• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Karl Malone Retirement/Depreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

The Man...The Bitch...The Loser

These are the life and times of born loser, Karl "Everyday is Sunday for this Mailman" Malone

kmalone93-1.jpg

Becoming the first Black man to move to Utah in 1985, Karl Malone was destined for failure.

This "man" (if we can call him that) was carried for 15+ years by a 5'6" white point guard from Gonzaga

stockton01.jpg

Later in his flop of a career, he went on to rob Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan of their MVPs during their championship seasons

malone_trophy.jpg

Because it took him 20 years to realize he could not lead a NBA team to the title, he went to the LA Lakers with fellow loser for life, Gary Payton

8848_512.jpg

But then karma finally came

Malone.goes.down.jpg

With his miserable career flashing before his eyes

maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg
malonekickhorry.jpg
malonekickhakeem.jpg
jordan_steal.jpg

And how does his career end?

capt.dtp11706160151.nba_finals_dtp117.jpg

Watching Game 5 of the NBA Finals from the bench in street clothes.

The perfect ending for this loser.

Now go take your daughter's ring to the Ring Cleaner.

Seth C

The pathetic thing about his daughter is that she came to the games in a LAKERS jersey. Have some RESPECT, bitch. You play for a Detroit team, a team that has the same owner as the Pistons! I hope the cut her.

Seth C

Fowler said:
...yeah, it's SO PATHETIC to support your father.

Hey, I understand being torn between the two. Maybe wear an item from both the Pistons and LA? But come on, this team plays for the man that writes your paycheck. Generally speaking, other teams from other sports in the same city show support for one another.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Seth C said:
Hey, I understand being torn between the two. Maybe wear an item from both the Pistons and LA? But come on, this team plays for the man that writes your paycheck. Generally speaking, other teams from other sports in the same city show support for one another.

Let's not get out of hand here. Karl actually brought her into the world. I can see how she would have more devotion to her dad that her WMBA team. I am sure her dad has given her more money than the WNBA will ever give her.

XS+

Banned
Doth Togo said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a Malone fan. He's a good man and played a hell of a good game of ball.
All that.. and historically one of the most unsportsmanlike assholes in the league. Plus I don't appreciate him dragging his geriatric ass to my team and making himself more of a liability than asset, after barely missing any games for two frikken decades.

bionic77

Malone was the best part of this Lakers team and if they had won he should have been the MVP (even though that never would have happened). They just could not get it done without him, look at their regular season record without him. I have seen the Lakers go stretches without Kobe or Shaq this year and they have been competitive, but everytime Malone went out they simply fell apart. Malone was the only guy on the Lakers that played hard for the entire time he was in the game, normally I would put Kobe in that category too, but for whatever reason he didn't have that same desire he normally has and there were times he just flat out didn't give 100%, you can't say that of Malone. I used to be a Malone hater because I liked Hakeem back in the day and I hated the way the Jazz played, they won more often by taking advantage of the rules then by their actual skill, but after seeing his effort and his work ethic I have become a fan of his. As Larry Brown would say, he plays the game the right way. It is especially refreshing for a Laker fan that has seen his team get fat and lazy from too much success.

Karl Malone got what he deserved, nothing. All the years of setting back picks, throwing elbows, and crying to referees. He will still go to the hall of fame, but he won't get that ring, cause he's not the clutch player he was supposed to be.

Now where's the the Gary Payton defamation thread?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Screw Malone!

Why does Payton ALWAYS look like he's sneering? Does he sleep with that expression on his mug? Good grief

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
bishoptl said:
Screw Malone!

Why does Payton ALWAYS look like he's sneering? Does he sleep with that expression on his mug? Good grief

I have met the Glove once... and I can say he always looks like that... you can't tell if his smiling or sneering...

Seth C said:
The pathetic thing about his daughter is that she came to the games in a LAKERS jersey. Have some RESPECT, bitch. You play for a Detroit team, a team that has the same owner as the Pistons! I hope the cut her.

Umm, I think that's dumb. You're gonna support your father. Period. I'm sure the pistons/shock ownners and staff wholeheartedly understood. Blood over everything.

I couldn't stop laughing last night looking at Malone crying. You're a traitor, and a disgrace to the whole basketball world. Good Riddence.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Dicks in the gravy. Post circa signing press conference.
UCB said:
The Payton-Malone collabo you've been waiting for!

Featuring hit tracks:

1. Black Stockton (K.Malone/G.Payton)

2. [smell]THE GLOVE (D.Hubbins/N.Tuffnel)

3. Dicks all up in the Gravy Dish (K.Malone/G.Payton)

4. This Jersey Smells Like Shit (G.Payton)

5. A Closer Walk With Thee: feat. Shaq Deisel (traditional)

6. Pay Cut (K.Malone)

7. I Want More Touches: feat. Vanessa Williams (K.Bryant/S,O'Neil/G.Payton/K.Malone)

Produced by three time NBA Champion D. "Floppy Fish" Fisher. Hits stores this October!
2142287SD001_Lakers_PC071714_lower.jpg

Im glad I left that hidden track: "Gonna get dat ring bitch" off of the album. Malone might have been embaraced.

