• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Implosion of Venezuela's Democracy and Economy

Steel

Banned
I remember for a time there was a hardcore Chavez group here on Gaf

There are some Maduro apologists around too, don't you worry.

But according to Wikipedia it did:

1280px-INE_Venezuela_poverty_rate_1990_to_2013.png

You have a very similiar graph for Russia at the same times. For the same reasons.

Aren't the opposition mostly a coalition of centre-left social democrats? Also, Latin America has always had shitty corrupt governments for some reason. South America would be one of the best places to live in the world if it wasn't for the shitty governments and resulting massive poverty. Wonder why Britain is the only European country to have had colonies where some of them became prosperous, functioning countries. Canada, etc.

Britain made large investments in infrastructure and edcuation in their colonies. They treated a lot of the natives very poorly, but the infrastructure and education systems stayed after they left.

karnage10

Banned
Every time I see a thread in NeoGAF talking about the rough situation in my country, I get a little sad. It just gets so little attention, I wish that more people would actually care and have a little sympathy for Venezuela. The little discussion there is about it in here, it usually never goes beyond page 1. And now I'm sad again.

Here in Portugal there are still some news on Venezuela, not many but every once in a while there will be news showing how horrible people's life has become.

I hope venezuela finds a way to become a "true" democracy without bloodshed, like Portugal once did.

Top Bottom