• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Classy speech from Reggie, both he and Geoff struggled to keep tears away. What we are witnessing here is out industry growing up.

Shang

It is stunning to hear Reggie speak so sincerely, especially since he normally filters himself heavily. The slideshow was unworthy, but Reggie's speech was beautiful.

Why are so many of you being so toxic and ignorant about this moment? A man died and his friends bared their hearts on a stage and payed their respects publicly, now isn't the time for that.

Come on, now.

Zomba13

FMA_rain_6856.jpg

Reggie touting sales and mentioning how you feel about Wii and dismissing criticisms.

Damn dude, pick a eulogy or go the other route, not both.

He was the president of Nintendo who was often criticized for poor business decisions. This was basically showing how successful he was in business and the latter part touched on him as a person. I think it was appropriate, if a bit awkward.

Jebusman

Banned
I still think last year's show was better overall, but that was some real deep shit there. Honestly if the rest of the awards could have felt as genuine as that moment, it would've been perfect.

SeanR1221

Well, it's not a far off assumption that he's leaning back towards his past experience in holding presentations just to keep it together, he looked pretty sad.

Thats probably true. Although I have to admit I'd burst out laughing if it was a segway into an announcement for the NX.

Top Bottom