LOL, you guys are extremely harsh. I don't like Malone either, but he's still be a staple in this league for the last 20 years. It would have been nice to see him get a ring, but oh well, I'm glad the Pistons won. Both him and Payton had their chances for a ring in the mid/late 90's with the Jazz and Sonics respectively. Neither could pul it out in their primes.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
<------ life long Jazz fan... malone stockton supporter.... I supported him on the lakers , but not like I did when he was on the jazz, I could have cried when they lost to the Bulls in the finals years ago, this loss was no where near that.... He was good for the game... I would not want him to win without stockton... they should go in the hall of fame together and now they wont i dont think because its a certain amount of time you have after you retire to go into the hall... or is that baseball...

Pimpwerx

I nominate DMc for Hater of the Year after this thread. LOL! This is too harsh. You can't hate on GP. The Glove's got the love. It's alright to hate on Malone and his cheapshot elbows, but damn, ease up on GP. :D PEACE.

Seriously, DM, lose the complex. Malone was nothing but class last night after the loss, yet you want to stomp all over him? As for Payton, well, he probably didn't think it'd be as tough to learn the triangle as the PG as it actually is. This is a system that takes years to fully understand, yet he was thrown into the fire. Basically, DM, STFU.

Thnx..

Blackace

Karl Malone is far from a class act... but if you want to think so....

As for GP (and Karl for this matter)... Phil Jackson should have changed his system instead of trying to change two hof players

Blackace said:
Karl Malone is far from a class act... but if you want to think so....

As for GP (and Karl for this matter)... Phil Jackson should have changed his system instead of trying to change two hof players

Er, I said he was nothing but class LAST NIGHT AFTER THE LOSS. I made no remarks about whether he's been a class act all through his playing career.

Blackace

HalfPastNoon said:
Er, I said he was nothing but class LAST NIGHT AFTER THE LOSS. I made no remarks about whether he's been a class act all through his playing career.

So after a whole career of being an ass.... fans should forgive because he had class for once?

Ryck

What? he wore #32???? Im no a big b-ball fan but wasn't that Magic Johnson's number and wasn't it retired?

bionic77

Sactown said:
LOL, that was great.
Now you need to make one of these for Kobey Bryant.

It wouldn't work for Kobe Sactowm as he was part of a historic three peat, something only down by two other teams. Now Webber on the other hand is the definition of a born loser. He even had a similar knee injury when it looked like the Kings were about to break through. The similarities are eerie.

Fowler

I don't care about what Malone did for the rest of his career. All I know is that in the one year he played for my Lakers, he was a class act. Didn't matter that his minutes or scoring was down, didn't matter that the second-highest scorer of all time was now being asked to do more anonymous defensive work, he did it all and never complained. Always gave 110% and really showed that useless prick GP how to behave.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
WasabiKing said:
Karl Malone got what he deserved, nothing. All the years of setting back picks, throwing elbows, and crying to referees. He will still go to the hall of fame, but he won't get that ring, cause he's not the clutch player he was supposed to be.

My feelings exactly. Malone was such a dirty player, he got what he deserved.

Bowser

Ninja Scooter said:
lol. i love this pic:
a_malone2_i.jpg

\because he hasn't even delivered the 'bow yet, but Larry Johnson is already cowering in fear.

HEY! YOU LEAVE LARRY JOHNSON ALONE. HE'S JUST MAKING SURE HE DOENS'T HAVE TO GET 50 STICHES!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Best thread ever.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Ninja Scooter said:
at least he played on with a busted up knee, more than can be said for a certain Queen...
chris_webber_injured.jpg

Wow, you obviously know nothing about Basketball.

Bionic: I meant we should make Kobe a retirement thread. Celebrate his career, and congratulate him on being able to ride Shaq so well.

Webber just won a championship with Detroit, the team that he truly loves, and he will still have many chances to win a ring in the next few years (especially with Tmac on his team). :)

marko

Even though he was a dirty player, I still respect the guy. Same with Stockton. He is the second leading scorer of all time, and brought no shame on himself during his Laker tenure.

If anything, it is hard to respect most of you guys as baskeball fans with the quantity and extreme nature of Malone bashing going on here.

rc213

Too bad he didnt land one good elbow to Jordan's temple therefore ending his career! Imagine a world without the Jordonauts!

Meier

Blackace said:
So after a whole career of being an ass.... fans should forgive because he had class for once?

Well Lonestar is a big Barroid Bonds fan after all -- at least he's consistent in supporting assholes!

This is DM's best thread ever btw. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom