• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Dilly

Banned
Hamilton was in another league.

Even though I like Kimi, it's time for him to step aside and let young talent drive that second Ferrari.

Zeknurn

What a boring qualifier. Congrats to Hamilton on winning the Monaco GP this year.

Formula E in 30 minutes, hype. It ought to be more entertaining as usual.

Ruruja

What a boring qualifier. Congrats to Hamilton on winning the Monaco GP this year.

LHam1.png

I can see it being an interesting race still, is there any chance of rain tomorrow?

That was a damn good lap. Suppose this is the sort of thing expected of the driver after being resigned for $150M.

I don't get Nico. In the onboard replay I think maaaaaybe he downshifted too quickly. He was at the very top of 7th and kicked down to 6th from there and locked up instantly. That'd make the harvesting and brake by wire go nuts, wouldn't it? Disclaimer, I have no idea what protections they have on this on the current transmissions.

John_B

Excitement killed without that last Rosberg lap. He would have had to improve by almost 4 tenths, so it was likely not going to happen anyways.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Some showers would be godsend tomorrow during the race

Looks like engines just loves to die when Alonso is driving at high speed. Last year in Monza, this year in Monaco :D

A safety car should mix things up tomorrow. Interested to see Bottas charge through the grid tomorrow. What does he have to lose by taking some risks?

Zeknurn

It won't rain for the race according to forecasts.

A safety car should mix things up tomorrow. Interested to see Bottas charge through the grid tomorrow. What does he have to lose by taking some risks?

Charging through the grid and Monaco are two things that don't come together.

Mastah

Q1 and Q2 were great, but unfortunately Q3 was a bit meh. Shame, but first 2 parts delivered the goods, so whatever.

Verstappen this, Verstappen that, but at the end of quali it's Sainz who's usually faster of the two. Yeah, the kid is good, but the hype is like's he's already on Hamilton or Alonso level, when clearly he's not anywhere near them yet.

If they renew contract with Kimi it'll be sure damn sign they want lapdog alongside Vettel. He's pretty pathetic in quali and somehow it's the same as last year, eventhough he was sooo sure 2015 car suits him like a glove. LOL.

Alonso, Button :(

Tomorrow - Pirelli procession, yawn.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Formula E starts in 20 minutes from Berlin Tempelhof airport. 21.000 spectators.

If they renew contract with Kimi it'll be sure damn sign they want lapdog alongside Vettel. .

Well, this is how they roll at Ferrari from the glory days.

Zeknurn

Yeah he and Prost are going backwards.

Virtual Safety Car in GP2. No first lap pileup, just someone that went into the barrier at the hairpin.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
^^^^
hahahhaa

Ferrari had huge problems with getting supersofts on working temperature - they will suffer on every colder race

Meanwhile, Alonso living in another dimension

EDIT: Piquet Jr. made a fantastic recovery and what a luck for Di Grassi

Zeknurn

Well driven by Di Grass again and incredibly lucky that the car didn't break down four corners earlier.

Hahahaha the tow.

It was a great race and a great track. They should do more of these and less street circuits.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What is this F1 replay program on BBc2? Showing highlights of past Monaco GPs - watching 1982 now. Is this a regular thing? I'd love to have a program showing classic old races before each race of the season.

Edit: Urgh, these 1986 cars are ugly. 1996 don't look hugely different to today.

Edit 2: that was great. Definitely check it out on iPlayer if you can.

It won't rain for the race according to forecasts.

Charging through the grid and Monaco are two things that don't come together.
He should be able to nail one or two cars at the braking point coming out of the tunnel and leap a few more with good pit stop strategy. He may go no further than Massa though.

FStop7

Banned
Vettel set fast lap in the morning practice and the Ferrari stans (over half the crowd) went apeshit even though it was obvious that Merc was sandbagging. It kind of reminded me of the crowd at the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

At the end of Q3 it was REAL quiet. I mean like church quiet. A lot of sullen faces shuffling out of the grandstands. 7 tenths off pole at Monaco? Vettel's only prayer of winning is a crash or a mechanical happening to both Mercs.

The GP2 race came after, I won't spoil the results since it hasn't been broadcast (I think.)

Q1 and Q2 were great, but unfortunately Q3 was a bit meh. Shame, but first 2 parts delivered the goods, so whatever.

Verstappen this, Verstappen that, but at the end of quali it's Sainz who's usually faster of the two. Yeah, the kid is good, but the hype is like's he's already on Hamilton or Alonso level, when clearly he's not anywhere near them yet.

If they renew contract with Kimi it'll be sure damn sign they want lapdog alongside Vettel. He's pretty pathetic in quali and somehow it's the same as last year, eventhough he was sooo sure 2015 car suits him like a glove. LOL.

Alonso, Button :(

Tomorrow - Pirelli procession, yawn.

Eh. This years car suits Kimi billion times better than last years car. The problem is that at the same time it suits Vettel who has pretty similar driving style and has been simply better especially in quaifying. Last year Alonso beat Kimi handily in both qualifying and race speed. I don't think Kimi has been that good at qualifying since his return though. He somehow doesn't get these modern tyres warm enough to do fast single laps. His race speed has been great still (except last year). Of course in Monaco though that doesn't really matter....

Top Bottom