• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Was a good race for the championship, glad Lewis' car held up well until the finish.

Would prefer both Mercedes drivers to fight the championship out on the track from now till the end though.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Wait, did GUT raced with glasses? Could be issue with contact lenses - majority of wearers have issues with bright lights at night when driving with contacts on (like me). Looks like GUT had to use glasses today.

Addnan

UEezOEjl.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After rosberg dropped out, I couldn't bear to actually watch the race so checked the result first. Now I can watch and enjoy with less stress.

Good result for Hamilton - 7 wins Vs 4 for rosberg, but still only 3 points in the lead. That rosberg consistency with more second places and one less DNF.

After rosberg dropped out, I couldn't bear to actually watch the race so checked the result first. Now I can watch and enjoy with less stress.

Good result for Hamilton - 7 wins Vs 4 for rosberg, but still only 3 points in the lead. That rosberg consistency with more second places and one less DNF.

What consistency are you referring to exactly? Reliability?

John_B

Not an easy second half of the season for Rosberg. Got pummeled by his bosses and all F1 fans for his move at Spa. Was properly mauled at Monza by a faster Hamilton. And today got his piggy bank of WDC cushion points smashed to pieces in Singapore.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts. I doubt he will be able to edge Hamilton on pure form. Reliability will likely be the deciding factor.

Not an easy second half of the season for Rosberg. Got pummeled by his bosses and all F1 fans for his move at Spa. Was properly mauled at Monza by a faster Hamilton. And today got his piggy bank of WDC cushion points smashed to pieces in Singapore.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts. I doubt he will be able to edge Hamilton on pure form. Reliability will likely be the deciding factor.

Races from here to Brazil are meaningless. Title will be decided in Abu Double.

Ark

Unless Rosberg retires from two of the next four races and Hamilton wins them whilst also staying ahead in the other two races.

It could happen, in either direction.

kharma45

Got the race spoiled for me by another gaffer which was a shame. Never liked him anyway and even more of a reason not to now.

Didn't think it was that great a race. Might have been if Rosberg could've raced but even then I have my doubts.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Really happy that Lewis won but I get a bad feeling for the next race last time Ham had the lead was in Spain and we know what happened after that *cough parking mistake cough* hope a straight forward fight.

I was so annoyed when safety car appeared why did they did not put Lewis on soft to quickly get it out of the way in case of a safety car. Red Bull were quite good at this with Vettel when he was leading.

hadareud

The Translator
It's pretty amazing that Hamilton is ahead now in the Championship, despite being far worse affected by technical issues and team-mate related issues than Rosberg over the course of the season.

7 wins versus 4 is pretty telling when you think that he would have definitely also had the win in Melbourne and that he'd also won in Monte Carlo if it hadn't been for Rosberg's little qualifying "mishap". Rosberg would of course have won at Silverstone, but then, Hamilton would have had a lot of extra points in Spa, Hungary and Canada. And Germany may well have gone Hamilton's way too.

If everything would be about even, Hamilton would now be at least 30 points or so clear at the top.

I meant in finishing in the top three, but the DNF bit does confuse that :p

Mercedes has had 7 1-2s this season. Lewis won 5 of them, and you can argue got screwed out of a 6th one (Monaco).

Lewis, aside from his 3 DNFs, only finished 2nd once (beaten fair and square by Rosberg in Austria) and his 2 3rd places are due to him starting from (i) 20th place (GER) and (ii) the pitlane (HUN).

Cannot get any more consistent than that. Lewis has dropped the ball on a few occasion in qualifying vs. Rosberg, but that's because Rosberg is crazy fast as well. However, on Sunday, it has rarely been that close between them.

Ark

I didn't realise until I saw it mentioned in the BBC highlights, but Ricciardo has closed the gap to the front to only 60 points.

If Hamilton & Rosberg trade WDC lead over the next four races, he'll be in for a shot at the Abu Double if he can pick up best of the rest. Woah.

Really happy that Lewis won but I get a bad feeling for the next race last time Ham had the lead was in Spain and we know what happened after that *cough parking mistake cough* hope a straight forward fight.

Yeah, I've got a similar fear. Not that Rosberg will do anything untoward, but that the racing gods will decide that Hamilton needs some more bad luck.

Yagami_Sama

Hamilton did a great job, well deserved.

And McLaren , once gain delivered another horrible performance. For one moment, I thought that the one stop strategy would be benefit for Button.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
If Hamilton & Rosberg trade WDC lead over the next four races, he'll be in for a shot at the Abu Double if he can pick up best of the rest. Woah.

If his RBR do not have any technical issues. But material is getting weary as season nears end, so even his DNF or two is not out of question.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I didn't realise until I saw it mentioned in the BBC highlights, but Ricciardo has closed the gap to the front to only 60 points.

4 races splitting 1-2 for Mercedes is 86 points each for rosberg/Hamilton. Consistent 3rd places for Ricky Bobby would be 48 points. So the gap to first place would grow from 60 points to 98. He'd need two Abu doubles with both mercs DNF to overhaul them.

If rosberg and Hamilton trade 1-2s, with the other finishing second, then they'd have it sewn up at the U.S. GP and could DNF both Brazil and Abu Dhabi and still win.

kiyomi

This has been a really good season but we've been really unlucky in terms of seeing an actual battle between Hamilton and Rosberg, and it's starting to get frustrating. Some more races like Bahrain would be good.

It's pretty amazing that Hamilton is ahead now in the Championship, despite being far worse affected by technical issues and team-mate related issues than Rosberg over the course of the season.

7 wins versus 4 is pretty telling when you think that he would have definitely also had the win in Melbourne and that he'd also won in Monte Carlo if it hadn't been for Rosberg's little qualifying "mishap". Rosberg would of course have won at Silverstone, but then, Hamilton would have had a lot of extra points in Spa, Hungary and Canada. And Germany may well have gone Hamilton's way too.

If everything would be about even, Hamilton would now be at least 30 points or so clear at the top.

I said it earlier, Nico (surprisingly) has the edge in qualifying while Lewis has the edge in the actual races. Everybody was saying before the season started that Lewis would rip through qualifying sessions but Rosberg would win out with consistency and racecraft. Rosberg is definitely consistent, but Hamilton using consistently less fuel and getting podium finishes every race where he isnt retiring says quite a lot.

Shaneus

That's a really, really strange bit of damage. I wonder how much rear downforce that lost him.
So who's is it... Vettel's or Ricciardo's? Could it have had anything to the rear problems mentioned over the radio?

Be less if Alonso gave back the two places and he had a better shot at Vettel :(

Draconian

I have no idea how Perez got 7th in this race. Dude was floating in between 14th and 17th and having an awful day. What a turnaround! I remember when he was the laughing stock of these threads. Well, who's laughing now F1-GAF?

I have no idea how Perez got 7th in this race. Dude was floating in between 14th and 17th and having an awful day. What a turnaround! I remember when he was the laughing stock of these threads. Well, who's laughing now F1-GAF?

Hes been one of the most prolific overtakers of the season. Most of the mockery of him came from WaxFreeVanilla,looking for some sort of scapegoat for his team's shitty performance.

DBT85

Races from here to Brazil are meaningless. Title will be decided in Abu Double.
I'd want to be at least 15 points clear going into the last race, so you could come second and still win. So the intervening races are still important.

I just hope neither gets taken out by someone else at that race.

Ark

look at that face, it just makes fans hate him even more, hes just such a.... ugh

Since his grilling at Spa I think he's humbled a lot in the media and I've grown to like him more since before Spa.

OT2 of Irrational Men Crushes & Hatorade Showers

That´d at least reflect what's going on here. .-P

There are so many we could go with :p

|OT2| Taxi Cab Driving
|OT2| Absolutely Unacceptable

The title doesn't need to be changed, that current is great but it seems to be a tradition on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom