planning to run XBMC, forget all the flakey video addons and run Chrome Launcher (IMO).

Shaneus

I'm running Mediaportal, but I've heard solid things for XBMC, even on Windows. Might have a tinker with that this arvo.

Only just realising that on top of the TV/Movie/Music stuff I can do, the F1 streaming will be miles ahead of what the PS3 BBC app could do. As well as other livestreaming stuff.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes calculated that HAM and ROS were 33,5 cm apart yesterday :p

The shit engine they developed for this season is going to set them back for at least another two years.

Yeah, that is very plausible scenario.
They will go into complete engine redesign, to make it almost identical to Mercedes one, which could lead into mechanical failures during season-with this years engine Ferrari went with reliability in mind. They should focus on shitty ERS system that is problematic on every race weekend in this season.

And we must not forget that Renault will probably go into similar waters, Mercedes wont sleep on this years achievements...

Hasney

Possible gearbox issue for Rosberg. Tried changing the steering wheel as it might be an electrical glitch.

EDIT: Left the garage because he has to for the time, so hopefully it did help.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Possible gearbox issue for Rosberg. Tried changing the steering wheel as it might be an electrical glitch.

EDIT: Left the garage because he has to for the time, so hopefully it did help.

Looks like issues with his steering wheel, because his shifting looked ok on outlap

Hasney

Horner: This is a great thrack... Shame you were too old to race here [Martin]

Brundell: Yeah, I am. Shame you weren't fast enough to make it to F1!

Gold.

Looks like issues with his steering wheel, because his shifting looked ok on outlap

Ah good. Want to see a really fun first corner at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom