• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igo

Really unfortunate for Bottas. Tyre's give up with half a lap remaining.

When's the last time we saw tyres run down to the carcass? At least 3 years I think.

untitled-17pye1e.gif

nny

"Thank you for your hard work, it's starting to really pay off"

Lewis admiting to sabotage from his side of the garage!!

:O

Shaneus

JEV gets best finish in F1, fired next year for a 16 year old.
It sucks, but the team really is basically a training ground for future RBR drivers and at his age, probably not much chance of him improving that much. Don't forget how brutal STR were when axing Buemi and Algie.

Zeknurn

Well it was great to see Vettel and Ricciardo in a much more even battle for the first time of the season. Hopefully this means that Vettels woes are over for the rest of the season.

Race was a snoozefest.

Shaneus

That's the sort of clip you'd expect from a video game, with the fireworks. Top work this weekend, Sunhi!

Well it was great to see Vettel and Ricciardo in a much more even battle for the first time of the season. Hopefully this means that Vettels woes are over for the rest of the season.

Race was a snoozefest.
Danny had power issues ;)

And didn't Vettel have a third different chassis or something?

Pretty boring race. And Vettel should have let Danny pass for the championship.
Should that have been a thing? I mean, probably... and could've been done whilst holding on from Alonso and not looking deliberate, but remember... no team orders.

lol, and Danny gets the biggest cheer! Fantastic.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Boring race? What.

Maybe not in overtakes but you had one guy in a car pushing like a madman to make a race strategy work.
Nearly 20 laps of pure racing perfection from Hamilton.

Mohonky

It seriously is, from being 0.100s faster yesterday on the qualifying to be 2 seconds faster today, incredible.

It is, it confuses me. They are mildly quicker in qualifying, then come race pace when they really need to go all out, they are massively fast. Granted, fresher tyres etc but we've seen it a few times now where on the track, push comes to shove the Merc just turns into a rocket ship like they find an extra 100hp and more grip.

TCRS

Banned
you guys are easily bored. I don't think you've ever really seen a boring race from the Schumacher era. This was pretty exciting imo.

Okay! So 5 races to go and we're going to essentially start the drivers' championship from scratch. I'm okay with this. Karma has equaled itself out (mostly).

Yeah, so, no excuse to not have a straight-up fair fight the rest of the way. What's the last race where there was no qualifying dramas, tech issues, incidents or retirements between the Mercedes? Um... Austria? Good grief.
It is, it confuses me. They are mildly quicker in qualifying, then come race pace when they really need to go all out, they are massively fast. Granted, fresher tyres etc but we've seen it a few times now where on the track, push comes to shove the Merc just turns into a rocket ship like they find an extra 100hp and more grip.
Trying to explain race pace and race trim versus what stuff the teams experiment with and test in practice and what they do for qualifying is freaking complicated. There's no shame in being confused.

In this case I think the Red Bull was lower on downforce to take advantage of the incredibly weird ratios they put on their gearboxes which works well in qualifying but hurt acceleration when the car has fuel in it and means they work the tires a bit harder.

Shaneus

Have to wonder if Vettel didn't force Riccardo out at the start whether Danny would've finished second.

Haha, crowd favourite Ricciardo. People's champion.

Glad EJ asked that question. Understandable. Danny not being overly happy about that, which is fair enough.

hamchan

Have to wonder if Vettel didn't force Riccardo out at the start whether Danny would've finished second.

Haha, crowd favourite Ricciardo. People's champion.

Well probably, but then Ricciardo got a worse start than Vettel so that's fair enough.

What really held him up a lot was Alonso giving a position back to Vettel but not to Ricciardo.

Ty4on

*Shivers*

I rarely watched them because I was so young.
Pretty much. No one over takin Schuey was a given, no DRS etc, lots of aero downforce....it was like follow the leader.
I forgot about the aero.
In 2002 Schumacher won the championship in the 11th of 17 races. It was in the middle of july.
And to think Riccardo still has a chance...

I just remember Alonso winning being a huge surprise. A magazine I read before the season start even had 10 reasons why Shumacher would win which was fun to read mid season as a Renault fan :p

Cuddler

I wouldn't be too sursprised if Mercedes usually doesn't run at their best to preserve their cars.

malyce

It's the inverse of last year when Vettel had a 2+ second per lap advantage over the rest of the field here. Funny looking back at it now.

Good podium. Everyone was happy and the crowd gave them all a nice pop. They all earned it. 28 laps on super softs for Hamilton and 38 on the softs for Ricciardo.
I wouldn't be too sursprised if Mercedes usually doesn't run at their best to preserve their cars.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis having to pull away after the safety car today might be the first time all year they've actually turned the car up to 100% during a race. Barely 2 laps after the pass he was asking to turn the engine down.

Shaneus

Well probably, but then Ricciardo got a worse start than Vettel so that's fair enough.

What really held him up a lot was Alonso giving a position back to Vettel but not to Ricciardo.
Yeah, I think you might be right :/ We'll need to watch the replay. Shame that any kind of a penalty wouldn't make a difference to anyone right now.

Wonder if Alonso knew he probably should've given back two spots?

Good podium. Everyone was happy and the crowd gave them all a nice pop. They all earned it. 28 laps on super softs for Hamilton and 38 on the softs for Ricciardo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis having to pull away after the safety car today might be the first time all year they've actually turned the car up to 100% during a race. Barely 2 laps after the pass he was asking to turn the engine down.

I think we had both Mercedes at their true pace at Bahrain, when they pulled a ridiculous gap within few laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom