• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great Online bash of Fall 2004. Which games are you getting and for which system?

shuri

Banned
Halo 2, Xbox
Burnout 3, Xbox
The Street Fighter II compilation, Xbox
OutRun 2, Xbox
Mortal Kombat 6, xbox and ps2

Note that online games will be the only games I'll be buying. I'll rent the single player stuff, since most games have no replay value/i dont just have the time to play them more than once. I will eventually pick up the new GTA, but thats it

Gran Turismo 4 (this is the main one for me)
HALO 2
Killzone
R&C3

I'm sure there are some others but those are the ones i'm definetly getting.

burnout 3
halo 2
street fighter anniversary
DOA: ultimate
Mortal kombat
conker
battlefield

etc etc. i can pretty much be coaxed into buying any game so long as it has good online support.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
neptunes said:
Dr.Guru of Peru, I think he meant games you can play online, so MP2 and Pikmin2 is out.

Yes, apparently you are correct.

Oh, and add Forza.

FMT: Isnt Conker a 2005 release? If not, add that too.

There is only one online console game that I will be getting this fall and that is Madden 2005 for PlayStation 2. The rest of my online games will be for the PC, like usual. These are the online games that I will be getting this fall:

Half-Life 2
Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
Doom 3
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Everquest 2

-jinx- said:
If it isn't on PC...then I don't care if it's online or not.

IAWTP, FTMP.

Redbeard

Banned
Definitely:

Halo 2
Burnout 3

Possibly:

Brothers in Arms
SW: Battlefront
Battlefield: Modern Combat
Ghost Recon 2
Forza

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
PS2:
Gran Turismo 4
Killzone
Burnout 3
Monster Hunter
Area 51(Maybe)
World Rally Championship 4(?)

XBOX:
Halo 2

Scott

Final Fantasy XI: Online: Chains of Promathia (PS2)

That's it. This one game will suck most of my time away anyway, so it's more than enough. :p

siege

Banned
World of Warcraft on PC. Don't really have to have anything else, but there are a few games this fall I might look into.

depending on how much money I have; it could range from 3 games this christmas to seriously like 10..

must have and will kill to have:

halo 2
doom 3

as for online games.. i am still playing links 2004 online alot.. and have espn 2k5 pre-ordered... and i just got sega rally netlink edition in the mail today :) PM Me if you wanna play sometime; i'll even call.

SA-X

Lots of great online titles, but Halo 2 is really the only must buy for me (on consoles), taking a wait and see attitude with everything else.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I'm limiting myself to ten 'full priced' games, otherwise I end up having stuff in plastic until the price drops anyway. But with stuff like SF Anniversary, GGX2 Reload #, and ESPN being $19.99 each, there will be plenty of cheap ass gaming going on too.

Anyway for full priced stuff -

PC
Half-Life 2
DOOM III
Tribes Vengeance

Xbox
Halo 2
Burnout 3

PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Gran Turismo 4
GTA San Andreas
Killzone
Ratchet & Clank UYA

Year of the FPS for me. Great year for racing games too.

edit - uh, ignore the fact that MGS3 and GTA SA aren't really "online games." I'll also get the PC version of GTA anyway for multi-theft when it comes out next year.

Soul4ger

Monster Hunter! That's like, the only game I'm buying specifically for its online functions. I'll get others, like Halo 2 and Gran Turismo 4, but I'm more interested in offline stuff for those, or, in the case of Halo, LAN stuff.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Full Price List of Online Games:

Xbox: Maybe Halo 2
PS2: GT4
Cube... hehe: Paper Mario, you pretend its online!

There are a bunch of games I would pay 20 for though. $30 for Burnout 3

Soul4ger

Suikoguy said:
Full Price List:

Xbox: err.. crap, most of the stuff I want is next year, I might get Halo 2 if I like Halo 1. And Fable if its AAA.
PS2: Metal Gear Solid 3, GT4, Star Ocean
Cube: Paper Mario

There are a bunch of games I would pay 20 for though.

I think they're talking about games with online functionality...

Top Bottom