• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gentle Lovers FC - We bring the next-gentle to lovin’ - PS4 FIFA 14 Pro Clubs

To those who want to join the club:
Please post here with your PSN name so we know who you are when you friend request/club request. Thank you!
9HQOhAc.png

Hey folks, it’s finally here, PS4 and next-gen FIFA on the Ignite Engine. Animations are smoother, which means clubs has probably not been improved at all. Come join many of the former Xbox 360 GAF Clubbers as we make the jump as early as possible.

How do I join? Simple! Submit an invite to the club once it is posted. We will make sure you see it in the OP. Also, with a 2000 Friend limit, feel free to friend each other as we build out our friends list. Also, post your tag here so you can be confirmed as a GAF member. ALL GAF MEMBERS ARE WELCOME!

**The club is up! Search for Gentle Lovers or friend me and find it!

Posting to join is simple. Follow this form below:

NeoGAF Username, PSN Name, twitter (optional)

Managers:
Menelaus, BigPapaGlueHands, @Menel4us
Awesome Animals, SavetheTurtles, @tfisher21
Cornballer, Cornballer, @Cornballer

Members:
Meier, abellwillring, @abellwillring
Meus_Renaissance, Starfleets, @Starfleets
PrematureQuiche, PrematureQuiche, @bigchelski
omgkitty, KillerElDiablo, @LoganNorris
sneaky77, trapperkreeper
ijm72, younghov72, @Dat_Handle
fluffydelusions, plbelanger, @fluffydelusions

Twitter: @thegentlelovers
Youtube: www.youtube.com/thegentlelovers

Now that many of us have spent years playing together, we have naturally expanded to other games and wanted to be able to keep track of different things. One forum topic wasn’t enough anymore and we’ve begun exploring other options. Additionally, this will allow us to utilize the share functions that the next generation provides. Hopefully we can have some fun and entertaining videos, but more likely they will be videos highlighting awesome goals, and demoralizing tragedies that is FIFA Clubs.

Most important of all is to not take this too seriously. We don’t care about our record, but more about socializing and having fun playing a video game. Additionally, you can provide what position you would prefer to play, but we go by a mostly first come, first serve basis.

Let’s go get wet!

So this is where I reserve my ST position for the 29th :p

PrematureQuiche, PrematureQuiche, @bigchelski

Fucking hate having to wait an extra two weeks!

sneaky77

wassup suckers

I bet you ups is gonna show up at 8pm lol

sneaky77 trapperkreeper

I'm waiting for the ps4 to arrive before activating a plus account

ijm72

Yeaaaaaaah! Glad that clubs is back! Was stuck playing online seasons on the 360 and it got boring after a while. I should be online tonight for some clubbing.

ijm72, younghov72, @Dat_Handle

sneaky77

yeah, but we are really good :p

How did you guys do on 360 last year? Believe FC have been way too close to glory this year. We missed out on the Division 1 title by a point and just can't seem to get it :(

not that great, at least when I gave up on fifa anyway lol, is more about the experience for the gentle lovers.. well and yelling at starfleets

Meier

not that great, at least when I gave up on fifa anyway lol, is more about the experience for the gentle lovers.. well and yelling at starfleets

This.

We actually were doing very well in the first few months and then it was a bit middling after nearly winning promotion to D1 (think our high was 14 points in D2). Losing is just as much fun because we have a reason to bitch!

We are pretty much the same. We barely take it really seriously. We only ever really concentrate when we get close to a title win or something. I just love playing the 11v11 so I hope the PS4 version gets popular.

Any differences in Clubs in next gen compared to last gen?

Linius

It looks like a lot of the 360 guys (me included) are switching to Playstation. Now we're merching with the PS3 club, fun times :p

Meier

It looks like a lot of the 360 guys (me included) are switching to Playstation. Now we're merching with the PS3 club, fun times :p

everyone here so far was on the 360 club lol

Yeah, thus far it's just previous Gentle Lovers players although certainly the PS3 club is welcome to join up. I think they were pretty much exclusively Euro though so it'll take some time for them.

