• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edmond Dantès;45023944 said:
Those do look like good fun, but I was thinking of something more like this:

bigcover.jpg

Yo this game kicked ASS back in the day

Ixion

Were the LOTR games really hard, or was it just because my friends and I sucked at them? I remember them being pretty infuriating.

They were hard when you had to keep things from being destroyed and what-not. Having to kill orcs while keeping a gate from being damaged was a pain in the ass.

No one likes protection missions!

Ainaurdur

Were the LOTR games really hard, or was it just because my friends and I sucked at them? I remember them being pretty infuriating.

My fuzzy memory wants to say that it may have depended on how you chose to upgrade your skills. Some of them could be more devastating than others. And never underestimate the power of block/parry.

I think I might have to turn on my PS2 and play some RotK when I get home from work today!

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
If we have 13 Dwarves of Gimli's caliber, plenty of goblin blood will be split.
I'd like the enemies to be a lot more threatening this time. Seeing a bit of Dwarven blood spilt would be good. Not Silmarillion levels of violence, but enough to make it seem that the party are in real danger.

kharma45

Edmond Dantès;45023944 said:
Those do look like good fun, but I was thinking of something more like this:

bigcover.jpg

Adored that game.

Interesting clip, Nesbits acting is a little...odd but then I never really thought he was good in anything ive seen.

He's not too bad in Bloody Sunday, never watched Cold Feet but I hear it was good.

Nice enough bloke though, he's the cousin of one of my best friends.

Jacob

Glad to see so many fans of the old LOTR games. :)

Edmond Dantès;45028623 said:
Yes, like I said earlier, the timeline has been butchered.

Yeah, I'm pretty worried about that scene. Maybe it will make more sense in context, but I'm not so sure. The films keep drifting further from the book's story.

That clip looked more like something from a Narnia movie..or something. It just looked a little weird, kinda lacked the visual finesse and charm from LOTR IMO.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
has anyone tried the lego lotr game? very tempted

The Hobbit's tone is closer to something like Narnia than LotR though. I'm sure it'll be a great adaption either way.

That is true, I guess what bugs me the most was rather just the cinematography has that modern fantasy movie look to it when the action started. Its hard to explain what I mean, but it felt like something from those movies, or the Alice in Wonderland movie..or something. Still, it may actually feel really natural when seen in the actual film, so Ill hold off judgement til later.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
That is true, I guess what bugs me the most was rather just the cinematography has that modern fantasy movie look to it when the action started. Its hard to explain what I mean, but it felt like something from those movies, or the Alice in Wonderland movie..or something. Still, it may actually feel really natural when seen in the actual film, so Ill hold off judgement til later.
Try this better quality version of it.

http://www.marilyn.ca/Video.aspx#clip818554&vp127686

Starts at the 2m38 mark.

S1kkZ

my surgery was delayed, which means i can watch hobbit next week :)

still not sure which version to watch first. my local cinema (right next door) shows the film in standard 3d, if i drive 50 miles i can see it in hfr.

Glad to see so many fans of the old LOTR games. :)

The one LOTR game I wanted was cancelled by EA. It was called Lord of the Rings: The White Council and was going to be an open-world RPG ala Middle-Earth meets Elder Scrolls (from the developers of Return of the King, Third Age and Dead Space).

kharma45

The one LOTR I wanted was cancelled by EA. It was called Lord of the Rings: The White Council and was going to be an open-world RPG ala Middle-Earth meets Elder Scrolls (from the developers of Return of the King, Third Age and Dead Space).

That sounds like it could've been potentially pretty good :(

Randdalf

Edmond Dantès;45025168 said:
Vue confirms HFR 3D locations.

Acton ...
Portsmouth...
York

Oh boy, the one in Gunwharf Quays is showing it in HFR 3D... I'm going to see it in 2D at Port Solent though. May have to see it again in HFR, just to see what the fuss is about.

Anyone remember this gem?

Piece of shit.
Either that or I just sucked at it. Could be a combination of both.

Was fun, and kind of difficult too.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Lindsey Stirling doing a LotR medley. So good.

Anyone remember this gem?

242px-LOTRSNES.jpg

Lord_of_the_Rings_SNES.png

6066061720_9e85421862.jpg

Piece of shit.
Either that or I just sucked at it. Could be a combination of both.

I remember reading a review in the Norwegian version of Super Play back in the 90s. I think it was the only game they ever gave a 1/100 score, and IIRC the only reason the reviewer didn't give it 0 was because they couldn't give games less than 1 :lol

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
It's been a while since I've read the book. How do you mean?
Gandalf doesn't mention Radagast until after the Trollshaws and from what we've seen thus far and know, they meet much earlier than is theorised, not to mention seeing Wargs during the day and Wargs hunting them before they reach Rivendell.

Edmond Dantès;45029585 said:
Try this better quality version of it.

http://www.marilyn.ca/Video.aspx#clip818554&vp127686

Starts at the 2m38 mark.

It helps, but I can't quite shake the feeling I'm getting, which is a more generic style compared to what Jackson did with LOTR.. He really made every moment special in those films.. and this just sort of happens. Plus, the CG on that Warg is pretty weak. Everything just looks too clean.. or something.

Still hyped as hell for the movie, but I think this is going to have some things that really rub me the wrong way.

Wilbur

Banned
Just watched the EE of FOTR for the first time in years on Blu Ray. Still a stupendous movie. My little brother was watching it for the first time as well and loved it.

Cheebo

Banned
I don't know what it is but there is something off about how Gandalf looks in this, something in his eyes. I am not sure how to explain it. I notice it in all the clips.

Wilbur

Banned
"Don't you lose him Samwise Gamgee!" And I don't mean to... I don't mean to.
OH SAM!

No idea how he marries Rosie at all, the homoerotic tension is so fucking palpable. 11 year old broski saying 'so wait, are they boyfriend and boyfriend? What?! He likes girls? Why is he being gay then? What? Frodo and Sam aren't together? What do they do all alone on the boat then?!'

No idea how he marries Rosie at all, the homoerotic tension is so fucking palpable. 11 year old broski saying 'so wait, are they boyfriend and boyfriend? What?! He likes girls? Why is he being gay then? What? Frodo and Sam aren't together? What do they do all alone on the boat then?!'

tumblr_lp264mCQOz1qge6tz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom