• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Getaway Black Monday cinema ad

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I liked The Getaway 1 a lot: I hope that even though McNamara and others left that the people remaining at Team Soho were able to take what was good of the first game and add more improovements.

8bit

Knows the Score
I wanted to like the first one.
The driving was enjoyable, but the OTT accents and crappy on foot control killed my interest. It doesn't look as if this improves matters.

Gek54

The control and camera is terrible. Aiming and shooting is a chore. Autoaim is SOOO slow and trying to switch targets is incredibly frustrating. Its difficult to get him to lean against a wall or to duck. Graphics are nice though framerate is as good as or worse than gta:sa. The story is not as compelling, as the original, so far.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've just read a fantastic review of it, and now I'm convinced of it's greatness!

--
From here.

The game is back. The game that made the queastion: Whats better Vice City or The getaway. Both fantastic games. Well theres san andreas and now its the well known Getaway 2 Black Monday. The getaway was a true competeter to Viuce City, Vice City finnaly met its match. Both were good and coundnt be decided. So thats gone and the rral question is: Whats better Black Monday or San Andreas.

The game is packed with overloaded missions fulled with exitment and thrilling aspects, the futre getaway should be good from the looks of this. The missions have been improvewd, there more fun. More weapons, deadlier people and new fantastic storyline.

In the last Getaway your child got kidnapped and you had to do a variety of action packed missions to your child back however the missions are really hard. Well in Black Monday its all improved.

You can drive new vehicles, like superbikes and other fantastic, impressive vehicles. There are sports cars for those sporty gory people.
They have there uniqe handling and some have abillities. It improved from The first one and that was a stone cold classic.

The graphics are ok, in USA they take it quite seroiusly. The graphics could use some mudging up if you no what I mean. But they are ok. The faces you can see, and there clothes look damn realistic.

Yawn, tired of your old guns. WELL CHECK OUT SOME OF THE NEW WEAPONS WHICH WILL SPICE UP YOUR GAME!!! The weapons are really good, machine guns to harpoons to everything, this game will have the weapons. They are real realistic to.

After a couple of years gamemakers have reapetedly tried to make the game enjoyable at all times, none succseeded, the first one to do this was San Andreas. The second one is this. This game is very good and fun. You still have to do mission after mission. In the gta series you can do whatever you like. But they somehow managed to be the second ones to make a game enjoyable at all times!

The gameplay is also ok in this. Its quite normal really.

So it leaves the question, Which is better:

Vice City or Black Monday.

Top Bottom