My RL friend Ryhian is playing with us this season -- he is super excited. Not sure what his PSN name is just yet.. don't think he had a PS3. I imagine Ryhian wasn't taken though so he probably was able to get that but we'll see.

Linius

Yeah, I was one of the few Euro guys with you. That was probably the reason I didn't participate much after the first few weeks :p

I have to drive across the city to pick up my PS4, but hopefully I'll be on in a couple of hours when I get back. See you guys then if you're still up for some clubbin'.

Kyoufu

My PS4 should arrive on Tuesday so I'll be on then! My PSN ID is Kyoufu but I'm not sure if I'll use this ID or a different one, but yeah, count me in.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PC Club wishes you guys well! If its has the same issues as current gen beware of over the top balls and magnet feet players. Overall its a pretty swell game though.

W Hudson

Not sure where to post this but I just started ultimate team on ps4 FIFA 14 and I'm trying to acquire FIFA points but I keep getting the same message that there has been an error with the FIFA store checkout. Any fix for this?

Linius

Not sure where to post this but I just started ultimate team on ps4 FIFA 14 and I'm trying to acquire FIFA points but I keep getting the same message that there has been an error with the FIFA store checkout. Any fix for this?

Probably best to ask it in the FIFA 14 OT, this thread is just for the Gaf club. If I knew the answer I would have told you what's what of course but I don't :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679305

omgkitty should be in the club now - I just added you.

Does anyone know who osbornejack1214 is? They also requested to be added.

omgkitty

omgkitty should be in the club now - I just added you.

Does anyone know who osbornejack1214 is? They also requested to be added.

Thanks very much. It will probably be a little bit before I play with you guys. I've been playing on the 360 for about 6 years now, and haven't gotten 100% used to the new controller yet. Find myself getting turned way too easily on defense leaving the middle of the field wide open :\

sneaky77

Thanks very much. It will probably be a little bit before I play with you guys. I've been playing on the 360 for about 6 years now, and haven't gotten 100% used to the new controller yet. Find myself getting turned way too easily on defense leaving the middle of the field wide open :\

No worries, I think a lot of us are on the same issue so just get in there and have some fun with clubs, is more about the experience anyway lol

Like sneaky said, don't worry about your ability level at the moment. We're just having a good time and getting to know the PS4 and FIFA14 right now.

I am so sad that I am not able to play with you guys since I'm going 'bone, at least to start with. Might get one eventually for whenever Naughty Gods release a title for PS4, so will be MIA at least until then.

You guys should do live streams of the games on twitch though, because I really want to listen in to the yelling at Starfleets, it will remind me of the good times from '13!

deadnoob

deadnoob, xzymandias, @halcyonscsc

Need some practice with the PS controller but I'm ready for some clubs! EA Network seems down right now though.

Linius

I am so sad that I am not able to play with you guys since I'm going 'bone, at least to start with. Might get one eventually for whenever Naughty Gods release a title for PS4, so will be MIA at least until then.

You guys should do live streams of the games on twitch though, because I really want to listen in to the yelling at Starfleets, it will remind me of the good times from '13!

Poor Meus :p

Does anyone know who YousefYNWA and Kokiri_Kid7 are? They requested to be added to the club.
deadnoob, xzymandias, @halcyonscsc

Need some practice with the PS controller but I'm ready for some clubs! EA Network seems down right now though.
I added you tonight.
TehPabz, PSN- TehR3AP3R
If you guys ever wanna play clubs Send me a friend request I'm always down for clubs!
Just apply to the club now that you're on my friend's list, and I'll add you.

iFootball

Hello everyone! I'm hoping I can be invited to the PS4 Club :)

iFootball, NullPointer

I'm usually more of a "Seasons" player (we should totally do some CO-OP Seasons!)
and I hate FUT lol
... I usually play at night, after 9:00 pm EST

I'll be very happy to have some of you add me on PSN as well.

Top Bottom