• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Zeknurn

and there it is
@FIAformulaE: NEWS! @abt_formula_e will not appeal @LucasdiGrassi's disqualification for a modified front wing. @thereal_JDA is the #BerlinePrix winner
http://www.twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/602188675489882112

Full details: http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/may/di-grassi-excluded-from-dhl-berlin-eprix.aspx
Race winner Lucas di Grassi has been excluded from the DHL Berlin ePrix after his Audi Sport ABT car was found to have been running with a modified front wing.
The race-winning car failed post-race scrutineering where it was discovered that the front wing fairings had been modified to include internal metal reinforcing rods. In addition the stewards found that six of the eight holes in the front wing had been sealed. The remaining two holes were found to have had helicoil inserts and chamfers made and that the front flap and gurney LH 220 has a filler layer added and chamfer made.

The team argued that these changes were made as a result of repairs and that they offered no competitive advantage, however, they were deemed to be in breach of Article 3.1 of 2014/2015 FIA Formula E Technical Regulations and the exclusion was made.
Audi Sport ABT has decided not to appeal the decision.

The decision means that Jerome D’Ambrosio is now the winner of the race and Nelson Piquet Jr is now in the lead of the championship, 10 points ahead of di Grassi.

itsgreen

Q1 and Q2 were great, but unfortunately Q3 was a bit meh. Shame, but first 2 parts delivered the goods, so whatever.

Verstappen this, Verstappen that, but at the end of quali it's Sainz who's usually faster of the two. Yeah, the kid is good, but the hype is like's he's already on Hamilton or Alonso level, when clearly he's not anywhere near them yet.

I agree that Sainz is currently the better of the two.. I wouldn't say usually since 3/5 races so far Verstappen was leading him in the race...

Verstappen wasn't able to make it work in Q3, his Q2 would have brought him to P7... A bit of bad luck...

Verstappen was fastest in FP1, FP3, Q1 and Q2... he'll do fine tomorrow...

Disqualification of Sainz is a triple bonus for him, his teammate isn't in front of him, he moves up a place and he is on the right side of the track..

Pimpwerx

Good pole for Lewis. I hope it turns into a win tomorrow. It's been Hammer Time all weekend. The race is almost unguaranteed to be terrible. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

This Formula E race is quite amusing :)

Nico Rosberg in his habitat

Z7q9nE0.jpg

Look at that front tire wake being cleared away from the sidepods. I wish we could get to see some wind tunnel images or data. PEACE.

Mastah

*Monaco Procession. If there is one thing you cannot blame pirelli for it is a procession

Pirelli procession. Drivers driving some 3 seconds off their actual pace to make 1 stopper, the only sensible strategy in Monaco, work.

I absolutely don't mind actual processions, when drivers are at least pushing and it shows, like for example in 2007 when both McLarens were absolute joy to watch in Swimming Pool chicane. But trundling around Monte Carlo streets, when this race is all about pushing to the limit, while staying intact within barriers, is just sad.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can't help but disagree with David Coulthards comments after qualifying about the changes needed for F1. While I agree that it should be the pinnacle of the sport and being only 2-3 seconds faster than much cheaper customer GP2 cars, I disagree about refuelling, higher downforce, heavier braking. Refuelling just means more overtaking in the pit lane, and it made the races boring because nothing in the first 2/3rds of the race mattered,nyou were just waiting for the last round of pitstops to see what the real picture was. Heavier braking means shorter braking zones, and I think EU need longer braking zones to provide some opportunity for overtaking. And more downforce sounds like it would make cars even more affected by following another closely, which again discourages overtaking.

I think there should be more emphasis on mechanical grip.
- Bigger tyres, Reduced downforce so cars can be closer to each other, longer braking distances.
- No refuelling but get rid of the fuel flow limit and just provide a reasonable limit so they don't need to fuel manage so much. Reduce that limit year on year if necessary to support whatever environmental agenda.
- Tyres - make all compounds available but make each team select two prior to the race so logistics aren't insane. Teams not required to run both compounds. Tyres designed to last full race distance or at least half distance, with teams choosing to pit for performance advantage not because they are dead.
- get rid of DRS

Ty4on

- No refuelling but get rid of the fuel flow limit and just provide a reasonable limit so they don't need to fuel manage so much. Reduce that limit year on year if necessary to support whatever environmental agenda.

I feel the fuel flow limit is there to reduce fuel saving. Without it the delta between fuel saving and full power would be much greater and make cars saving fuel drive even slower unless they're allowed a lot more fuel on board.

FIA made a couple of comments last year:

DrM

Redmond's Baby
weird because last year was sold out no?

but if the prices are like here in GER i am not surprised.

No wonder, RBR is shit this year and Vettel went to Ferrari. Plus the track is owned by Red Bull and their crusade against everybody in F1 is taking its toll

Hungary is more than half the price of Austrian GP (cheapest price for Austria is 95 € and for Hungary is 45 €) . Around 40% of seats for Austrian GP are still available, mostly those in 150-250 € range

Mastah

Red flag in FR3.5 race, huge and scary crash in Sainte Devote:

CFwrFxyWgAA6Rfr.png:orig

CFwsnzyW0AAeRVO.jpg:orig

CFwrF7HWgAAHlnI.jpg:orig

These fucking clowns think they are immortal - surprise, surprise, they aren't. Thankfully that car didn't vault over the barrier, but it was so close :/ Other driver is taken care of right now by medics, but he should be ok.

So idiotic to pull off moves like that at street circuit.

Mastah

Cara Delevingne.

That's pretty dope:

Lotus F1 Team ‏@Lotus_F1Team 3m3 minutes ago

So this thing we have on the car... Well we reckon it's pretty dope actually. #StillTeasing #MoreToCome #MonacoGP

CFxAlp-WMAAerr8.jpg:orig

Mastah

Tobias Grüner AMuS ‏@tgruener 1m1 minute ago

#F1 Toto Wolff admits both Mercedes cars fitted with slightly different clutch specs. Let's see who will get quickest off the line.

No repeat of Barcelona then?

Mohonky

Haha Aussie commentary already taking the piss out of Maldonado

"Well we were hoping maybe rain would shake things up abit but it looks like a beautiful day.......maybe we'll just have to wait for Maldonado instead"

Mohonky

Man all those Gazillionaires in the harbour.....what a life. Party, beautiful (but likely stuck up) people everywhere, set for life, you're biggest worry being what do you want to do and where do you want to go next.

olore

Man all those Gazillionaires in the harbour.....what a life. Party, beautiful (but likely stuck up) people everywhere, set for life, you're biggest worry being what do you want to do and where do you want to go next.

F1 GAF probably

Top Bottom